Moderated by Aurilux

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Instructions For Manually Patching Rise of Legends
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
posted 07-23-08 09:38 AM EDT (US)   
Instructions For Manually Patching Rise of Legends

PLEASE NOTE: The re-released DVD version of the game from 2010 is already patched.
If you buy the single disc DVD version you do not need to patch the game.

It appears the Rise of Legends patch server has been shut down leaving a lot of people with a problem.
The patches for ROL have been uploaded on some online file storage services.

To check if your copy is fully patched, load up the game and check on the main menu to see what version number you have.
If the number is 0.0704.1001.0000 or 0.0704.1001.0000.13.0 then your game is updated.

USA Patches For Rise of Legends

Download at HG
Download at Moddb

European Patches For Rise of Legends

Download at HG
Download at Moddb

If you still have trouble installing the patches, you can also try the Rise of Legends 2.5 Patch auto-install exe at Game Pressure and let us know below if it works.

Modpack.exe and More Modding Tools for Rise of Legends

Modpack.exe comes with one of the patches and is needed if you want to modify the game.
The file is normally found in the Rise Of Legends main folder ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Rise Of Legends" if the game is installed using the default path on an English language computer).
If you are unable to locate the file on your computer, you can download it here:

Download at HG
Download at Moddb

Discuss modding ROL here
List of ROL Files and Programs For Modding here
ROL Modding history for interested programmers and modders here

Instructions and More Info About Patching Rise of Legends

Youtube video tutorial on manually patching the game here

USA Patch Instructions Readme:

After downloading the rar file, unzip it and follow these instructions:

1. Place the folder "patches" in the "Rise Of Legends" main folder.
2. Move the file "US_patch_manual.bat" to the "Rise of Legends" main folder.
3. Run the file "US_patch_manual.bat" by double clicking it.
4. Load up the game and check on the main menu to see what version number you have,
if the number is 0.0704.1001.0000 or 0.0704.1001.0000.13.0 then you have successfully installed the patches.

You might have to run the .bat file in Administrator mode.
You also might have to disable any antivirus programs before running the .bat file.

In Windows Vista you might have to make sure the "Rise Of Legends" folder including subfolders are not "read only".

To check this right click the "Rise of Legends" folder and select "Properties".
If necessary remove the check mark at "read only" and tell it to turn off "read only" for all subsequent folders.

European Patch Instructions Readme:

After downloading the rar file, unzip it and follow these instructions:

1. Place the folder "patches" in the "Rise Of Legends" main folder.
2. Move the file "patch_manual.bat" to the "Rise of Legends" main folder.
3. Run the file "patch_manual.bat" by double clicking it.
4. Load up the game and check on the main menu to see what version number you have,
if the number is 0.0704.1001.0000 or 0.0704.1001.0000.13.0 then you have successfully installed the patches.

You might have to run the .bat file in Administrator mode.
You also might have to disable any antivirus programs before running the .bat file.

In Windows Vista you might have to make sure the "Rise Of Legends" folder including subfolders are not "read only".

To check this right click the "Rise of Legends" folder and select "Properties".
If necessary remove the check mark at "read only" and tell it to turn off "read only" for all subsequent folders.

Read more patch info in section #9 Tech Support and Patch Instructions here

Read the patch history change log (list of changes in each patch) here.

User Patch Project

Rise of Legends needs a User Patch project, please read about the user patches for AOE1 and AOE2 to get an idea about this type of project.

If you are a programmer and/or modder interested in working on a ROL User Patch project, please read more and post in the Modding Forum here.

Hopefully the above is of help to you, please post any questions and comments below:

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 07-25-2019 @ 03:09 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-28-08 08:38 PM EDT (US)     1 / 131  
I have no idea if there's anyone at this forum, but it looks like this was posted recently...

I was wondering if you had a link to Modpack.exe, as the patches didn't generate one for me, so I'm having some trouble modding the game.

Thanks in advance!

