Author File Description
Blascapone
File Details
Style: Mix
# of Scenarios: 1
Version: Empires: Retail Release
THE BATTLE FOR THE HELL

WAR IN VIETNAM

Autumn 1968, a column of US combatants under orders of Commander Peck were advancing to a small village in North Vietnam when was attacked by Vietnamese militia. Commander peck was an important headquarters’ member that knew much information about U.S Army. He couldn’t fall in enemy hands. U.S had to do all possible to avoid he was captured.
It’s not the typical American victory, it’s a race against time, it´s a battle for survival.

*FEATURES*
- A “complex” storyline.
- A high detailed map of the jungle.
- A selection of units that looks better to represent Vietnamese militia.
- Lots of triggers.
- “Battlefield 1942” main theme.
- You can play with a slow computer.

I hope you enjoy it.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
polis_adrain1 -Playability: 4
It's good fun and I play this campaign many times

-Balance: 3
It is a little easy because Vietnam's soldiers have little life and a little attack but they are many in number.
-Creativity: 4
It is very creative , the combination of Vietnam's soldiers is good , and the common peoples of the country
-Map Design: 5
The map is very good because there are plenty of forests and the ranks are hidden there.

-Story/Instructions: 5
objectives are very well explained and he is a real fact

-Additional Comments:
The USA 's soldiers have a lot of attack.

[Edited on 08/12/05 @ 09:16 PM]

Blascapone
File Author
Thanks for your review Polis.
The USA soldiers have more attack to represent they have a better training that the militia (they are professional soldiers that received a hard training)
It´s all.

[Edited on 08/05/05 @ 11:18 AM]

jmsiona blascapone, would you like to do a scen some time? i have some good ideas, im not great with triggers but i know my way around the block.. if you want to just reply to any of my games, or this one, if you see me in empires as [BIGGUNS]jmsiona_LDR just tell me that u were the one who made the battle of hell - war in vietnam. im currently making a Ww1 Trench Wars Scen.... i would enjoy it if you could test it and mabey fix any glitches u find.

cya around, thanks...

Oh another question, do u have BF 1942?? if so what version and do you have secret weapons of ww2, thats my favorite bf gamethere is!

[Edited on 08/16/05 @ 08:55 PM]

Mk101
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
Not a bad scenario.You know the first time I thought of downloading this I thought it's going to be a piece of junk, but the scenario author proves otherwise:-d.There were no trigger bugs.There was a slight lag so I deducted one point
Balance: 5
It was perfect.The enemy could've overpowered me easily had I not used a strategy.
Creativity: 4
Unit renaming, bomber attacks and dialogue were some of the creative elements of the scenario.he choice of units was also good.
There were various objectives to complete, which further enhanced the gameplay.Good job!

Map Design: 5
Was ok yet revolutionary for me to grasp.The new forest system map design was good.

Story/Instructions: 4
The story was ok, though there were certain grammatical errors.

Additional Comments:
I don't know if this is the best Vietnam scenario, but it might be one of them.
Blascapone
File Author
Thanks Mk 101, I am happy if it liked you. The grammatical mistakes are because I´m not a native english but I always try avoid the mistakes :-)

To jmsiona: I havent Battlefield 1942, but my uncle have the game and a time he lent me the game, I heard the soundtrack and I thought that was very good, time later I downloaded the soundtrack from Internet.

I love reviews, all people that want do a review of my scenarios (except Nations at War demo and Band of Brothers Trailer, my worse creations) is free.

[Edited on 08/17/05 @ 06:50 AM]

jmsiona but blascapone, you didnt answer all my questions, do you wanna do a scen some time?
Blascapone
File Author
I dindt understand that question. My english isn´t perfect. What are trying to say me:
that I didnt spend enough time making my campaign?
or if I could do a scenario, no a campaign?

I want say something you, there arent much people that plays multiplayer scenarios (in empires online actually there are few people) you could make a single player scenario or similar.
FireTriton Blas, he meant would you like to do a scenario/campaign with him some time together. Perhaps both of your talents would help to better create a map.
polis_adrain1 Playability: 4
Is good and fun,but is very EASY, I win always this campaign.I like the troopers and the places where the reinforcements come.
the balance is OK.Good position of the enemy troops .But my troops kill them easily.

Creativity: 5
the creativity is OK.I LIKE when the bombers attack a village.

VERY GOOD.Many forests and also I like the mountain in which there is an allied fortress and you have to resist.

Story/Instructions: 5
VERY GOOD HISTORY and the instrucctions very clear.

Additional Comments:
ERROR: At the end of the cinematic one it remains in cinematically and I had that to go out for my bill.

[Edited on 10/19/05 @ 08:02 PM]

toolboy
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance5.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 1
If by chance you happen to play this using Lt Sanders as a sole recon scout plus sniper and eliminate all resistance before reaching "The Hill". The Tanks that you will receive later, if you can servive the first wave of attack on "The Hill", will eventually get stuck or bogged down in the rice paddies. The tanks will no longer be under player control and you no longer have anything to control in this segment of the scenario. The completion of the campaign was not accomplished due to a premature end of scenario.

I thought it established a good decore of both sides; well done!

Creativity: 2
This would have been a (5) if the Pre-Scenario Cinematics didn't stop and hang.
The black screen and scrolling text was not accomplished very well. Almost every other word misspelled which degraded the story line and dialogues. Trigger condition to end segment was not achievable due to "Playability" discription above.

It's obvious that you spent due care to design a map like this (payed attention to detail to fit the story).

Story/Instructions: 3
This would probably be a (5) if not for the heavy grammer and spelling mistakes. I should be lenient but its hard to enjoy the story if players constantly have to decipher the language meanings within the dialogue texts.
My applogise for pointing out the Grammer and Spelling mistakes found in your download.

Additional Comments:
Nice touch with the Radioman in the openning Cenimatics.

What I thought needs improvement is:

1). No informative/entertaining story line that went beyond the pre-scenario opening cinematics but did have instructions.

2). Unable to complete the campaign if player plays as described above in (Playability).

3). Openning Cinematics took a dive when during the Radioman was ordered to inform F Company to support A Company on "The Hill". The cinematics stopped and hung there; did nothing until you pressed the "esc" key.

4). You referred to Captain Sanders as a Captain but you have him named tagged as a Lieutenant (minor cosmetics).

5). Spelling and Grammer can be dramatically improved so as to facilitate a smooth and dynamic flow of cinematics and dialogue texts.

[Edited on 01/11/06 @ 08:50 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.1
Balance4.5