Please login or register

Tech Support
Moderated by Aurilux

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: MY ROL MAPS ARE GONE!!! and yes I reinstalled! - UNRESOLVED
posted 06-06-06 03:17 PM EDT (US)   
I get ready to launch any game, and when it starts it says "setup failure" I checked on quick setup and all my maps are gone... The names are there but the files are gone. I see a blank map with nothing for every map. I don't know why the heck this happned but my when I reinstall it does nothing, and remains just like that with no change. What do I do!!!! Do I replace the nonfunctional maps with the real ones? How do I get the real maps back? Why did this happne? HELP

[SL_Unome]|---|---|---|---|----------------
[ Proud Leader of Phoenix Studios | AOM | AOE3 | ROL ]
"To be good requires to follow the rubric, to be the best is to give yourself no limitations"
Replies:
posted 06-06-06 04:20 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2  
Make sure that you delete all remaining files in the Rise of Legends folder after uninstalling, then restart your system before installing again.

If that doesn't help (or if you already tried the above), then you could try installing the game on another computer. If the maps are still not working, then something is probably wrong with your disk. If not, try copying the maps over to the machine you are trying to play on.

posted 06-07-06 11:17 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2  
Hello Unome,

It sounds like it could be a problem with the installation. Here's a recommended course of action to take-

Firstly, Uninstall Rise of Legends using the Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs option. Make sure you uninstall any previous traces of Rise of Legends Demo or Beta versions as well, as these can potentially cause conflicts with the retail version. Next, delete the actual file folder directory that contained Rise of Legends, usually the default which is Program Files>Microsoft Games>Rise of Legends. Also delete the Rise of Legends directory at My Documents>My Games>Rise of Legends.

After you've done this, you'll want to reboot to make sure that your system is completely fresh and devoid of Rise of Legends code before attempting to reinstall. Reinstall the game after the reboot, and try to use the default directories if possible. You should be good to go after that.
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » Tech Support » MY ROL MAPS ARE GONE!!! and yes I reinstalled! - UNRESOLVED
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames