Author File Description
ScnPunkTeam
File Details
# of Players: 6
Version: Empires: Retail Release
The 100 Years War by:
Ex-t, Mob_Freako, and _o0XxX0o_

Objectives:
A map of England and France, there are around 10 cities per side around the map. Your goal is to capture the enemy cities, and you must control 8 of the enemies cities and your own to win. London and Paris are worth 2 cities.

*Update*

I took out the uber ships that caused many problems and added fishys.

*WARNING!* This scenario is NOT historically accurate.

Some History:

Extensive conflict between England and France. Its basic cause was a dynastic quarrel between the kings of England, who held the duchy of Guienne, in France, and resented paying homage to the kings of France. There were several immediate causes: a quarrel between Edward III of England and Philip IV of France over a part of Guienne held by France; English attempts to control the commercially important Flanders, a French possession; fishing disputes in the English Channel; and Philip's support of Scotland in its dispute with England. The war began in 1337, when Edward, assuming the title King of France, invaded France. The English won a sea battle at Sluis (1340) and land battles at Crécy (1346), Calais (1347), and Poitiers (1360), where King John II of France was captured. The Treaty of Brétigny in 1360 awarded England Calais, Aquitaine, and a large ransom for the captured king. In return, England gave up its claim to the French crown. The war resumed in 1369, when nobles in Aquitaine rebelled over the oppressive tax policies of Edward the Black Prince. By 1373 Du Guesclin had won back most of the English claims. The conflict then languished until 1415, when Henry V of England defeated France's best knights at Agincourt. He then allied himself with Burgundy and went on to subdue Normandy. In the Treaty of Troyes (1420), Charles VI of France was forced to recognize Henry as regent and heir to the throne of France, disinheriting his own son, the dauphin. By 1429 the English and their Burgundian allies controlled practically all of France north of the Loire and had Orléans under siege. French fortunes were reversed that year, however. Joan of Arc lifted the siege of Orléans and saw the dauphin crowned as Charles VII at Rheims. Her capture and execution did not end the string of French victories. In 1435 Charles obtained an alliance with Burgundy, and by 1450 France had reconquered Normandy. By 1451 all of Guienne except Bordeaux was in French hands. Bordeaux fell in 1453, leaving the English only Calais, which they retained until 1558. Domestic difficulties, specifically the Wars of The Roses, kept England from making any further attempts to conquer France...

The Scn Punk Team, for further questions post on the scnpunk forum at www.scnnetwork.com
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
WarLord_ZeZar Wow, cool :) *downloading*.

Ill give you guys a review after ive played it :)
WarLord_ZeZar
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
Great guys :) Nothing wrong here!

Balance: 5
Cant seem to find any huge balance issues!

Creativity: 4
Its creative. Not the best, but totally ok!

Map Design: 3
Well, here i had some hard time. I really thought it was hard figure out stuff, maybe just me, but anyway ..

Story/Instructions: 5
Great! Simply great :)

Additional Comments:
I was really looking forward to playing, you know, scnPunk IS the best scn studio.

When is next scn coming out?
Can you please make a LotR scn?

lol, anyway, good luck. Love from ZeZar :)
ScnPunkTeam
File Author
how could you not figure out a map wouldnt that be directions?
Midgard Eagle Good question.
Oh, and Zezar, why can't you ever read the review guidelines?!

A review is supposed to be A PAGE long. At least. If you don't want to write a that long piece, then don't rate scenarios when you review them!
AirRaid who cares :P i think if you cant find the way the instructions are bad not the map :)

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0