Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by Aurilux

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Improving the Hotkey some selection hotkeys
posted 05-20-06 02:31 AM EDT (US)   
As I have noticed some hotkeys don't work as I want them to.
Please state your opinnion and tell me if it's just me or if you feel the same way:

If you click the "find next Barrack" etc. buttons (default G,H,J) it actually transports you directly to the building. Is it possible to shift or ctrl click this hotkey so it only selects the building without centering your view to it?

Also the "select all units of this type" hotkey (deafult T) selects if you are palying as the cuotl if you have a holy ark selected also the ones which are channeling your buildings. This is vera annyoing.
It would be nice to change this like the selecting square works right no because this only selects holy arks if they are not channeling a building (so they seem to be considered non-military units).

Replies:
posted 05-20-06 06:09 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
Turn off "Find Building Centres on Building" will partially solve your first problem. Unfortunately you won't ever be able to centre your view on buildings with that on, which sometimes can be useful, such as when adding districts to a city. =/

/shrug @ 2nd problem

posted 05-20-06 07:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
That can be solved by selecting the option to automatically add districts with having to manually place them.
posted 05-21-06 02:58 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
I've actually become quite cross with the auto-center when tapping a control group # which I have previously selected.

I'm accustomed to double-tapping a control group # to center my view. Centering on a single tap when I already have that group selected is just bothersome.

Here's the specific example that hits me most often. I have a battle raging with 4 or 5 control groups attacking. I hit "3" to select my Sun Jaguars, and target an opponent's Clockwork Spider...

Except Actually my view jumps half a screen to the left, and I end up clicking on the ground away from the battle. My Jaguars not only do not attack the Spider, they all turn and start running away from the battle.

Does anyone else have this difficulty?

--Mr. Strange

Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Improving the Hotkey some selection hotkeys
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames