Single Player Scenarios » II WORLD WAR

Download File

II WORLD WAR

Author File Description
JORGIAS
File Details
Version: Empires: Retail Release
file out of date.
you can download world war II(THE GERMAN INVASION) AND WORLD WAR II (THE ALLIED COUNTERATTACK)
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Midgard Eagle I hereby request that a moderater edits the tile of this file.

Midgard Eagle

PS (edit): Also delete the spam "review" below.

[Edited on 01/15/04 @ 11:40 PM]

JORGIAS
File Author
well it is an unbelieble game the best or of the best i have seen..the scenario is really giant and realistic so teh action is really like the real history of the second world war..i love it!!!!
thanks god i have a new computer ,because i dont think all the computers can play such a perfect and huge game
The Crazy Person
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance4.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design1.0
Story/Instructions1.0
Playability: 1
The first thing I will mention as far as playability is concerned is that my computer was lagging even when I had the game paused(and this is with some high end hardware). This is the last scenario I will play which forces down my graphic settings. It was almost impossible to manage troops or move them around and coordinate attacks on my enemies. There was literally no skill involved as it was nothing more than tasking a horde of troops to attack an enemy horde and hoping you come out on top. No base building and/or no strategy(which should exist in fixed forces games)

Balance: 4
This is the only catagory in which I can give a decent rating because each nation's horde of troops was relitively the same size and of the same power, allowing for even matchups(when my game wasn't lagging like hell).

Creativity: 2
I would've given you a high score here, being that a scenario engulfing all of the European Theatre is a pretty good idea(I am working on something similar), you didn't put any effort into making this creative idea something good or something that people will want to play. You basicly made a piss poor map and plopped a bunch of units down, expecting the player to hack at it with even no real creative additions.

Map Design: 1
Borderline horrible. I assume this was at least supposed to look like Europe. You got the general locations of the countries right... but I wouldn't have know it was a Europe map, much less of the European Theatre if I was glancing at it. There was little in the way of interesting terrian features or eyecandy. To my surprise, there were at least changes in the terrian from the normal grass, but all in the wrong way. There were also a lot of extremely unneeded buildings and other things that should only really be in cinimatics to begin with(i.e. Interior Walls, tables, chairs etc). The mass disarray of units on all sides makes for very poor map design as well(as tied in with other rating catagories).

Story/Instructions: 1
This was Europe in WW2, right? I wouldn't have known if the objectives didn't say Invade Poland, invade France, war with England, war with Russia, and thats sketchy at best. There were no scenario instructions, no cinematics, no text, just 4 very bland objectives.

As for Spelling and Grammar, it was terrible at best. A 4 year old could've written the objective messages better and with greater context. The common use of "teh" and "URRS" (instead of USSR) suggests that the instructions were written in an AOL chatroom. I honestly do not wish to translate my instructions from an internet language in order to understand the proceedings of the game.

Additional Comments:

I see no future for this scenario, as it is major crap, at best. This author has a lot of work to do before the scenario has any shot at being remotely playable and fun at the same time.
Midgard Eagle Good review, The Crazy Person... but maybe a bit *too* harsh (obscenity-wise);)?

[Edited on 01/18/04 @ 12:11 PM]

The Crazy Person I know I was a bit harsh, but no one was ever successful by being the nice guy. ;) Besides, I don't want to be rude, but sometimes it is nessecary to get the point across.

PS: Mods, if I was being too harsh or flaming and there's a problem, I'll edit it.

[Edited on 01/18/04 @ 04:04 PM]

Are you Monkey This scenario is great but the tile size is ruining my game and it hardly moves!
Anyone have any tips?
Are you Monkey Playability: 4.5
This is agreat scenario , I just turned up Overclocking on by Radeon and it ran like I was using a Area 51(I might as well have been)
Balance: 3.9
The Balance in this is good the Hordes are around the same size.

Creativity: 4.9

Map Design: 2
Well for one the Countries are all over the gaff and It is quite a bland design

Story/Instructions: 2
i agree with Crazy Person on this he just put bland instructions
Additional Comments:
This scenario have brill potential if he just lowered the tile size My Scenario won't be out for ages.

[Edited on 01/30/04 @ 10:01 AM]

Midgard Eagle It'll be nice if someone else than myself, the Crazy Person, and Intrepid read the review guidelines before reviewing.

Since you obviously do not know about it, here's the link: http://empires.heavengames.com/downloads/review_guidelines.php

Also see the thread in the Scenario Design forum that says that all "reviews" like the only above will be DELETED. The Download Centre appreciates your cooperation.

Middie
PS: Should you have any difficulty understanding this comment or the Review Guidelines, please refer to this link: http://www.starfall.com/

[Edited on 01/21/04 @ 05:16 PM]

Park
(id: Angel Park)
A couple of smurf high reviews were deleted in this scenario.

And if this scenario continues to get smurf bad reviews, I'll just keep deleting them until I just delete the entire scenario.

[Edited on 01/22/04 @ 12:17 AM]

reginas Playability: 4
(Insert Playability analysis here)wouuu!!! I really had fun playing this one.I really was feeling like being in the middle of the second world war.The battles are intensive and huge.And the strategie very adjusted to the real history.

Balance: 4
(Insert Balance analysis here)Very good, dificult enough and longtime game ,I am still bombing England.Each conquest is a very hard job but also not extremely dificult just like in the real history of the second war

Creativity: 5
(Insert Creativity analysis here)You got the maximo maid.I love the second war and you just gave me all in one with full dosis of realism

Map Design: 4
(Insert Map Design analysis here)It is realy huge map,i dont understand the comments of the other guys from the forum.I love this map with all his towns,farms ,roads,street lights,it is very well detailed recreating very goog the atmosphere and when day and night changes ..Maybe paris and london need some touch.

Story/Instructions: 4
(Insert Story/Instructions analysis here)Here I also disagree totally with the other guys.Maybe they did not realize that when they pass the arrow of the mouse over the objectives they get full instructions on the leftdown side of the screen.I folow them step by step .Is just like the second war.In scale of course

Additional Comments:
well I just downloaded 3 scenarios today from the second war,and this superate to all with big diference.I want to animate to all the authors to make more like this or even better .They would make me very happy.
I also want to comment about one of the guys of the forum who talked very bad about this scenario.He should not make bad personal comments of any author .Because of his comments I played this one the last of the 3 .My computer is new and this scenario and all of course works perfectly.It seemed to me more than he make a bad comment more under the influence of a very bad mood because his PC could not run it properly,that being objective about it.

[Edited on 01/29/04 @ 06:15 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance4.0