Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by Aurilux

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Kahan icons and "walker" type unit
posted 06-25-06 06:26 PM EDT (US)   
Ok, this isn't complicated and will show many kahan unit, tech and building icons, I have also managed to put in a scenario the "walker" type unit, which is the one that is walking in the cities, though that one requires editing one simple thing.

1st the icons: go to the editor, and select the objects tool, with it right click on a hero portrait (because with these you can see many icons) and choose the only option available - edit texture. Now there will appear a window which will let you change the icon of the hero, and with it you can browse all icons in the game. Besides many Kahan icons, there are a few other for the other civs that weren't used as well, mostly for the Alin. From what I can see, the Kahan's unique district might had something to do with mining.

2nd the "walker" type unit: This will require for you to go to the Rise Of Legends\Data\tribes folder, in there you will find 4 xml files, one Vinci, one Cuotl, one Alin, and one "empty". Now, the supposed "empty" nation is composed of many neutral units and such( I didn't explore it much).

The 3rd line will have this on it:
TRIBE name="Empty Nation Slot" loc_name="Empty Nation Slot" playable="0" icon="72" diplo_icon_string="Sawu, the Dark Alim"

change the bold part "playable=0" to "playable=1", go to the editor and there the nation "Empty Nation Slot" will appear, there only one unit is selectable, Walker-Kahan. You can place it and see what it looks like.

MudokonGod claims it is possible to place the Kahan "walker" unit without modification, although I wasn't without modifying it...

I know this isn't much, but should help see what the Kahan would be like, and maybe help fan-fic writers with their ideas.

Sorry if you already new this, but I never saw it mentioned.

[This message has been edited by Czin_Minion (edited 06-25-2006 @ 09:19 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06-25-06 06:50 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
When i go to the tribes folder all it has is a ctw folder, help please.
posted 06-25-06 08:00 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
That is strange, it should have the empty nation folder there.
Anyways, I've uploaded for you to try at Turboupload: Empty Nation Slot file
posted 06-25-06 08:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
Thanks, it looks pretty cool too, thanks
posted 06-25-06 08:36 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14  
You can place the walker infantry units down without any modification in the scenario editor.
posted 06-25-06 09:18 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14  
posted 06-26-06 10:44 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
could anyone upload a picture....some of us are too clumsy to start modding our files...please

Your communist friend,
Coatlicue

proud owner of Heirkles' Golden Anklet of Mass hysteria

posted 06-26-06 10:57 AM EDT (US)     7 / 14  
Oh, very sorry, you're right. I only skimmed over your title post and thought you said you need to mod files to place any walker unit. I didn't realise you were referring solely to the Kahan one.

Nice find.

posted 06-26-06 02:40 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14  
I have also found the Kahan basic infantry, just activate cheat then type /insert barbarians.

Anyway this is the "walker" type unit:Kahan "Walker" Type unit

posted 06-26-06 02:53 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14  
You can definitely place Barbarians in the editor - it's under the "Shared" tribe section when placing units. This time, I'm not mistaken.

The walkers look pretty good - do they shoot? If so, what with?

posted 06-26-06 03:12 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
Never looked there, anyway all walker type units that are placed in the editor usually don't do anything. But I'll just have to test that.
posted 06-26-06 03:26 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14  
Heres some screens

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1109/kahan18mv.jpg
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/2013/kahan28uv.jpg

[This message has been edited by Hipskovski (edited 06-26-2006 @ 03:29 PM).]

posted 06-26-06 04:30 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14  

Quote:

anyway all walker type units that are placed in the editor usually don't do anything. But I'll just have to test that.

Walker units act exactly the same as infantry units, except they are individuals insteads of groups of 9. Thus, they have less hp, but can attack, be trampled, can walk, etc.

Thanks for the screenshots; it's great getting a glimpse into the Kahan. I'm liking the look of the Cyclopean hero.

posted 06-26-06 05:20 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14  

Quote:

Heres some screens

Starts mopping my own drool.....

Wow, just look at them I mean.....wow, they've got cyclops, elephants, a kind of wagon and guys with funny haricuts...

Oh men, why didn't they include them in the game (jumps up and down in anger)

You know, it seems it's practically all there, well most of it anyway; couldn't BHG just....ya'know release a patch and unlock them or something?

Your communist friend,
Coatlicue

proud owner of Heirkles' Golden Anklet of Mass hysteria

[This message has been edited by Coatlicue (edited 06-26-2006 @ 05:22 PM).]

posted 06-26-06 05:28 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14  
They cant just realease it, it isnt balanced or finished. Im hoping that the expansion introduces the Kahan. Im expecting the Kahan in the expansion pack and anything else would just feel out of place in Aio
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Kahan icons and "walker" type unit
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames