Borodino 1812 v1.2

Author File Description
Kor
(id: Derfel Cadarn)
File Details
# of Players: 4
Version: Empires: Retail Release
The year is 1812, the location Russia.

Napoleon's Grande Armee is moving at fast speeds through the country, the goal: Moscow.
Kutuzov, the commander of the Russian forces, means to thwart the French army. He entrenches his outnumbered army (120 000 Russians vs 130 000 French) on the hills above the small village of Borodino.
The Russians, entrenched in safe Redoubts, will fight fiercely to retain their positions. Historically, 40 000 Russians and 30 000 French would perish in the battle.

It is up to you and your ally to either destroy the Russian defences within the 45 time limit, or defend them as the Russians, at all cost!

- 2 vs 2
- Fight with either the Russian or the French army
- Open map allows for lots of strategies
- Heroes give a considerable attack bonus to nearby troops
- Fight for 45 minutes over control of the heavily fortified Redoubts
- Upwards of 4000 casualties in a single game
- According to all testers: great fun!

I owe a lot to the following playtesters, many of which gave other advice, as well. My thanks goes to:

Mechstra, Talon Karrde, Phillistine, xLpx, Adder, MoB_Freako, Unit35.

Update: New version has some minor bug fixes.

Leader of Woad Creations
www.woadcreations.nl
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Kor
(id: Derfel Cadarn)
File Author
Hm, none of the nearly 90 d/lers have any comments?
MoB FrEakO Good Scenerio lol, Ill reveiw it in a sec
MoB FrEakO
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
When playing this game with friends it has almost zero lag and can be quiete fun. Was easy to play and was amazingly fun. The best part of the map is try to win back the Fort after losing it.

Balance: 4
The balance was good but not the best. There were certain problems such as when renforcements came it still was a little to big to capture them all. Also the French with more attack and self heal is a real bugger. It was good though because you still have the same oppurtunity of winning. Just need the right strategy.

Creativity: 5
This is one of the first scenerios I have seen about this genere. Was a nice idea and deserves a 5 for the way you depicted it on this scenerio.

Map Design: 4 1/2
Was very nice map design and was appealing to the eye. It lacked just a little tho to give it a 5.0, The mixing of terrain was excellent and the elevation was too. It didn't have enough eye candy for my demanding eyes :). Good Enough for me.

Story/Instructions: 5
Was a nice story but I never really got into it. I really didn't need a story but you made one queite well. It was all that was needed in this area. This instructions told exactly what to do so there was no trouble for me.

Additional Comments:

I liked the idea of capturing/recapturing the forts. It was very fun to play with friends and I also had a fun time testing the scenerio. Taking back the Fort is very hard for the Russians so might as well help your ally ;).

I look forward to more of your scenerios.

Fellow Designer Mob Freako

[Edited on 02/24/04 @ 10:56 PM]

jmsiona Playability: 5
its a fun game, and quick to dl to ppl ont the game
Balance: 2
france has total domination, ive played it 10 times and not once has france lost

Creativity: 5
it was creative! lol

Map Design: 4
little bland, and you can cross the river at like all points, so whats the point of the river?!?
Story/Instructions: 5
i dunno, good plot i guess

Additional Comments: would u mind if i could change a few things? such as 1 shot kills?
perhaps? lol i dunno please respond soon, i figure you havent checked this scen ina while since no one has talked about it for like a year and ahalf..... but it not a bad scen

Changed to a comment
-Intrepid

[Edited on 01/14/06 @ 03:37 PM]

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0