Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A Proud Banner Indeed.
posted 12-10-03 09:06 AM EDT (US)   
Take a look at this...

Banner Kills -the banner hard to see says "17 Kills"

By looping a trigger with the effect unit name; banner. And naming the banner; /#PA0001 Kills(for example), a Building or object will display the amount of kills or some other player attribute. Thus keeping a running total for ease and visual effect.

/#PA0001 - stands for "Player Attribute" condition number 0001(when u checkmark the number the listings, conditions, effects, objects and areas will be numbered so they can be referenced by this feature).

The player attribute(0001) in this case is condition player 1' units killed = x(does not matter which number u enter just leave it blank).

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 12-10-2003 @ 09:08 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-10-03 09:26 AM EDT (US)     1 / 22  
You're very good at figuring out the best tricks with the editor. The map editor isn't up to par though, so I won't be designing much. Although, as you have pointed out with your discoveries, the triggers are quite good.

Can you make a huge article with all your tricks in it?

[This message has been edited by Gaurdian_112 (edited 12-10-2003 @ 11:44 AM).]

posted 12-10-03 10:22 AM EDT (US)     2 / 22  

Quote:

Unfortunately, along with the game, the editor sucks. Its map editor is the worst I've ever seen

oh stfu. if you don't like it, don't use it, but stop bitching about it

but I agree with him, make one article about all of these...

Bah.
posted 12-10-03 10:57 AM EDT (US)     3 / 22  
_o0XxX0o_ is fantastic when comes to figuring out new innovative things for editors. He was a credit to the Empire Earth design community and he is a credit to the Empires community.
posted 12-10-03 11:31 AM EDT (US)     4 / 22  
Could someone just ban Guardian or somthn?
And dang!!! nice one _o0XxX0o_! I wish I knew this one workin on the Lineage wars...

I am working on another multiplayer scenario, and I wonder...is it possible to have a banner which displays # of Troops player has, and # of Gold? So that if a person sneaks a spy into enemy town he will see thie info above the town center or somthn.
Thanks.

posted 12-10-03 11:31 AM EDT (US)     5 / 22  
Thanx all - Empire Earth editor was not all that bad, It was leagues above aoe/aok editor, avoiding all the redundant trigger laying. Still, the fact that there were so many complaints about fixing the EE editor was a testament to the fact that the EE editor was worth fixing...Empires editor has gone many steps further.

*yes DeKont, make player attribute; "Player x's gold", or "Player x's army count" instead.

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 12-10-2003 @ 11:34 AM).]

posted 12-10-03 11:35 AM EDT (US)     6 / 22  

Quote:

Could someone just ban Guardian or somthn?

lol.

Why, because I quite rightly got pissed at LD's behavior?

posted 12-10-03 11:58 AM EDT (US)     7 / 22  
Since when is _o0XxX0o_ LD?

Nice stuff, I'll add to the recourse library.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 12-10-03 12:05 PM EDT (US)     8 / 22  
No man LD is Liscensed Devil. He flames and makes false promises.
posted 12-10-03 12:50 PM EDT (US)     9 / 22  
guardian just because you can't work out how to set up your own forums don't go round saying i promised you anything. refer to my post in the scnnet forums if you really want to talk about promises. You're probably the most selfish person in the world, you expect me to drop everything in my life just to set your crappy team some forums up, get a life.

Licensed Devil
I'm here to kill your self belief
-=[SCN Punk Network]=-
-=[WebMaster]=-
SCN Punk Empires Editor Guide (or here)
posted 12-10-03 02:30 PM EDT (US)     10 / 22  
I expect you to tell me you're busy rather than flame me out of town.
posted 12-10-03 02:35 PM EDT (US)     11 / 22  
That's the point, whenever you asked when the forums would be done i would tell you i don't have much time and when i did get some time it would get done.

Licensed Devil
I'm here to kill your self belief
-=[SCN Punk Network]=-
-=[WebMaster]=-
SCN Punk Empires Editor Guide (or here)
posted 12-10-03 02:44 PM EDT (US)     12 / 22  
Comeon, honestly, between you and me, you never did that. You never once mentioned you were busy. You mentioned me being the boss and how I was being good this week...lol.

Honestly now. I can't imagine living under scn network's "net". You're horrible LD!

You can't imagine the trouble I went through convincing the team that scn network was an amazing place to be hosted- well now that can laugh at my stupidity, but atleast I made the right choice.

I had trouble with my electronic credit card at first but its all fixed now anyhow.

posted 12-10-03 03:11 PM EDT (US)     13 / 22  
Might be me, but isn't this the exact same thing Hank explained in another thread?

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau

[This message has been edited by Byzantine_Warrior (edited 12-10-2003 @ 03:12 PM).]

posted 12-10-03 03:31 PM EDT (US)     14 / 22  
yes, it is, but no one thought to use it on a banner...although it does not work on rename civ.
posted 12-10-03 04:50 PM EDT (US)     15 / 22  
Gaurdian actually used to be permanently banned. But since he kept smurfing and changing his emails and IP adresses, he was unbanned, I think.

http://www.dojoclan.net
Well I was talking to Kman, and he was like "what do you do?" and I was like "Oh, I act, go to school, dance, sing, play soccer and stuff. What do you do?" and he was like "AntiAmi." so I figured hey, it's an occupation. - Ultima_Knight
posted 12-10-03 06:59 PM EDT (US)     16 / 22  
Gaurdian and LD, if you can't get along that's fine, it's not fine to continually wreck threads with stupid arguments. Just ignore each other, please?

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 12-10-03 07:04 PM EDT (US)     17 / 22  
I see a common thread here.
posted 12-10-03 08:40 PM EDT (US)     18 / 22  

Quote:

Gaurdian actually used to be permanently banned. But since he kept smurfing and changing his emails and IP adresses, he was unbanned, I think.

So in essence, HG gave in.

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people." -President Bush, State of the Union Address
posted 12-11-03 00:20 AM EDT (US)     19 / 22  
lol @ guardian..

Complaining about the empires map editor, whilst your beloved rise of nations editor is the most horrible map editor in RTS history, and BHG is still reluctant to fix it.

i believe you're in the wrong forum.

Now, back on topic.. That's a nice little trigger, it would be nice in blood games. Perhaps more people will get into making more multiplayer maps after seeing things like this.

[This message has been edited by tanka (edited 12-11-2003 @ 00:24 AM).]

posted 12-11-03 01:34 AM EDT (US)     20 / 22  
I'm glad to see _o0XxX0o_ doing what he does. Whether some of it ever gets used or not isn't the point, but finding new and cool things with the editor (Or even stuff that is known, but used in a way people never thought of) helps everyone in the community. At the very least you can say it's positive and productive for the design community.
posted 12-11-03 08:50 AM EDT (US)     21 / 22  
Gaurdian seems to enjoy complaining. Its not that i hate u gaurdian, its just that u've become, well, to put it as lightly as possible, a d**khead. Sorry to be the one to tell u this, but its true man. Don't go and flame me for this, i'm just informing u cause i reckon, probably like me, that ur gonna get banned again.

General L. Goobs
Victim of narrow mindedness.
posted 12-11-03 10:45 AM EDT (US)     22 / 22  
I might as well let you know I haven't replied in this topic for quite a while, and expressing your criticism about a dissapointing game won't get me banned.
Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design Discussions » A Proud Banner Indeed.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empires Heaven | HeavenGames