You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Tech Support
Moderated by Aurilux

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Guide To Rise of Legends Over Internet Via VPN - Without Disconnects - FIXED
posted 07-25-10 09:50 PM EDT (US)   
Hey, I’ve spent a good few days working on the best way of getting Rise of Legends to work on a multiplayer game via a VPN server. First I tried Hamachi which typically recently has been utter crap – next I tried gameranger which worked for one v one – but it did require ports to actually be opened rather than relying in DMZ – and if we tried to have 3 players in game it disconnected one of the players after 20 seconds.

So naturally we turned to Google and it seems a lot of people have had this issue but no one to date has found a solution, well thanks to a small German application I am happy to report we can once again game away on Rise of Legends

http://www.tunngle.net/

I know the UI looks quite fugly, and for some it may be over the top for what they want – but quite simply it works. It works great in fact. So if you’re having disconnects then just use Tunngle. I’m hoping that by posting this future people whom Google the issue can find the solution.

Cheers,
Daniel.
Replies:
posted 07-26-10 04:46 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Thanks for the link, looks interesting

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
posted 07-26-10 05:14 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
No problemo - what I didn't want to do was sound like I have any connection to trunngle. It's just as I'm sure you know ROL is a pain in the arse to network correctly!
posted 07-26-10 09:25 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
No worries, if I thought you had connections with Tunngle I would have mailed you, and you are correct about the rest. There are likely other (and older) games that could get a helping hand from that VPN program too as online gaming was (I believe it was Activision) shut down for some older games within the last year.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
posted 09-24-10 00:56 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
I tried tunngle after hamachi kept disconnecting and unfortunately it didn`t work either. Exact same problem; disconnect 20-30 seconds in. Any suggestions?
posted 09-24-10 03:53 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
You could try manually make sure Windows Firewall lets the program access the internet, regardless if Windows Firewall is enabled or not.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 09-24-2010 @ 03:55 AM).]

Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » Tech Support » Guide To Rise of Legends Over Internet Via VPN - Without Disconnects - FIXED
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames