Author File Description
Field Marshal BM
File Details
Style: Fixed Force
# of Scenarios: 1
Version: Empires: Retail Release
NA
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Talon Karrde
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
Very fun scenario. You get to send masses of men against the German trenches, then shoot the Germans until you die and by then you have another wave incoming. I took a mark off because of lag. Because of the sheer amount of objects (GAIA and player) on the map, and the sheer amount of fighting going on, the game slows down, especially when a new wave is spawning.

Balance: 5
Balance is more or less perfect. You are the Americans, which may not seem like much now, but it means a lot in the scenario. The doughboy's charge ability was invaluable not only in rushing past shells before they landed but massed charged doughboys can do quite a bit of damage to the German defense.

Creativity: 5
This is one of the very few World War 1 scenarios made for Empires, which gives it points right there. Not only does BM manage to make it as fun as Crossing the Volga (which this is more or less based off of), but he adds more to the idea, not only with the trappings of WW1 but also a German counterattack.

Map Design: 5
Simply beautiful. No man's land is stunning, the trenches are very well done and I noticed that little tomb up by the German trenches too. In no man's land, your troops will rush around barbed wire, through waist high grass and skip past exploding shells on your command. It all falls together to give it a real WW1 feel to it.

Story/Instructions: 5
With a back story that gives some insight on why this battle is being fought, and with the Tank Support description more or less actually correct, the experience is more full, for lack of a better word, more rewarding. Also, now you do indeed get both tanks, which proved very useful.

Additional Comments:
- On the lag, perhaps slightly staggering the spawning times will help.
- For the last cinematic, 'bout the prisoners, more can be done with that.
- Check your triggers, the counterattack dialogue (the "OMG!! They're counterattacking!!!" and "whee! we got 4 battalion!" both got played twice even though I didn't get any reinforcements the second time)
- I assume the American general is the General Patton who isn't renamed
'Captain'? Maybe renaming HIM would help too, and also maybe only give the player the objective to keep him alive once you actaully have him, y'know?

Otherwise, damn good!

[Edited on 08/20/04 @ 02:00 AM]

gamergc wat about the upper left arty? you can go and destroy those and i believe you said you were supposed to..i shall check out the update
Field Marshal BM
File Author
No, you are NOT supose to, i forgot to fix that. I'll work on that prob along with some others i found. Just for now go attack the trench :p
Field Marshal BM
File Author
Foget my last comment, you cant destroy them now. i just updated.

*FIXED*

*Name problem
*lag
*Artillary being found
*Better ending cinamatic
ali_hurricane I found this campaign boring because all you have to do is just keep attacking there front over and over again, therefor i find it more exciting when you are on a adventure or a battle, not just over and over battleing. sorry but im just expressing my opinion i just hope you take a little biy of it if you make another scenario.
Field Marshal BM
File Author
I respect your opinion but obveously everyone doesent think that way ;-) And you could at least comment on the terrain etc

[Edited on 08/22/04 @ 05:11 PM]

halom318
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
Really fun it was hard but thats what makes it fun.

Balance: 3
The french Suck (the never attack) and the germans are a hell of alot better then both of us (U.S. and france) but besides that its good.

Creativity: 5
Very Very Creative it was really cool.

Map Design: 5
It was very good im like in love with it and wish i could do something like that.

Story/Instructions: 4
Confusing at first but i understanded it after i lost 100 people lol.

Additional Comments:
All of your maps are SWEET if you have any map making tips plz tell me.
Field Marshal BM
File Author
Thank you for your reveiw :-). Oh and about map making, just expiriment, and mix alot with the terrain, take it little by little, look here and there and go "hmm a rock looks nice there". :) oh and.

It was suppose to be like that ;-) But oh well, thanks for your input. :-)

Oh and by the way, your not Matt are you? :-p

[Edited on 08/25/04 @ 10:06 PM]

halom318 no if you must now my name is mick and thz for the help i usally look at other peoples scenarios/triggers (yours) to help sometimes and now ill do that to thz.
Field Marshal BM
File Author
Oh ok, Sorry about the name thing, its just you talked kinda the same way as one of my friends lol. Nevermind :-p. And when you say things like....

Do you mean you have looked at my other scenarios for things also?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.3
Balance3.8
Creativity4.5