You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Er..Um..Duh..Where did these beta towers come from?
posted 12-14-03 09:34 AM EDT (US)   
PIC

They look like Town Centers.

They Do damage like Towers.

They behave like Towers.

But yet...

How do Towers with names like; Laser, Concrete, Imperial, Medieval, Bronze, Copper, and Primitive get the heck in a game before lasers were invented, and after the copper and bronze age?!?

A question that may never be answered.

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 12-14-2003 @ 11:35 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-14-03 10:01 AM EDT (US)     1 / 24  
Wow, that's quite the find, my question is how?

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 12-14-03 10:55 AM EDT (US)     2 / 24  
Likely leftover from EE.
posted 12-14-03 10:57 AM EDT (US)     3 / 24  
Aye, they were left over from Empire Earth. May I ask how you found them? There may be more to find

Angel AzN | News Editor Lead EH, HeavenGames LLC
"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral Farragut, Civil War Battle of Mobile Bay
HeavenGamesEmpires Heaven | 3DMark05 Score3DMark03 Score | WearYELLOW
posted 12-14-03 11:20 AM EDT (US)     4 / 24  
That's interesting.

Woad Creations veteran, WiC junkie
posted 12-14-03 11:52 AM EDT (US)     5 / 24  
It was EZ to do. No mod required, but there are limitations that can be workrd around.

Take a look at this... PIC

oops! forgot that empires alreadyhas sheep!

All the old animals of EE are acessible..but they all are sheep...models of sheep anyway. Or deers or elks. No eagles that I found.

Elephants, tigers, wolves, walruses, horses..even somewhat ambient animals such as; flies and vermen.

Vermen are these really large sheep that are always facing away from u no mater what direction the camera is rotated. They even run sideways and backwards. And they dont make EE sounds like elephants or tigers or such.

However if u try to attack another animal with a sheep looking wolf the game crashes..or at least I think it does. Or maybe it crashes when a wolf that looks like a sheep reproduces, I don't know What.

Now u have sheep that attack the enemy!

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 12-14-2003 @ 12:03 PM).]

posted 12-14-03 01:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 24  
Okay, two people asked you how and you didn't say. So...

How?

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people." -President Bush, State of the Union Address
posted 12-14-03 01:30 PM EDT (US)     7 / 24  
Alright, alright!

Access them by creating objects with the family grouping as opposed to class menu.

To create the towers, create object in area x; family > towers

For the animals..> animal family grouping.

They come up randomly so u have to create a few at a time then quickly save the scenario. Create more of them by selecting them with triggers in the ojects, and creating them from that selected tower in area x.

Tell me if u have seen these objects before....

-A Volkswagon Van.

-A very unusual Barracks.

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 12-14-2003 @ 01:33 PM).]

posted 12-14-03 01:46 PM EDT (US)     8 / 24  
arent the barracks in the General Patton Campaign

Now known as Delfino_Messor i am no longer BlackEvil
Mêrlørd•Ðêšîgñ•§†ûdîø§ Scenario Designer
posted 12-14-03 01:56 PM EDT (US)     9 / 24  
Yeah the barracks is assessable from the objects menu. That's a cool Volkswagen though.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 12-14-03 02:33 PM EDT (US)     10 / 24  
You're amazing. From now on I'm going to call you JA.

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people." -President Bush, State of the Union Address

[This message has been edited by qb_rms (edited 12-14-2003 @ 04:18 PM).]

posted 12-14-03 03:19 PM EDT (US)     11 / 24  
Checkout this settlement/capitol that lets u advance to epoch 11/WW2 essentially letting u advance straight from the medieval age to WW2.

PIC

ALL kinds of leftovers from EE...

-Coloseum
-Istar Gates
-Cyber Factory
-Hospitol
-Siege factory with same logo as the EE one.
- and many more are still there.

And I found a Volcano that never dissapears while doing full damage.

These were from creating several buildings from the family group in the object types in triggers.

posted 12-14-03 05:22 PM EDT (US)     12 / 24  
SSSI should get rid of these leftovers

Now known as Delfino_Messor i am no longer BlackEvil
Mêrlørd•Ðêšîgñ•§†ûdîø§ Scenario Designer
posted 12-14-03 05:48 PM EDT (US)     13 / 24  
Check the logos of e.g. the Cyber Factory. They look different then in EE to me. I do believe, they speeded up to deliver so fast, that they were not able to bring their project to a final point. Check iron for example. It exist, can be placed and be defined, but the 3d-figure does not work and can not be resized. That all looks very unfinished.
I have the feeling SSSI wanted to deliver a game including iron and future techniques, but was stopped by Activision, because Activisions Marketing looked mainly for Multiplayer and wanted more rounds of money making ...
posted 12-14-03 06:02 PM EDT (US)     14 / 24  
No, it is mainly because it would be A LOT of working removing all the legacy code of Empire Earth from Empires. So they left it in and disabled them. It seems they didn't disable all of it .

