Please login or register

Campaign & General
Moderated by Pitt

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Topic Subject: TWH Podcast Faction and Unit Polling Thread
posted 21 May 2013 11:54 PM EDT (US)   
Hey all

So what would be your favorite faction and unit( can be land unit, or naval unit, or both) in Napoleon Total War? (Tips on each would be appreciated and just may get you into the Podcast)

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Replies:
posted 22 May 2013 05:21 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
Great Britain and the 3rd Rate Ship of the Line.

I like the 3rd because it has a huge amount of firepower and is still relatively fast

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy
posted 22 May 2013 07:35 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Austria is my fav faction, they start off quite precariously with the Ottomans at their back and have to bear the brunt of the French assault on the mainland.

As for units, the Howitzers are great, but the Grenadier units are my favourite.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
posted 22 May 2013 10:33 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Well, my favourite faction is definitely the Austrian Empire, due to the French expansionism and their awful starting position, which make it fun to play.

As for units, the steady and nearly unbeatable French Old Guard would be my choice for land units, and the British second-class 98-gun ships for naval units

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
posted 22 May 2013 10:35 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Favorite faction is Russia. While you do start far from the action, if you don't step in to help out Austria or Prussia you are going to be having major issues with France in a bit. Combine with the fact that you can potentially just sit back and focus on building yourself up, being that tide changing force is thrilling!

Favorite unit would be is the French Old Guard. Their real life history and in game uses are just amazing.

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
Napoleon: Total War Heaven » Forums » Campaign & General » TWH Podcast Faction and Unit Polling Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: