Please login or register

Tech Support
Moderated by Aurilux

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A little help? =\ - UNRESOLVED
posted 07-25-06 09:59 AM EDT (US)   
I try to log-in to my online account and it gets stuck at the 'connecting to server... please wait' screen. However, if I created a new account this doesn't happen and it allows me to log-in just fine. However, i get the need to forward ports/NAT message. I've forwarded the ports on both my router and firewall with no luck. I even unplugged the router and tried going through just my cable modem with no luck. I just wanna play some RoL:*( any help?

[img]http://www.aoe3-arena.com/sign2/WaCkO,3,0.png[/img]
Replies:
posted 07-25-06 10:33 AM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
happened to me too as soon as it finished downloading the patch but all i had to do was restart rol to fix it
posted 07-25-06 11:10 AM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
that doesnt work for me though =(

posted 07-25-06 01:59 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
ok now it's not working again
posted 07-25-06 03:36 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14  
anyone care to help us? shelled out 50 bucks for the game and haven't gotten to play online once.

posted 07-25-06 04:18 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14  
GS must be down right now, hopefully to fix some of the bugs/add a patch.

wait'er out.

TGE

TGE's RTS Blog, news, thoughts, and advice on RTS gaming

Able Company (my job)

"I've kicked more ass on accident than most people have on purpose"

posted 07-25-06 04:39 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
So its all GameSpy's fault...

No wonder my anti-virus prog always marks its server program as potentially unwanted

Lolzorz. Lests hope its up soon.

posted 07-25-06 04:51 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14  
there were some problems with patch 1.65 I believe, a few of my friends had to system restore because windows went bezerk after it got done, and restarting didn't help... It might be an emergency patch or something, but noone is able to log on. I've visited my forums and found some ppl unable to long on, snakes on a fanes forums and found that they can't log on, and then my self and close friends can't log on... so its clearly a universal problem, be patient and hope for the best, hopefully the patch is gonna be worth the long wait

[SL_Unome]|---|---|---|---|----------------
[ Proud Leader of Phoenix Studios | AOM | AOE3 | ROL ]
"To be good requires to follow the rubric, to be the best is to give yourself no limitations"
posted 07-25-06 05:57 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14  
i cant log on now either.

EDIT: I think its working now.

[This message has been edited by ClockworkLord (edited 07-25-2006 @ 06:12 PM).]

posted 07-25-06 07:17 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14  
lol so my hours of trying to figure out wtf was wrong with my router set up was a waste.

posted 07-25-06 08:54 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
It doesnt work for me....grrrr
posted 07-26-06 00:02 AM EDT (US)     11 / 14  
yeah just fricking beautiful... as soon as i get past my disappearing units (once with observer, once *without* observer btw) you guys go and patch the game to fix the observer bug and f--k it all up again. Am I surprised that yet ANOTHER game affiliated with gamespy has a terrible online record? uh no...bring back MSN Zone!! omg i can't believe i just said that, much less BELIEVE it.

after the patch:
i tried logging on to the 2 accounts i have presently, no luck
i tried logging on with a brand new acct, no luck
i tried restarting the game, trying each acct again, no luck
i tried restarting my machine and then the game, and then each acct again, no luck
i bought a bhg game with gs running the multiplayer, no f--king luck. DAM YOU FRICKING ROOKIES!! This is why i like pro sports, you keep screwing up like this and YOU GET FIRED! and then u become a car salesman, like so many of you deserve!!!!! or maybe u should start applying for a role in clerks 3, coming out in 2009

SpankLuvr OUT

posted 07-27-06 02:55 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14  
heh, I restarted my comp twice, turned off my virus protection, repaired my connection (wireless) un plugged and repluged in my adapter, and almost thought of uninstalling the game...all to find out they killed the server...
posted 07-27-06 09:12 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14  
yeah, i spent about 5 hours trying to figure out this shit until they finally told us the server was foxed. It should give you a message when you try to log in that says: "We're sorry for any incovnience but gamespy is a complete piece of shit so you can't play the game you spent 50 bucks on."

posted 07-27-06 12:30 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14  
damn gamespy... i think its down again
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » Tech Support » A little help? =\ - UNRESOLVED
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames