Download File

1837 - 1947 - Chapter 1 - Revolution and Aggression

Author File Description
Intrepid
File Details
Style: Mix
# of Scenarios: 3
Version: Empires: Retail Release
On December 4th 1837, William Lyon Mackenzie led a group of rebellious Upper Canadians in an attack upon Queens Park, the head of government in Upper Canada. Despite being both outnumbered and out gunned the rebels were able to prevail. Why did this happen, what factors caused loyal British subjects to take arms against the government they had sworn allegiance to? More importantly how was it that a small contingent of farmers were able to defeat the forces charged with guarding the city of Toronto?
Pages: « First « 1 2 [3]
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
panderan Playability: 5
(Insert Playability analysis here)

Balance: 5
(Insert Balance analysis here)

Creativity: 5
(Insert Creativity analysis here)

Map Design: 5
(Insert Map Design analysis here)

Story/Instructions: 4
(Insert Story/Instructions analysis here)

Additional Comments: Forgot to put this review, overall:5

[Edited on 12/09/05 @ 01:27 AM]

Intrepid
File Author
In the future please try to post reviews with content. Reviews without content are not helpful to designers or the general public and will be removed for these reasons.

Thanks for the compliments, they are appreciated.

The second scenario is actually fairly easy, what confuses most players is how different the scenario is from a standard scenario. I am not sure if you have recognized this or not but you can move the target reticules, they are not stationary. The cannons on the acropolis will target the reticules, however, the speed in which a cannon retargets after a reticule is moved is related to the number of operators working on the cannon. The best strategy is to move all 4 reticules to positions where the enemy forces tend to bunch up and activate the cannons only when enemy troops are near the reticule. It best to keep the reticules in their respective areas though. Moving a reticule so it defends from another direction, ie/ moving the south reticule to the east may help in defeating forces from the east, but it will leave the southern flank exposed.

If you continue to have problems you can always type “win” in the chat window and skip to the next scenario.
panderan I finally beet this campaign, one of the best I have ever played!
Intrepid
File Author
Thanks, I appreciate the support.
Pages: « First « 1 2 [3]

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown