New Files

Single Player Scenarios » The Seven Objects

Download File

The Seven Objects

Author File Description
EEGamer4ever
File Details
Version: Empires: Retail Release
The journey of the Seven Objects begins. Play as the group that must travel to Duzendpeak safely.

*I've changed the name "Horcs" in "Mordi"

I'll hope you enjoy it!

EEGamer4ever
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Solo Fighter Playability: 3
Good, but maybe a little bit more battling next time and stronger units

Balance: 3
It was a pretty balanced game.

Creativity: 3
You put a little effort into making your idea.

Map Design: 3
OK, but not too much eye candy (i.e. decorated intriors, pretty gardens)

Story/Instructions: 3
No instructions, strange story.

[Edited on 01/23/04 @ 07:26 PM]

The Crazy Person
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
This was rather enjoyable. Even though the scenario was very combat oriented, the puzzle of the maze was pretty interesting. Perhaps I may recommend a little more combat with things like enemies such as robbers and criminals on the roads.

Balance: 4
Considering there wasn't much combat, its hard to rate this area. I'll give you the 4 as when I engaged in combat, it was pretty even and I did loose one of my 4 guys. Now if you follow my suggestion above by adding more enemies, you might want to consider giving the player's units a health boast or a "Return to full health" tech

Creativity: 4
Quite creative. Seems kind of like a Lord of the Rings spinoff, but in a workable fashion to the scenario. Mazes and puzzles are more the focus of this scenario than kill as many people as possible. Good work.

Map Design: 2
This is your downfall. To put it simply, it sucked. It was overly bland and boring. I suggest more hills and terrian accents like bushes and lone trees in those open areas you had. However, I will say that the town at the begining was well done.

Story/Instructions: 4
Pretty good here as well. The story was easy enough to understand through some good cinematic work and the instructions were enough for the player to understand what to do, but discluded enough to make you think and want to solve the puzzles. Great job.

Additional Comments:
A pretty fun scenario with some good trigger work and story. Like I said, its not very combat oriented in this scenario, but I can't vouch for the whole campaign. The only real improvement that's needed is the map design.

I request the last 2 reviews be removed for obvious reasons.

[Edited on 01/18/04 @ 04:05 PM]

EEGamer4ever
File Author
Ok, tnx for all tips. I'm almost finished with part II. And I can ensure you one thing, no, two things. The map design will greatly improve (part I was a sort of "demo" for the campaign, an epilogue, and in Part III (the final) there will be A LOT of enemy's!! *evil grin*
The Crazy Person Sounds good, I'll be sure to check it out. Keep up the good work.
peterj1991 Dude i am going to be honest... THIS THING STINKS!!!!!!! there is nothing original about this it is COMPLETELY a spoof on lord of the rings and further more the maps SMELLS!!! to high heaven! empires heaven that is! i personally give it a 0 out of 5! :p :P >:(
well since it is sorta a "demo" I guess later ones will be better but sheesh come up with something that isnt based on a movie!

[Edited on 02/28/04 @ 02:42 PM]

Zebas
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions4.0
peterj1991: This isn't a bad scenario. Basing it on a film is fine. Whats wrong with a spoof on a film? It makes great TV, so why not maps?
The map design isn't terrible, it's just below average.
And you shouldn't insult the author.

Playability: 3
Some good puzzles here. Liked the choice of road. One being easier than the other. Only fault was the lack of enemies. I know this has been mentioned before. More enemies and this would have been a 4. Remember on Lord of the Rings, lots of enemies tried to kill the fellowship. It makes good films, it makes good scenarios.

Balance: 3+ (4)
Not quite a 4, but too high for a 3. No-one died when I played, but the Knight came close. Puzzles could have done to be a bit more complex, but otherwise fine.

Creativity: 4
Puzzles were good. OK spoof on Lord of the Rings, names were a bit stupid, but hey!

Map Design: 2
Yup...You guessed it. Need more here.
So, it wasn't bad, and you could probably get away with it if the whole map was that forest maze or the mountain trail, but the lack of sand on the bottom of the river just stands out too much (Grass+River=Ugly). Town wasn't bad though. Few trees, hills etc. The ususal.

Story/Instructions: 4
A couple more objectives perhaps. The story was good, but I think the sucsess of this campaign will depend more on how you carry it on than what you've allready done. I'm guessing that the bulk of the story will be told later.

Additional Comments:
As far as LOTR goes. LOTR is way ahead, but then again they have about 1000 more people and $50 million to make films. Not bad, work on the map design. More varied objectives perhaps:
Overall, a good start to what could be an interesting and enjoyable campaign.

[Edited on 05/21/04 @ 02:26 PM]

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.5
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0