Please login or register

Tech Support
Moderated by Aurilux

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Compiled LAN troubleshooting thread - UNRESOLVED
posted 08-12-13 02:58 PM EDT (US)   
Hey everybody, newcomer here working vigorously to keep ROL alive like everyone else here. I recently had a LAN party devoted to our great game which crashed and burned violently.

For those who haven't heard, this game's apparently a renown bitch to network. I had the absolute weirdest problem I've ever come across in relation to computing.

It was a 3 man LAN: I could host, either of them could join, we could play fine. As soon as both of them tried to join, immediately if not seconds later, disconnected.

I've seen a plethora of solutions, particularly those discussed in this thread http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/29759-17-multiplayer-problem-playing-rise-legends

I had both of them install MSXML SP3, one fellow on Win7 64, one on windows 8. I thought at first that this win8 rig was hampering operations until both myself and him could finally 1v1 without issue.

I apologize if you think this title is misleading at this point, but I assure you I plan to gather feedback from here and edit the thread heavily so that, at the end, we have a one-stop resource for those who seek to play this game that is nothing short of glory incarnate.

Please provide any help you can.

Problem: Both clients cannot join game simultaneously, nor can either client host.

Solutions attempted:
MSXML installation across the board, to no avail
Gameranger, to no avail
Replies:
posted 08-12-13 05:16 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
Have you tried letting the Win8 user host the game?

Besides Gameranger, you could try Tunngle or Hamachi.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
posted 08-12-13 06:28 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
I believe we did, same problem. We plan to attempt Tunngle soon, but it would seem ludicrously odd to have to do so when we're all on an actual LAN.

Thanks for all your hard work maintaining this place btw. Am I able to quote posts or subscribe to threads for email alerts when new posts pop up? thanks.
posted 08-13-13 02:09 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Unfortunately you can not subscribe to threads for email alerts.

You can use quotes by copy-and-paste the text you like to quote and then contain them in the [q] [/q] tag.

You can find more BBCode references here

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
posted 09-19-13 00:08 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
I use "evolve" to play rol with friends. Works easily, invite friends to your party and you automatically connect/enabling LAN play.
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » Tech Support » Compiled LAN troubleshooting thread - UNRESOLVED
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames