Download File

Blitzkrieg 1939/40

Author File Description
EEGamer4ever
File Details
Style: Fixed Force
# of Scenarios: 1
Version: Empires: Retail Release
It was September the first, 1939. German armoured forces, Stosstruppen and the Luftwaffe were prepared.
Months of training were excellent, the weapons were modern.
The Führer gave the order to start "Fall Weiss", the attack on Poland.
The Messerschmitts Bf-109 cleared the path for the Heinkel and Junker Bombers to destroy everything.
Airports, communications centres and houses burned down.
There was horrible confusion among the enemy troops.
Then, the German "Panzers" rolled into the country and they eliminated all resistance.
After a few days, the enemy surrendered. This was the perfect strategy.

On May the fifth, 1940, the Germans attacked The Netherlands and Belgium.
With incredible speed and flexibility.
Again, the bombers destroyed a lot of enemy troops.

Though the Dutch fought desperately at some strategic points, most of them couldn't fight the Germans.
They're army was better and faster.
When The Netherlands refused to surrender, the Luftwaffe flew missions to Rotterdam.
The city burned down, over 30,000 citizens died in the flames.

During the "Five-Days-War", around 2200 Dutch soldiers and many Dutch citizens died and The Netherlands had to surrender.
Again, this was the perfect strategy.

...this was Blitzkrieg.

Features:

- Bombing Raids
- Special Events
- Real names of armies, divisions and generals
- Take down your enemies with strong, quick moves
- Many hours of work
- And more…

I've made this scenario/campaign to give players another view on WWII. Because, almost everything about WWII you see on Empires Heaven, is D-Day, Stalingrad (not trying to annoy you, Mechy ), or other stuff, and in all of them, you play on Allied side.

I wanted to change this. I've made up a nice map, a storyline (which is historical accurate), units, and some triggers (about 120).

Thanks to Derfel Cadarn, Mechstra, Talon Karrde and Adder for playtesting this and pointing out bugs.

- EEGamer4ever

============================
V 1.2; Counter bug fixed
V 1.3; Sandbags fixed
V 2.1; Dunkirk and city capturing improved
Pages: « First « 1 [2]
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
EEGamer4ever
File Author
Thanks for your review, Chaos.
With help of Mechstra, I've improved Dunkirk and the end cinematic, I'll update soon. :P
ChaosMarine i only have one other comment:
The dutch and belgium army was waaaaaaaaaay to big and to strong.
Gen_Kjp_303 When The Netherlands refused to surrender, the Luftwaffe flew missions to Rotterdam.
The city burned down, 814 citizens died in the flames.

On the fourth day of the invasion the Nazi's gave the Dutch general and ultimatum. "All Dutch resistance must cease or Rotterdam will be bombed flat."

The Dutch general had little choice, to save the lives of innocent civilians he accepted the terms. But after the unconditional surrender the Nazi's bombed the city any way.

Flights of unapposed german bombers flew low over the center of Rotterdam and methodically bombed it into a heap of rubble. Over 30,000 men, women, and children were killed in the space of 90 minutes.

-Just wanted to make it historical accurate, wont stop me from downloading it though.
EEGamer4ever
File Author
Thank you for making it accurate :p
gamergc i controled all the dutch and beligum towns but didnt win....oh well.

about the terrain i noticed grass underwater. so some of the terrian could use a touch up. and for a blitzkreig scn it seem to move a little slow. i liked the blitzkreig scn from EE better actually. im not sure wat made it seem slow, maybe because my units stopped every 10 seconds for supplies or kept running into each other.
Eduardini Same problem here...for some reason I smash all the armies down but I can't capture some cities
EEGamer4ever
File Author
OK, I see the problem. You must keep your troops 30 secs in the city. I've decreased this to 10, and I've redone the water terrain. Thanks for your feedback!
Field Marshal BM This was a nice campaign, but unfortunatly i found it rather boring :p And the map design was a bit bland. but besides that and a couple more things it was nice.
ViP3R Good Campaign/Scn like the addition where the army rested (even though it was only for like 1/10 of a second). Nice work!
Blascapone Playability: 5
It is a scenario that can be played a lot of times. It results funny and the good design of the map, the good triggers and that you have use your head to not loose do it special.

Balance: 5
In level easy the balance is very good, you dont win in 5 minutes but is not impossible win. In level medium is more hard but if you play in level medium you know the disagvantage.

Creativity: 5
At the time it was posted in the web it was one of the more thounght campaigns. For example, some effects, like the air bombings still nobody had did it (I think)

Map Design: 5
The map is very pleasant, the hills, forests, enemy defences...
Also the cities are where must be, good city-historical accurate

Story/Instructions: 5
The story/history was very good. It has a good historical accurate.
The instructions are also clear, you always know what you have to do.

Additional Comments:
it is the best scenary about Blitzkrieg never maked. It is like the real blitzkrieg, it have a good and hard work and is very funny. I give him 5 stars. Simply: nearly perfect. The game only have 1 problem, when you win, the victory is not notified you, you are shooting to the dunkerke´s tommys but them never dies.

[Edited on 08/06/05 @ 04:11 AM]

Pages: « First « 1 [2]

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0