(And thanks for the manual patch as well)
posted 07-29-08 03:22 AM EDT (US)     2 / 131  
Modpack.exe can be found in the games main folder as it is included with the game. The file is an self-extracting Winzip file.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 07-29-2008 @ 03:24 AM).]

posted 07-29-08 11:20 PM EDT (US)     3 / 131  
I tried downloading the first euorpean file off of rapidshare and followed the read-me, but rise of legends won't connect to the online part of the game or to check for updates. Is that what it was supposed to fix?? Or am I just stupid and confused? But I used to play online and it was really fun but now when I try to go on it says: "Unable to establish connection with the patch server(s)." Is there a way to fix that?
posted 07-30-08 01:35 AM EDT (US)     4 / 131  
I really apologize for being a pain, but I can't find anything remotely close to modpack in any folder, especially RoL's main directory.

According to the modding FAQ thread, it came with one of the patches...(and, as I had to completely manually patch my game, it wasn't 'added')

Linky

If I'm looking in the wrong place please let me know...

Thanks
posted 07-30-08 03:42 AM EDT (US)     5 / 131  
@soren470

Because the patch servers seems to have been shut down I have uploaded the patches to some file storage servers. Unfortunately RoL as the first thing tries to connect to the patch servers when going online, if it can not connect it throws an error and will not start an online game. I have tried finding a way so RoL does not check the patch servers but unfortunately I can't find a way. So, we have to make do with playing single player but hey, at least the game can be patched.

@XcaliberCrusade
The file should be in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Rise Of Legends
if the game is installed using the default path on an English language computer.

As you can't find it anywhere (pretty strange as you have installed the patches) and as it looks like ModPack.exe is part of one of the patches I will upload it to one of the servers.
If the file was part of the original release of the game I would not be able to help you as it would be illegal uploading the file.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 07-30-2008 @ 03:50 AM).]

posted 07-30-08 11:10 AM EDT (US)     6 / 131  
Doenst works ... ... ... it still saying "Unable to conect to patch server(s)" and in da multiplayer says: "Unable to connect with patch server(s)"
posted 07-30-08 11:37 AM EDT (US)     7 / 131  
Well that's insanely stupid if you can't play multiplayer....computers suck. I'm starting to get bored of them.
posted 07-30-08 12:14 PM EDT (US)     8 / 131  
@Bruno104.

Sorry but I am getting a little impatient with you. In how many different ways do I have to say the patch servers are down and that that is the reason I have uploaded the patches for manual download. Because the patch servers are down it is unfortunately not possible to play multiplayer because the game first checks for the patch servers and if it can not connect to them you can not play multiplayer?

@soren470
It's not the fault of the computers. Extremely few people have played the game online and there have sinse the seventh patch been difficulty patching the game as one would get a message about the patch being invalid but with persistense and a good deal of luck one could get the game patched. Sinse about late June the patch servers seems to have been shut down. I agree with you it's a bit lame that one can not play multiplayer because the patch server is shut down, on the other hand as mentioned before very few people have played the game in multiplayer.

posted 07-30-08 12:43 PM EDT (US)     9 / 131  
Sweet. I really appreciate you hosting the file!

Thanks!
posted 08-01-08 06:57 PM EDT (US)     10 / 131  
Total downloads in July (starting 23th of July):

Rapidshare:
EU part 1: 8
EU part 2: 3
US: 3
Modpack: 1

FileFront:
EU: 20
US: 6

MegaUpload:
EU: 2
US: 1

Looks like the need for the patches is higher than I had imagined.

posted 08-02-08 06:09 PM EDT (US)     11 / 131  
Hello. Simple question, I hope. If I am in the US and want to fully patch my ROL, which patches should I download and install? The European, the US or both?

