You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A trick to make units and buildings undeletable.
posted 12-12-03 07:07 AM EDT (US)   
If a flare or an impassible tile is replaced with a building, land unit, or sea unit, It becomes impossible to delete by the owning player. Planes are a different story. An initial test of a couple of types of planes shows they are deletable.

Also a test reveals buildings can occupy the same space. I had 50 barracks sitting on the same exact spot(If I had 125 "stealth" zeppelins occupying the same space, 50 buildings aint going crash the editor).

On another note. Replacing a farm with a unit or semi ambient object allows a citizen or other unit to occupy the same space of another unit that is not normally possible. Example, I had a cit stand on the deack of a ship, and a cit stand in the middle of a box, just if he were a jack-in-the-box(units can't walk thru boxes).

Replacing a unit that is facing odd directions with a farm makes for a more diverse farming scene.

Christmas Tree

-Made with 8 flares facing 8 different directions replaced with 8 pagodas on the exact same spot(no tinsle)-
I experimented with over 100 variations. not one editor crashed on like 150 tests.

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 12-12-2003 @ 09:25 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-12-03 10:35 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
the second looks pretty cool, though the roof of the bottom looks...ummm...weird

Bah.
posted 12-12-03 10:46 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
Nice, that's some pretty cool stuff.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 12-13-03 04:25 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
_o0XxX0o_'s "how did he do that #2"

_o0XxX0o_'s "how did he do that #3"

_o0XxX0o_'s "how did he do that #4

1 Pic Removed - AzN

Matthew 5:11

[This message has been edited by AzN (edited 12-13-2003 @ 12:22 PM).]

posted 12-13-03 11:28 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Maybe you can put guards and/or archers on walls if you combine this with a floating unit.

I've put pillboxes inside buildings this way, and it looks fairly neat. I'm planning to put a banner on top of the building saying how many units are in it.

Woad Creations veteran, WiC junkie
posted 12-13-03 11:36 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
Those pics eh?

This is a family forum -- I doubt GillB would approve of me saying such things as "thrust deeply while rubbing hands passionately". -Obese
Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design Discussions » A trick to make units and buildings undeletable.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empires Heaven | HeavenGames