Recorded Games
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Browse Categories
New Files

Recorded Games » GER (HST) V. RUSSIA ( JUSTICE)

Download File

GER (HST) V. RUSSIA ( JUSTICE)

Author File Description
empiresplayer23
File Details
# of Players: 2
Empires Version: 1.0
Player 1's Name: HST_Constantine
Player 2's Name: Surea
Good match between high auto players. Justice_X(1700) and Hst_Constantine
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
RTEHistDesign
Rating
Rating: 4

Very gg which is even better than the Germany vs Russia auto I submitted back a few months ago. The German Player really had no reason to keep going on several occasions other than the fact his desire to win the game. Every unit was used for defensive purposes, including villies and his dog.

Key points in the game:

#1.

When Constantine went to build the seige factory early on I felt a second barracks would have been better suited since Justice had been attacking hard with majority conscripts. However this decision to go AT's ended up saving the German player life since it neutralized a good russian tactic of using snipers. So very good decision there. Secondly and just as important AT's use wood and gold not food which the German player needed desperately and they do a pretty good job of countering conscripts.

#2.

Justice's decision to go with Bombers was a good one even though Germany was producing plenty of AT's Constantine was using those AT's to counter everything else. So Justice was wise to use the bombers to destroy several German antitank guns while they were busy fighting off other units.

#3.

At the 26 minute mark Justice made a great attempt and succeeded in using his snipers to take out several mortars right in the heat of action. This was a great move.

#4.

Once Germany got its eco going and produced a few tanks it was just a matter of time for Russia.

Additional Comments:

Constantine, explain the use of the dog? Was that for line of sight purposes?

Crap load of hunting was a added bonus for the German player as it enabled him to get back on the road to recovery after the early Russian onslaught.

One of thing that I learned from a very good player early on was the research of Physical Education as Germany and its benefits over the Mechanization upgrade at the armory. Here is a quote below from Chonaman that I always wear with me if I end up with Germany.

"University is a great thing if you are going to use it early for the Physical Education upgrade for your cits. Just place it next to your first barracks so your builder will finish it without additional micro. Physical Education gives cits speed (11 to 13) 33% more hitpoints and 33% stronger attack (9-12) for only 80 G, 80 W. This is considerably cheaper than using Mechanization (150 G) from the Armory to give cits speed and gives your cits a real chance to defend if needed.

I prefer to use Mechanization speed upgrade for Mortars. It makes them much more durable because they can easily outrun other infantry; you can then raid and run away (toxic cloud on UK wood villies is great) and get them out of the fight quickly if badly injured."

If you guys have any worthwhile balanced team games that you can post please do!

bekind
Rating
Rating: 4

Wow. This is a match about who is willing to go the distance. Instead of building AT, Russia should have built another barracks and more conscripts and a commisar or 2. Then it's game over. Nice use of snipers by russia.

The German player was willing to fight on when it looked hopeless, Russia was not. At the end he still had time to make a couple of katyushas and try to fight on.

VVG germany.

Additional Comments:

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:191
Favorites: [Who?]0