Thanks...
posted 08-02-08 06:56 PM EDT (US)     12 / 131  
As it says in the opening post you will have to download both the US and the European patches. You should use the batch file that comes with the US patch. Remember to read the readme files for installation instructions.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 08-02-2008 @ 06:57 PM).]

posted 08-03-08 05:36 AM EDT (US)     13 / 131  
Hi,

thanks for publishing the patch, i just bought the game yesterday and that's the first time i can't patch a game i just bought for a stupid server purpose.

The game has just 2 years, and by closing patch server they are killing it even for solo players...

I own the french version and i followed the manual patch instructions, a dos window did a lot of stuff but the game still says that the version is : 0.0704.1001.0000.13.0 is that normal ?

thanks

[This message has been edited by Ghorgoth (edited 08-03-2008 @ 05:37 AM).]

posted 08-03-08 07:40 AM EDT (US)     14 / 131  
Looks like your game is allready patched. Mine is fully patched and the version number is the same as yours.

RETAIL-0612.1201.0000-0.0704.1001.0000.RTP is the final patch.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 08-03-2008 @ 07:51 AM).]

posted 08-07-08 01:55 PM EDT (US)     15 / 131  
Thanks
posted 08-09-08 07:13 PM EDT (US)     16 / 131  
The Rise of Legends patch servers are up and running again.

posted 08-17-08 08:14 PM EDT (US)     17 / 131  
TYVM!!! You just saved me. BHG on the other hand...

When I figured out that the RoL Patch Server was down, I tried to e-mail Big Huge Games via the two e-mail addresses on their site. Since my account is on gmail it sends me an e-mail whenever an account doesn't exist/work, and i got the e-mail telling me that about both e-mails. I have no clue about what's going on over there, but it made me pretty mad...

Anyway, thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much.

Prepare to be CONQUERED! Mwahahahaha!
posted 08-18-08 02:35 AM EDT (US)     18 / 131  
Happy I could help.

What the server goes then it was up some days ago, I don't know if it's down again. Microsoft has the copyright on the game so maybe they also have say over the patch servers but it's only a guess. THQ aquired BHG some months ago so that's likely the reason the mails don't work.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 08-18-2008 @ 02:37 AM).]

posted 08-22-08 02:59 PM EDT (US)     19 / 131  
Do I have to download all the US patches or just one from the list?

Hatred can be overcome only by love- Mahatma Ghandi
posted 08-23-08 03:56 AM EDT (US)     20 / 131  
You just need to download one US patch from the list. Remember you also need to download the European patch for fully patching the game.

Don't forget to read all the readme files for installation instructions.

posted 08-23-08 12:49 PM EDT (US)     21 / 131  
Ok, thanks very much. I think I will finally be able to play online but do the patches need to be saved in the ROL folder?

[This message has been edited by Wolftone (edited 08-23-2008 @ 03:20 PM).]

posted 08-23-08 04:35 PM EDT (US)     22 / 131  
The ZIP files you download can be placed anywhere, for installing the patches follow the instructions in the readme files that are enclosed with the patches contained in the zip files.

BTW, you can only play online if the original patch server for automatically patching the game is online. This is because the game checks for new patches as the very first thing when you try to start a multiplayer game, if the patch server can not be reached, all you will get is an error message and that's it. You will also most likely have to find someone beforehand for playing multiplayer as there are extremely few people playing the game online.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 08-23-2008 @ 04:41 PM).]

posted 08-24-08 01:33 PM EDT (US)     23 / 131  
Is that why when I try to make my account adn then log in it just says "Communicating with server please wait" and just stays there for ever? (sorry about all the questions)

posted 08-24-08 06:49 PM EDT (US)     24 / 131  
Sounds more like a problem with the logon server. When the patch server is down you will be able to log on but will then get a message saying the server is not available.

posted 08-31-08 05:51 PM EDT (US)     25 / 131  
Total downloads sinse 23th of July:

Rapidshare:
EU part 1: 28
EU part 2: 13
US: 11
Modpack: 6

FileFront:
EU: 41
US: 19

MegaUpload:
EU: 22
US: 6

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » Tech Support » Instructions For Manually Patching Rise of Legends
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames