Single Player Scenarios » D-Day Green- Dog Sector

Download File

D-Day Green- Dog Sector

Author File Description
Alex40045
File Details
Version: Empires: Retail Release
The name pretty much describes itself
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Park
(id: Angel Park)
Having a deep interest in history, I immediately tried this one out. I'll leave any of my possible reviews for the future, but a quick few points I would like to make:

- Severly lacking in balance, you start out with about 15 transports filled with GIs to take out just a few beach targets.
- No real map design taken apart from a few different terrain, map is also pretty small
- Obviously no story or victory conditions except that it is D-Day
- Too short and easy, I got the direct impression this didn't take too long to create nor too much thought inputted

I can safetly assume this designer must be quite "green". I suggest adding more depth to the map design (cliffs with only a few hard entrances would of been nice instead of a line of barbed wire) and add some type of story into your future projects. Play some of the other scenarios here and what reviewers have said about them. A nice start, but still a long ways you can go, therefore I'm extremely hesistant to give a real review w/scores since it would probably be in the 1-2 range right now.

[Edited on 04/19/04 @ 03:17 PM]

Dopple hi dont delete me
Alex40045
File Author
That was a good enough review thank you for taking the time to write it
Field Marshal BM Ummmmmm, it was not that good, at all. i mean there werent even any objectives!...i only assumed that i was suppose to land on the beach because of all the d-day's on this site lol and being extermely intrested in Ww2 i knew where this took place and what happend. So basecly, i dident like it. Im not trying to be mean or anything im just trying to help, and if you want some help with how the terrain looked like then watch my "D-Day Cinamatic Completely Redone" scenario ;) (and well your at it you can give it a reveiw HAHAHAHAHAHA) (seeing as nobody on this site reveiws things lol) lol........oh and by the way....im pretty sure its "Dog-green Sector" ;)
Alex40045
File Author
Thanks for the "review". I know what the terrain looked like, Tank obstacles landing ship obstacles craters dead soldiers fish maybe and barbed wire. in D-day scenarios i noticed people made hills. there were no hills. And also the hills were made right after the barbed wire on the other side of the wire was just sand and then a pill box and after that like beside it was a man-made steep hill with machinegun nests and behind them was the german base.
Field Marshal BM Did you watch "saving private ryan"? or did you look it up somewhere?
Blascapone This scenary ahvent work. You were bored and decided to do a simple scenary.
Blascapone Playability: 0
Balance: 0
Creativity: 0
Map Design: 0
Story/Instructions: 0
Additional Comments:
Dont download the scenario, you will loose time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 05/09/05 @ 10:15 PM]

jakethewolf2 dude you suck at putting in revews 0 0 0 0 0 i'd take it out of the scn and put it on ALL of your reviews! i liked it you suck! please dont put in reviews just download....

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:420
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:113.87 KB
Added:04/18/04