Please login or register

Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design)
Moderated by Wok

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Playing Heroes with a Different Civilization
posted 08-12-06 08:57 PM EDT (US)   
The hero marksman mode (activated by pressing "2") will not work when you are playing a hero without using it's default civilization. For example, let's say you want to use the Greek hero Achilles in a scenario where your civilization is Rome. You want to control and build Roman units from Roman buildings, but you want to use Alexander as your hero. The melee weapon works by default when you enter hero mode, but the marksman mode will not activate. There are no pictures in the bottom left corner to show that either the melee mode or the marksman mode is available. I've tried many times modifying the Tech Tree, both through triggers and the player options page and nothing seems to work. Has anyone else come across this problem? Does anyone have a solution or additional information as to what is causing this?

There is also an issue with the Roman alternate hero Octavian. When you press "2" to enter his marksman mode (just as Rome normally) he looses all his stamina and hero mode is exited. If anyone has any knowledge of a work-around for these problems I would be very greatful.

[This message has been edited by Spartos (edited 08-12-2006 @ 08:59 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-13-06 07:15 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
I have done some extensive testing on this. Restoring weapon types for non civ heroes is +90% not possible. If there is a way, I have not found it. And I have try dozens of things to do so.

...............(\ /)................
..............(^.^)...............
.............<( < )...............
...............(/ (/................
...All American Bunny.....
posted 08-13-06 10:54 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
Perhaps it's because the hero is only in level 1? It happened to me too, but when I upgraded my Alexander to level 2 it lets me to use the bow of Zeus.

This is the best signature ever!
posted 08-13-06 01:55 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8  
I'm not trying to use the Zeus Bow I just need the simple marksman mode to be activated on any hero but not using it's default civilization.
posted 08-14-06 07:50 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
how do u make it so you can get other civ heroes like how would i make it so if i was greece i could get julius caesar
and when i play my created map my game crashes do you know how to fix this?
thanks
posted 08-15-06 03:56 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8  

Quote:

how do u make it so you can get other civ heroes like how would i make it so if i was greece i could get julius caesar
and when i play my created map my game crashes do you know how to fix this?

Either create hero with triggers, or just place it on the map, in the editor.

The crashing part would be impossible to know without seeing the scenario, because it never happens to me by just creating a hero with triggers. It must be something else crashing your game.

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 08-15-2006 @ 03:57 AM).]

posted 09-13-06 10:50 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
How come when I make my own map, the hero's in hero mode walk realy slow. This is realy annoying.
posted 09-14-06 00:10 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8  

Quote:

How come when I make my own map, the hero's in hero mode walk realy slow.

Default speed on a newly created scenario is "slow". Try upping the speed.

posted 09-15-06 01:37 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
Thank you _o0XxX0o_. I have been trying to figure it out ever since I bought the game.
Rise and Fall Heaven » Forums » Imhotep’s Blueprints (Scenario Design) » Playing Heroes with a Different Civilization
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise and Fall Heaven | HeavenGames