Browse Categories
New Files

Download File

The Matrix

Author File Description
Talon Karrde
File Details
Version: Empires: Retail Release
This is a short (1 minute) cinematic semi-based on The Matrix. Neo (Captain O'Reilly [yeah, yeah, I know, but I couldn't find Neo in the units' section]) kills two security guards in front of a restaurant, makes off with a vehicle and meets Agent Smith (Agent Demarco, but without the sunglasses). This ends after they meet, as I had a hard time (mostly due to crashes) spending a lot of time fine tuning their battle.
In this, the two main effects you get to see the 360 degree rotation (as smooth as possible) around a figure dying in slow motion. You may open this up in the editor to check out how I did the slow motion (as the 360 is no doubt very straightforward). Enjoy!

Talon Karrde of Woad Creations
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
MoB FrEakO ........retracted

[Edited on 01/22/04 @ 10:24 PM]

Gaurdian_112 Basically, I'm using a ONE RATING system for this movie. Which means, there's only one rating, and I found that it deserved a 5.

It doesn't matter what any of you guys think: I liked it alot, I think it deserves a 5.

Its a great movie, with innovative ideas, eye-candy, and good camera motion. Infact, there isn't a better movie out there as of yet.

[Edited on 01/23/04 @ 07:23 PM]

MoB FrEakO Gaurdian wtf, Thats all you give everyone
Byz
(id: Byzantine_Warrior)
Okay, first off, Guardian's review should and hopefully will be deleted, as well as his reviewing capabilites taken away, since he has absolutley no common sense what-so-ever. That said, no offense to Talon, but I do not know why you would put something like this in the download section. It clutters it up. This slow motion and 360 camera could simply be made in an article and put into the new scenario design library. Come on fellas, think!

[Edited on 11/30/03 @ 04:53 PM]

Adder
(id: The Adder)
Come on, that was a horrible review, no offense or anything talon but it wasn't exactly the best of movies. :p
Gaurdian_112 Its simply like this: there are no good movies out there, and quite frankly, this is the best of the lot.

Since there is no practical rating for movies, a 5 on playability and balance is more than fair.

As for "all my reviews", I've only reviewed twice, D-day massacre and this one. And don't you dare say that d-day massacre doesn't deserve all 5's, it does Byzantine. Its way better than anything you can do.
Byz
(id: Byzantine_Warrior)
Moving on to attacking my skill as a scenario designer, which you have no idea of since you have not seen a scenario for Empires by me. I was afraid of this. My point is, by giving the review you gave this movie, you are saying it is better than Hank's map and the two ScnPunk maps.
Since there is no review system, do as I did in your movie and don't give it a rating, at least not offical. Just post a comment, and say you give this movie a 5. But for Pete's sake, to say this movie is a good as some of the ancient, wonderful work by Ingo at AoKH, or the Wonderer's of Siron at EEH, or even saying it is better than your scenario at AoMH, is insane. That is what I am trying to get across. A 5 means the best, can't be beaten. This movie can be beaten. No offense to Talon, some clever ideas, but of course, an article would have been better suited. :)

[Edited on 12/01/03 @ 03:18 PM]

Adder
(id: The Adder)
Yeah, seriously Guardian, that's just stupid, just because you think it's currently the best movie on the downloads section doesn't mean it deserves a 5.0, as Byz said, you're making it equal and/or better than great stuff. And once again, no offense to you talon but it's not more than ~3.0 rating.

I've alerted Park on the rating and hope it will be removed.

[Edited on 12/01/03 @ 05:50 PM]

MoB FrEakO I have also alerted him, I dont understand how an un completed 15 second movie can get a 5.0
Gaurdian_112 The entire rating is 4.0 which is very fair.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:577
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:60.68 KB
Added:11/28/03