Falcon vs 1HALOP

Author File Description
Elder_King
File Details
# of Players: 2
Empires Version: 1.01
Player 1's Name: Puddintayne
Player 2's Name: Falcon907
This is an automatch game between Falcon and 1HALOP. Falcon has repeatedly asked me to post it since he can't post it himself, so here it finally is.

Germany(Falcon) struggles to survive against a Russian onslaught(puddintayne), as is the common result of a Russia vs Germany match. Few succeed when playing Germany in an automatch... especially against Russia.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Bxnyc This was a very funny game. One of the funniest automatches that I have ever seen. Falcon you should be applauded. Mass A/T's as Germany and mass Big Bertha's! Who would have thought. The Russian player should have went seige earlier instead of trying to get bombers going. Russia has good cheap seige and when upgraded properly (leadership or TNT) can lay waste to buildings and infantry. But it was entertaining to watch all those A/T's PWNING Russia!
Elder_King
File Author
I agree. That was very nice use of seige falc.
Falcon907 it was fun ^^

maybe rte will give a review at some point
Elder_King
File Author
Would you like me to give a review Falc?

If anyone gave a review, I would suggest taking a look at two things that might influence the score:

1. Russian player's lack of economy

2. Falcon's use of the only types of resources he had when he was nearly dead (wood and gold, with no food)
Falcon907 if you dont mind, sure ^^
RTEHistDesign
Rating
Rating: 3.0

Ask and you shall receive Falcon. :)

Sorry I have been very inactive from Empires lately and that will continue unfortunately due to my Fatherly responsibilies. ;) But back to the game...

First this was a pretty good game by Falcon and I agree with all of the comments mentioned above.

What Germany did right.

1. Putting fast speed on soldats was very smart in this match since the speed enabled Falcon to avoid many of the bomber attacks made by the Russian player.

2. Excellent micro of villies by Falcon. You avoided getting many of them killed by mass conscripts and bomber runs.

3. I do not know if you researched at the university Physical Education but that would make your villies stronger and faster. I think u did.

4. Great use of Seige in the game. I also felt that Falcon could have ended the game earlier and was very cautious. The russian player at one point was pretty low on military units and used his mass conscripts with use of Russian steamroller to kill off Falcon's remaining a/t's and seige. Falcon had plenty of reserves (mostly a/t's, seige and a few mortars) and if he just tasks with F3 when the Russian player was low it would have been game over much sooner.

5. Good aggressive attacks by falcon to keep the Russian player from advancing any further.

The Russian player as Elder mentioned had a weak economy and no doubt the high cost of those early bombers cost him precious wood for farming. Seige as mentioned above would have been a better cheaper option. All know that against Russian, Germany will build A/T's. Just didn't think that so many would be built. :p All also know that if Russia is given time to get a good eco going its gg.

The Russian player also did a poor job of harrassment. Except for his bomber runs he did not try to spread out his forces enough. He built some cossacks in the game but did not use them for raiding but instead for attacking head on against speed enhanced soldats. Falcon wisely backed up and fired killing all of the cossacks easily.

I did not seem that Falcon was in as much trouble as the title indicated. Yes there was an early rush by Russia but it was for the most part ineffective because the Russian player focused his bomber runs against settlements and not military buildings. Settlements for Germany as we know are free and can be rebuilt easily which Falcon did.

Additional Comments:

Overall and enjoyable watch dominated by Falcon's massed AT's and good use of what he had to counter a good player. The only thing that keeps me from giving this match a 4 is the poor strategy mid-late game by the Russian player. However Falcon's performance deserves 4 stars!! :D
Falcon907 I realised that my situation wasnt that bad after watching the gam, but i thought that the player was a smurf, due to not playing him before

And i hope people see why i like artilery now ^^
Falcon907 btw elder king u can review it if u want too
Elder_King
File Author
I can't review it, Falc, perhaps because I was the one to upload it here. When I click on review, it links me to the comment form.

Besides, RTE covered the important aspects.

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:71
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:93.97 KB
Added:09/20/06