New Files

Design Hints, Tips, and Tutorials » In-Game Counter Example

Download File

In-Game Counter Example

Author File Description
Hank
File Details
Version: Empires
This is an example on how to use a dynamic in-game counter for your scenario, similar to that found in the D-Day scenario for the Patton Campaign.

In this example, 8 citizens are on the map. An in-game counter reads "The enemy has 8 citizens left".

Whenever one of these citizens dies the counter will drop by 1 until it reaches zero. You can use this to count up as well, such as to show how many farms are on the map at any given time.

E-mail: Timskorn@aol.com
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
YaRiTe
Rating
Thanks Hank for the GREAT idea for a tutorial. I have already used it in my scenario "The Forgotten War of 1812". Simple, but a very easy tool to show how to use the counter to countdown. I don't think you could have made it a moment to soon. Only days before you put this tutorial out, I was pulling out my hair(figure of speech) trying some how and some way to use the countdown in my scenario. Thank again for letting me keep a full head of hair :p.

[Edited on 05/17/04 @ 08:05 PM]

_o0XxX0o_ 5.0!?

It's good I admit.

But it has got a small blank map, no elevation, single type terrain, 1 trigger, 2 effects, 9 objects on map.

The documentation deserves a 4 or 5 only.

If Hank wanted a 5, he should have given at least a dozen examples of the "dynamic code".

This should get a 3 or 4 at the very highest.
EEGamer4ever
Rating
Rating: 4.5
OK, this one is good, but I agree with _o0XxX0o_ ; it had deserved a 5 if you explained something more about the whole situation.
LittleNick6 when you download it after it is done do you have to unzip the file. and if so how do i get to play it on Empires
gamergc If this is the simplfied, i dont want to see the complex one. Ahhh! so confusing.
ViP3R I kinda knew how to do this anyway, but this helped me a lot. Great!

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:405
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:44.85 KB
Added:05/14/04