New Files

Single Player Scenarios » DDAY_By_mario2004

Download File

DDAY_By_mario2004

Author File Description
mario2004
File Details
Version: Empires: Retail Release
At least a must dl DDAY map, im glad to bring you the coolest map ever, forget all strategy games... this is gonna leave you breathless

you got my word

please leave your comments and suggestion for other maps.

my machine is nothing out of this world, so this must work for u

atxp 2200 512 ddr ram 40 hd geforce 4mx

sorry about my english cause im forgein
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
peterj1991
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions2.0
Playability: 4
It was very fun to play but having all those reinforcemenst kinda ruined the whole assault sorta feeling.

Balance: 3
The balance was very nice I liked all those defenses and things I also liked that you had large battle ships but make it a unit attribute because you made it so that they were really weak not strong.

Creativity: 3
It was fairly creative there is already a D-Day in the patton campaign.

Map Design: 4
The map almost got a five out of five if you had just forest off the edges then it would have been awsome!

Story/Instructions: 2
Well I really didnt konw what to do exept wait untill the beach was down from all those british operatives, because you didnt put in an objective so I just sat and watched

Additional Comments:
This is one heck of a scenario I like it very much considering this your first submited file here, It was beautifully done I LOVED THOSE SOUNDS YOU PUT IN! I like it very much overall this is something to download guys! Oh by the way I dont why but I couldnt win I dont know if that was because there was 1 remaining aa tower but you did very well.
Confused Soldier You might want to put more sentences in each category, peter...
mario2004
File Author
ty for rated my map.
i think pattons dday sux, thats why i made this map .

and all the reinforcements.... allied increased the germs. 5-1 so its fine. beside, the goal its not just take the beach but berlin

the brits reinforcements quit arriving when the beach its taked. i puted them cause the give spectacularity to the escenario, like the movies and all that stuff.

bye
Talon Karrde
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions2.0
Playability: 3
This scenario was fun enough. It was amusing to watch the USian soldiers being slaughtered on Omaha, and bombing Paris to hell. However, some things detracted, such as the empty spaces of nothing and the infinite resources of the enemy.

Balance: 3
The balance was probably the best part of the scenario. Omaha Beach was stained red with the blood of many USians but once Omaha Beach was taken, the going became much easier. The only real problem was that the enemy kept spawning. Between one offensive and the next one two minutes later, they recreated their entire army. The long distances did not help either. Even when I leveled Berlin, they still spawned. I think this scn is impossible to win.

Creativity: 2
There wasn't much real creativity. DDay has been overdone to the point of death, but this is the first scn I've seen that goes all the way from Normandy to Berlin (which the Western armies never actually reached :P). However, this didn't portray the invasion of Germany as well as it could have. Where was the Battle of the Bulge, Operation Market Garden, the Siegried Line?

Map Design: 2
The map design, though better than the map designs of many first-time scenarios, needs improvement. Large fields of dirt or undergrowth, and large fields of nothingness, is not interesting or nice to look at. There should be more terrain mixing. Is that the Seine River or the Rhine?

Story/Instructions: 2
Mario did a fairly decent job with the story, with the little intro speech. However, he could have used made the text the same as the speech for those of us who don't bother listening and because the default game music drowned out much of it. The credits during that time weren't necessary, everyone knows you did it. However, there were absolutely no instructions whatsoever. Not to mention everything was in caps.

Additional Comments:
- A fine job for a first-time designer. However, anything can be improved and this is no exception. Just take note of what needs improvement and work on those.
Alex40045 the US army never took berlin the USSR or russia did
Talon Karrde exactly my point
AgeofEvan3001 true, but we got there after the war :P
AgeofEvan3001 Oh... Also i think the SCN punk team (web) made one too... that one was ,correction, IS a classic.
AgeofEvan3001 I played The Scnerio and i found it all-over confuseing like the begining credits. WE know u made it alone dude. Most of us make ours alone except the original makers making new maps.

There was Soo many sas comandos and floating tanks that i got all the way to Paris with them.
I relly liked the music that i listened to individualy in file form, but the drone of the regular game drowns it out. there were 3 sounds going on at once.
What relly bothered and got me was the oppeneness of the sides. THERES NO TRESS. the germans hide there while u attack the Gates.

Question! Do you know where the Caps lock and shift key is. Ether ur useing them too much or too little
(added later)
Some plz update

[Edited on 03/29/04 @ 11:11 PM]

Field Marshal BM This was an Awesome scenario, I loved the sound files. there were a few things i think could have been done better though, such as, The terrain i liked it alot but u dint put enough trees or anything like that. The bunkers, now i realy liked your beach but the bunkers i think looked little odd. I have experamented around alot and found that two "Patton" bunkers in front of a fortress and enlgarging the fortress by about 50% looks realy good. The city i liked alot but it needed to be bigger, and try putting a stand ground triggure on the artillary and mg42's couse it looks realy sloppy when they run amuck like that. but b sides that it was realy good! keep up the good work :-D P.s im working on an entirely cinamatic scenario of D-Day look for it soon ;-)
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.5
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0