Population goal: 10000
Culture goal: 70
Prosperity goal: 80
Monument goal: 37
Kingdom goal: 85
Minimap:
Latest version: 1.0.3 FINAL
See below for update comments.

As of 2nd April 2022, 1.0.3 is the LAST update for this mission. There will be no future updates to this map as I consider it wholly complete. For 1.0.3 FINAL, it was tested on Hard difficulty, therefore I believe it is possible for anyone to win this at any skill level.

Egypt is in a time of great promise! Our Pharaoh, Ramses II, has just defeated and quelled the Hititte threat in Qadesh. To proclaim his sovereignty throughout the land, Ramses has tasked you, his loyal Nomarch, with the construction of a huge city named after himself in the Nile Delta. This city will be known throughout the world as Pi-Ramesse.

This city shall be a jewel in the known land and project Ramses' power all across Egypt and be a mark of his triumphs. To this end, the city must be teaming with people and bolster a strong economy that can provide to both our compatriots in the North and in the South. The rich fertile Nile Delta contains all that you need to build a a large city worthy of the great Ramses II.

Prove to Ramses that he made the right decision to promote you to Nomarch.

Comments and reviews welcomed! Feel free to post them below or in the Scenario Design forum over on the Pharaoh Heaven :)
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Sajuuk
File Author
- Prosperity rating increased to 80
- Monument rating increased to 37 by inclusion of a second Medium Pyramid and a few burial provisions
- Kingdom rating increased to 90
- Population requirement increased to 9500
- 6 Stately Manors are now required
burt777 Holy cow! Hyksos chariots and no walls and no Seth. I had 2 chariot forts, and i beat approximately 0 of the chariots...!

Is there a combat strategy i'm missing? I have a feeling 6 chariots is still no guaranteed win, and i'll have to go back a whooooole lot to make that even happen. (-:
Sajuuk
File Author
Whoops! I should've incldued Seth due to the military arm of the mission. Sorry about that! An update will follow shortly :)

EDIT:
Thanks to burt777 for noticing a bug in the mission with higher difficulties! :)

- Reviewed and revised gods in mission. Seth added, Ra removed. Osiris is now Patron and not Bast.

Due to the changes, you'll likely have to start your missions over. Sorry about that! :'(

[Edited on 07/11/13 @ 11:04 AM]

burt777 Got it! [Spoiler Alert] I beat them with 2 and a half forts of chariots. I found out that it helps to keep giving commands, to keep as many units fighting at all times.

[Edited on 07/11/13 @ 03:58 PM]

burt777 The Hyksos chariots keep increasing. 2 rounds later, there's about 10 of them. Again: Am i missing some combat strategy? By the time they killed my 6 chariot forts, there's still 8 left. These things are pretty much unbeatable in groups of >5.

Although i must say Seth didn't help me; but there's no way to 'force' him to bless (if about 150 shrines and 4 big festivals don't do it, i don't know what will). I've got plenty of chariots in stock, but the recruiter can't keep up at the rate they're getting killed.

Perhaps tonight i'll try to save/load until i catch a blessing, but still i'm scared next round there's going to be even more hyksoses...
Sajuuk
File Author
Did you have your Chariot forts academy trained ? If you also built Seth's Temple Complex, it allows for Charioteers to become Veterans without battle experience at all. That might help in increasing your odds in winning against the Hyksos.
burt777 Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah, i had an academy from the beginning.
I can't build a Seth complex, as you can only build one for the patron god (Isiris in the newest version).

I don't mean to be nagging about the mission being too hard, because i like the challenge, but i do want to make sure it's doable, and about as difficult as you intend it to be. (-:
Sajuuk
File Author
I might consider changing the patron god to Seth, considering the difficulty of the mission due to use of Hyksos.

Thanks for the feedback so far! Helps a lot in solving the mission issues! :)

EDIT: Mission updated thanks to feedback from burt777! :)

- Osiris is no longer patron god, the patron is now Seth (feedback indicated the mission is too hard unless you've got an edge over the Hyksos)

[Edited on 07/12/13 @ 04:42 AM]

burt777 By now i can build this city with my eyes closed. Do tell me the _next_ round isn't gonna be 40 hyksos chariots!! ;->

I'm not sure yet when i'm gonna replay the mission or if i should get some kind of social life or something... (-:
Sajuuk
File Author
Feel free to upload the city save files you've done already if you wish to and review as well :)
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0