"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral Farragut, Civil War Battle of Mobile Bay
posted 12-14-03 08:33 PM EDT (US)     15 / 24  
Anyways, these are the things I found:
* Airport without Runway
* Granery - Improved from EE with 6000 HP
* Female Citizen from EE with English Citizen skin
* Citizen from EE with English Citizen skin
* EE Airport
* EE Cyber Factory
* Single Player Settlement (pics soon)
* French House
* EE Tank Factory
* EE Siege Factory
* EE Temple
* EE Town Center with upgrade to Age 9
* EE Hospital
* EE Fortress
* EE University
* EE Stable
* EE Capitol with upgrade to Age 9 and able to create Dog
* AA Missile Tower from EE, that actaully fires a missile!

Good find. But too bad all the EE buildings dont have the model/skin, so they all look like English Town Centers =\

posted 12-15-03 08:05 AM EDT (US)     16 / 24  
EE Buildings, although they all look the same retain there properties from EE.

-Coloseums still redistribute population in Empires.
-Gates of Ishtar still add 3 times the hitpoints to walls.
-Hospitals still heal
-Universities still prevent conversions.
-Temples still stop damage from calamities...I only tried volcanoes and earthquakes, but It may stop all of them.

I tried capture every beta unit & anomoly I could using the create object family, and This is what I found so far.

-Volkswagon Van's are easily created using tank family, and removing all units in area that they were created(volkswagon does not register as a player unit of any kind).

-A type of C47 Skytrain can be created on the ground, and takeoff without an airport, dropping 8 artillery paratroops with a small chance of a desert tank instead of the airtillery.

-Besides the Female citizen that was mentioned, there is a miniature citizen that can build a "primitive"(ee tower) tower that of course still looks like an english TC, but if u have more than 1 of that type of cit, and doubleclick the unit to multi select it...the game crashes...(dont have more than 1).

-There is an EE tank barrier that if killed, permanently leaves the graphic image of building while having no physical interactive properties.

-If u create helecopter family in addition to ballons and zep's there will be storms and monsoons that dont dissipate, and they may still have destructive properties..if not then a storm can be graphically scaled to zero and if tasked, leaves water splashes underneath which I believe is not an ez graphic effect to duplicate.

-There is an EE building(I forgot the name), that has no rotation modeling, so it stays in the same direction no mater what the camera angle is.

-The AA missle tower(AZN) form the EE digital age is replaced by the model image of an anti-tank gun.

-EE Archery Ranges, Barracks, 2 types of forteresses are availible too.

After autosifting thru over 10,000 created buildings, I never saw the no-runway airport.

It seems I found no other beta units or anything that was not otherwise accessible in the objects list(there stilll may be more). But in testing I found some very interesting properties in visibility effects, and working with objects with negative or null dynamic numbers used. More later.

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 12-15-2003 @ 08:19 AM).]

posted 12-15-03 10:57 AM EDT (US)     17 / 24  
Nice stuff.

Adder |
posted 12-15-03 01:38 PM EDT (US)     18 / 24  
Very good work, _o0XxX0o_. And AzN, of course.

And BlackEvil, please stop coming into threads and trolling. _o0XxX0o_ is doing great work with the editor, and if you don't like it, then tough.

posted 12-16-03 01:06 PM EDT (US)     19 / 24  

Quote:

And BlackEvil, please stop coming into threads and trolling. _o0XxX0o_ is doing great work with the editor, and if you don't like it, then tough.

What? Both sentences of his reflected my own opinions. I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

posted 12-16-03 01:27 PM EDT (US)     20 / 24  
What I meant was that he has come into several of _o0XxX0o_'s threads and posted comments saying that it's rubbish, or words to that effect. I suppose I'm over-reacting a bit, mind.
posted 12-16-03 02:32 PM EDT (US)     21 / 24  
Hah! nice finds!, that Van would owns lol.

posted 12-16-03 02:41 PM EDT (US)     22 / 24  

Quote:

What I meant was that he has come into several of _o0XxX0o_'s threads and posted comments saying that it's rubbish, or words to that effect. I suppose I'm over-reacting a bit, mind.

Well, he has acted like a jerk in other threads, but in this one, yes, he was in line. If you wanted to attack him, you should have done it in a different thread where you had cause.

posted 12-16-03 02:59 PM EDT (US)     23 / 24  
Oh. My. God.

I'm just amazed...Brr! Nice job!

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 12-16-03 06:10 PM EDT (US)     24 / 24  
Actually, oXo, I did figure it had to be that before I read your reply. Just make an object that's "a car" and you might end up with one of those things you have there. Am I good?

Seriously, though.. Nice work, oXo. Us scenario designers are sure to come up with ways to use those!.

Woad Creations veteran, WiC junkie
Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design Discussions » Er..Um..Duh..Where did these beta towers come from?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empires Heaven | HeavenGames