You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Red Lion Tavern
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Topic Subject: Friends, Romans, countrymen... aka Two old warhorses stepping down, two new stallions in the stable
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 08-14-10 07:31 PM EDT (US)   
I am the bearer of sad news as well as good.

Two seraphs are stepping down and two are stepping up.

Firstly, we would like to thank Yak for his efforts in the nearly four years he has been staff at HG. We wouldn't have M2TWH & ETWH without his efforts and he was the staff member I always looked up to before and when I became staff. When I started the M2TWH history section, I nicked the code off his painstakingly built strategy section. We'll miss his humour & skills on the TWH staff team.

The other seraph stepping down is me. Unfortunately RL gets in the way sometimes and the end was nigh when my employer finally blocked access to HG at work. It is just not possible to devote enough time to justify my staying on as seraph. However, I can still be of use and will be staying on in what is surely my natural colour!

EnemyofJupitor has been a long time TWH'er and long time staff member of both BFME2H and TWH. He's already in orange so it won't be much of a stretch for him to take on the running of TWH with the other two seraphs. EoJ will be directly responsible for M2TWH. He's vastly experienced in this game and was the ladder leader until the arrival of Swamprat.

Terikel is of more recent vintage. He has been staff since Christmas day 2008 and has done untold amounts of work for RTWH (try counting the number of articles he has on TWH!) as well as other sections of the site, such as the Bardic Circle. He will be looking after RTWH.

Best of luck in the future to Yak, EoJ & Terikel.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Replies:
posted 08-14-10 07:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 75  
It appears that I suck to an extreme level.
I cannot demote myself and more importantly, I cannot promote Terikel to orange. This shall be rectified ASAP.

-Love Gaius

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw

posted 08-14-10 07:58 PM EDT (US)     2 / 75  
Good luck to EnemyofJupitor and Terikel! And sad to see Yak and you go though Gaius, although truth be told I haven't had much contact with either of you as per my lack of M2TW

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
posted 08-14-10 08:08 PM EDT (US)     3 / 75  
You need to wear protection before you have any contact with me!

-Love Gaius

posted 08-14-10 08:12 PM EDT (US)     4 / 75  
Does this mean that you're laying down your banstick Gaius? At any rate, it'll be slightly wierd seeing you in orange, and Yak gone...

Congrats to Terikel and EoJ!

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his-George Patton
You can get a lot more with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone-Al Capone
Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo-H.G. Wells
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity-Karl Marx

[This message has been edited by Wolfpanzee (edited 08-14-2010 @ 08:13 PM).]

posted 08-14-10 08:18 PM EDT (US)     5 / 75  
As soon as a passing seraph takes pity and demotes me, I shall be red.

As for the banstick, amber is warning, red is danger. Make of that what you will.

-Love Gaius

[This message has been edited by Gaius Colinius (edited 08-14-2010 @ 08:24 PM).]

posted 08-14-10 08:30 PM EDT (US)     6 / 75  
congrats to EOJ and Terikel!

The Dutch-Moroccan Wars
War without France would be like... World War II- Unknown
Researcher for Dark Ages: Roman Revival (now i have something to be proud of lol)

[This message has been edited by RomulusofEpirus (edited 08-14-2010 @ 10:24 PM).]

posted 08-14-10 08:30 PM EDT (US)     7 / 75  
Indeed, you do look ominous in red. Perhaps it would be a good idea to run for the proverbial hills...

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his-George Patton
You can get a lot more with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone-Al Capone
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity-Karl Marx
posted 08-14-10 08:31 PM EDT (US)     8 / 75  
There are no hills. We are on the grassy flatlands map.
You can run from my heavy & light chariots but you cannot hide!

-Love Gaius

posted 08-14-10 08:38 PM EDT (US)     9 / 75  
Do I get my own chariot with which I can try to make them crash into each other and trample them when they fall out, Ben-Hur style?

posted 08-14-10 08:42 PM EDT (US)     10 / 75  
No but I do have some spare peasant daggers if you want to practice your sprinting.

-Love Gaius

posted 08-14-10 08:50 PM EDT (US)     11 / 75  
Why would I need a dagger to practice sprinting? Or is this dagger-sprinting some new sport you've invented?

