Recorded Games
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Browse Categories
New Files

Recorded Games » Germany Beats Russian Rush!

Download File

Germany Beats Russian Rush!

Author File Description
RTEHistDesign
File Details
# of Players: 2
Empires Version: 1.01
Player 1's Name: RTE_HG
Player 2's Name: SausagePantz
Just a recording that shows Germany dealing with a Russian Rush. Lots of micro needed in this game.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Elder_King
Rating
Rating: 4.0

This is an excellent example of a situation that looks dreadful for Germany. I have often stated that Germany has little chance if attacked in the first ten minutes of the game, and especially by a good Russian player, and in this game both happened.

Germany can only have 4 or 5 infantry produced in the first 7 or 8 minutes of the game. This match was no exception. SausagePantz, who played Russia, rushed when he knew Germany would be weak, but was continuously held off by expert micromanagement.

With a screen of inexpensive buildings (university and armory), it was not as easy as usual for a Russian rush. Nevertheless, the rush was continued with some forward houses for healing. RTE kept Sausage from attacking his economy by making a good decision of assaulting his forward houses whenever he got a chance, which also kept Sausage busy from making what would have been a huge Russian economy.

The unique aspect of this match was that both sides showed examples of expert thinking- know what your enemy wants to accomplish instead of only what you want to do. Through a long and instense fight RTE's micro was finally able to push out Sausage's forward houses, although it was in jeopardy at times due to Sausage's armored cars targeting his mortars. The mortar gas wasn't as helpful as it could have been because Sausage knew its purpose was to make him retreat- so he ruthlessly advanced instead of retreating when it was fired.

Still, RTE's micromanagement prevailed even against the returned unit costs for all the dead Russians. After pushing Sausage out of his forward houses, RTE was able to go on the offensive. He had shown a great example to anyone who thinks Germany can not stand up to a rush, and now it seemed it was time to defeat Sausage easily.

But Sausage wasn't ready to stop his aggressive gameplay. While RTE planned to make a flank attack, Sausage launched a decisive surprise attack to keep the focus of combat in RTE's territory. This is a great move for Russia, because everyone knows the potential of Russian economy if combat is kept away from the civilians.

But by this time of the game RTE's German force had become the classic solid, nearly impregnable force it often becomes, only due to nearly perfect micromanagement against the rush. Players should learn from this example of micro.

Additional Comments:

Overall, both players made excellent tactical and strategical decisions that showed their thinking was oriented in reading the enemy's mind. This type of thinking is a big factor that separates good players from experts, and makes for a truly awesome action-packed replay everyone should watch!

[Edited on 05/17/06 @ 07:33 AM]

Easy_KO
Rating
Rating: 4
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:

I also enjoyed watching this game. I found it interesting enough that a German player has managed to survive a Russian rush. SausagepantZ is my clanmember and i know his russia is very quick and accurate. Just by reading the title I immediatly downloaded the game as it spotted my interest that a german has beaten a russia.(i have never seen this before)

I found it supprising that Sausage did not expand his eco very well and constantly rushed RTE even though he knew he could not win the battles. RTE I think that was amazing that you managed to beat him but as i watched the recorded game, after you fought off his rush it was pretty much over from there on. I have had many Russia V Germany games where i was the russia and i did not rush my opponent and have noticed in my observations that germany can easily overcome a Russia player if the Russia does either
1. Does not rush
or
2. Gets his rush fought off

Very interesting as the game went on though as i knew sausage was already dead :D but oh well, better luck next time for him, i enjoyed every aspect of the game and RTE It would be good if we could have a team game or a 1v1 some time and you can post it :D would be fun.

GG guys.
K_Oblivion_H
Rating
Rating: 4
Excellent game and was a nice viewing. Very nice and solid micro'ing, which definetly gave you the upper edge in the long run. It was quite enjoyable to watch a good Russian player VS a good Germany player and was most definelty nice to see how RTE fought off the quick rush and was victorious in the end. I also haven't seen a Germany defeat Russia in 1vs1 so it was pretty enjoyable.

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:242
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:44.96 KB
Added:05/14/06