[This message has been edited by Wolfpanzee (edited 08-14-2010 @ 08:51 PM).]

posted 08-14-10 09:10 PM EDT (US)     12 / 75  

-Love Gaius

posted 08-14-10 09:27 PM EDT (US)     13 / 75  
This is not true. Damn you Gaius

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
posted 08-14-10 11:47 PM EDT (US)     14 / 75  
"Old warhorses"? Pfft, noobs.

Seriously though, good luck with your real lives.

"War does not decide who is right... only who is left." -Bertrand Russell
posted 08-15-10 00:11 AM EDT (US)     15 / 75  
Congrats to EoJ and Terikel.

To Yak and Gaius; whenever I think of TWH I always think of you two. You guys have done an excellent job.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
posted 08-15-10 01:46 AM EDT (US)     16 / 75  
Good luck and my thanks to you two for making TWH what it is today, and has been for a while now: HG's flagship sites.

Zen
posted 08-15-10 03:39 AM EDT (US)     17 / 75  
I'd like to give a big thank you to Gaius and yakcamkir for everything you've done for Total War Heaven over the years. Without you it'd be a very different place than it is now. Thanks!

Congratulations to Terikel and EoJ! Glad to have you as my co-seraphs.

Hussarknight
posted 08-15-10 05:20 AM EDT (US)     18 / 75  
"Old warhorses"? Pfft, noobs.
It's not the age, it's the mileage.

-Love Gaius

posted 08-15-10 05:20 AM EDT (US)     19 / 75  
my thanks to you two for making TWH what it is today, and has been for a while now: HG's flagship sites.
Well, I can't actually top that praise.

I remember when Yak first got greened, and everyone rejoiced- RTWH was going to go on to bigger and better things. Oh, how right we were, and much of it was due to the man himself Thank you, and good luck.

And Gaius, well, he's not quite gone yet, so I'll save the inevitable flood gates we all know we'll have for our most beloved bugger with the ban stick and all around tough guy. But I'll say thank you for everything, from the direction you've taken the site to the articles written up.

Just remember, folks! It's downhill from now on!

EDIT:
It's not the age, it's the mileage.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 08-15-2010 @ 05:29 AM).]

posted 08-15-10 06:00 AM EDT (US)     20 / 75  
I am sorry to see you two go, even though I only ever talked to you in the tavern. Nice drinking with ya! just don't get so drunk in the real world.

Congrats to Eoj and terikel! hope you bring even more to HG!

P.S: If you need help hacking the computer at work to go on HG then you just need to ask.
posted 08-15-10 06:22 AM EDT (US)     21 / 75  
Hopefully Gaius will now have more time to spare actually on the forums.

EoJ, you rock. That pic of Indiana Colinius is awesome by the way.

Terikel, you'll do great and everyone who knows you knows it. Lykke til!

Farewell Yakcamkir. We all owe you a lot for what you have done for this site over the years. I take my hat off to you - or I would if I thought you could see.

posted 08-15-10 07:12 AM EDT (US)     22 / 75  
To be honest I had been wondering if Yak was going to stand down, since he's been even more elusive than me.

As for EoJ, I practicly saw you as Seraph anyway. Terikel? Well, that was inevitable.
Nice drinking with ya! just don't get so drunk in the real world.
It's Gaius. I'm fairly sure he gets drunk evey other night.

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
posted 08-15-10 07:21 AM EDT (US)     23 / 75  
Hopefully Gaius will now have more time to spare actually on the forums.
Can't talk. Dinner with Castro and I'm late!

Ischy
Yeah. EoJ has been seraph in all but name for a while now but it was fun to remind him (and everybody else) that he was technically only a cherub here.

-Love Gaius

posted 08-15-10 07:44 AM EDT (US)     24 / 75  
Consider that a leaving present, Gaius
Yeah. EoJ has been seraph in all but name for a while now but it was fun to remind him (and everybody else) that he was technically only a cherub here.
Ah, yes. The fun we had. I will miss it. Hm.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 08-15-10 09:29 AM EDT (US)     25 / 75  
The changing of the guard. *salutes*

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

By which I mean awesome.

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » The Red Lion Tavern » Friends, Romans, countrymen... aka Two old warhorses stepping down, two new stallions in the stable
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: