Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by Aurilux

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: ~The Lands of Aio (Maps)~
posted 07-19-06 07:37 PM EDT (US)   
Unfortunately, my computer processor or something doesn't meet one of RoLs requirements, so I do not own it yet. I know alot about it, but I have no idea about maps or anything. Could someone post the QUICK PLAY AND MULTIPLAYER maps in RoL and descriptions of them?

׺°˜`°º×ALL HAIL THE UNCLELAND!׺°˜`°º×[/ind]\

[ind]Help to reveal the Dumbo Conspiracy to the World!

[This message has been edited by Lord Iarune (edited 07-20-2006 @ 01:07 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-19-06 08:44 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
The civilizations of Aio aren't separated by any geographic borders as far as I can tell but are still inexplicably culturally completely different.

The Vinci live on a plains or hilly area (and some industrial wastelands) while the Alin live in a desert and the Cuotl live in the jungles.

The setting of Rise of Legends is the weakest part of the game even though it had so much potential considering how different the races are.

I AM NOT HIPPO. I am Monocular (Vinci), ManWithThreeKidneys (Alin), and Thunderstick (Cuotl).
posted 07-20-06 03:01 AM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
well Technically there are seperate borders, the ones you use while CTW. If you read the info for each part of a map you could create some borders.

There were the vinci cities states such as Miana, Pirata, Conderitti(Spelling?) and Venucci(Spelling Again?)

For Coutl you could seperate all the land into the four false gods.

Alin would be a bit harder but there are some people that own land and rest could be considered neutral.

All it takes is a bit of time anyone could put together a map but with descriptions it would probably give away spoilers.

Somthing someone that hasn't played the game doesn't like to see.

I might create a map, and I mean (MIGHT). Im a bit busy on other ROL Projects but if I get any time.

If anyone else wants to feel free to.

posted 07-20-06 10:01 AM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
I think Lord Iarune is not talking about campaign maps but about quick battle maps, like Miana reservoir, Valley of Lost Souls, Vents, etc...

PS.: Hipskovski well...I thought I should let you know..it's Condottieri...Venucci is correct. I wouldn't worry about that though.

posted 07-20-06 01:06 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14  
Netza, you are completely right. I meant quick play maps.

[This message has been edited by Lord Iarune (edited 07-20-2006 @ 01:07 PM).]

posted 07-21-06 11:23 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14  
*Sigh* So, is anyone gonna help...?

posted 07-22-06 05:15 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
Well geographically the Vinci and Alin lands are seperated by lots of mountains, which ***SPOILER*** you can see destroyed as soon as you end the Vinci campaign ***END OF SPOILERS***

The Alin and Cuotl lands are only joined by a small valey I think...

About the maps, the descriptions can be attained and posted but it would require a little work...

posted 07-24-06 01:03 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14  
Please do so, Czin Minion. All you would need to do is post the names of the maps and a brief description of them. That's all I need.

posted 07-24-06 05:15 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14  
Well, I'll see if I can get the time for that and the patience... It would be easier if I found the map descriptions in some file instead of in-game...
posted 07-24-06 05:25 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14  
You can... In loads of .map files.
posted 07-25-06 03:48 AM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
Random Map
A map will be selected randomly. You may or may not need to fly across mountain ranges or chasms to find other players.

Number of Players: 2
Neutral Cities: 0
Other Sites: 0

Random Small Map
A map will be selected randomly. There will be direct land connections to all of your allies and opponents.

Burial Grounds
Ancient crypts dominate this map, creating narrow chokepoints -- some of which may have collapsed since your last visit. Condottieri and Scavengers are the most commonly-found inhabitants. Much of the Timonium will be found concentrated in the center.

Neutral Cities: 4
Other Sites: 6

Coliseum
Become "King of the Hill" by establishing yourself as the only player with units in the Coliseum. The first player to do so for long enough wins.

Other Sites: 4

Corbanile Mines
Rough terrain makes for difficult passing and Mining Companies dominate the center. Expect two expansion cities per player, but beware! Some lie close to both borders.

Elder's Rise
A glass wall separates the teams on this map. Dark Alin guard all the sites here and have already plundered much of the Relics, leaving fewer to be discovered.

Other Sites: 8

Frozen Standoff
Rich Timonium Deposits and wild Berserker camps dominate the center of this map. Two expansion Cities and a Shaman Stone are also available to each player. Facing the threat of hostile natives, each player starts with extra soldiers.

Other Sites: 7

Kalahese Desert
Great wealth can be found in the Kalahese, along with many Dark Alin sites. You start with a Merchant or Reactor District for extra income, but beware: the Salamanders won't be happy to see you.

Neutral Cities: 6
Other Sites: 8

Miana Reservoir
Amidst the ruins of a gigantic reservoir, Condottieri soldiers guard rich Timonium deposits, cities and other sites -- including the valuable Power Plant. Your opponent starts nearby, so you begin with on free Military District.

Neutral Cities: 10
Other Sites: 10

Miana Station
Railroads from surrounding Vinci lands converge at Miana Station. These railroads connect sundry neutral sites, but most importantly they serve to link the distant Mining Companies which control most of the Timonium in this region. As this map is very large, each player begins with nearly two times the normal resources and troops.

Other Sites: 16

Nohoch Crater
Its origin lost in the mist of time, this lava pit contains Timonium deposits great in productivity but low in number. The narrow central bridge makes for difficult passing into enemy territory

Neutral Cities: 4-6
Other Sites: 4-12

Rain Flats
Beneath the lush jungle canopy, outposts of the Fallen Cuotl guard abundant Timonium deposits. Beware the powerful and hostile Shrines impeding travel through center of the map.

Other Sites: 6-8

Spire Forest
The ancient trees of this swampy forest form the backdrop for a fierce struggle to control the central expansion cities. Fallen Cuotl guard a few neutral sites scattered around the Periphery

Summer Heat
Beneath the desert sun, wild and hostile creatures roam the sands. though the paths may have shifted since your last sojourn here, the dearth of precious Timonium remains a constant.

Umberto Lowlands
Abandoned by its previous inhabitants, this forested region now provides setting for a short, sharp struggle to control the expansion cities ringing the map. Vinci Mining Companies may have reached the Timonium deposits before you.

Valley of Lost Souls
Home to bands of Falles Cuotl, this wide open valley features three expansion cities per player as well as three additional neutral sites.

Vents
This map's large central volcano creates many chokepoints, though your enemy is never far away. look for friends among the Dune Raiders and Fallen Cuotl you find lurking between the region's sparse Timonium deposits.

Other Sites: 5

Kagra's Lungs
A wild plain of ice stretches between the three combatants. Shaman Stones can sometimes be found in the center, but the Berserkers and Condottieri have set up their Camps and Outposts around the edges

Number of Players: 3
Other Sites: 3-4

Random Map
A map will be selected randomly. You may or may not need to fly across mountain ranges or chasms to find other players.

Number of Players: 4

Random Small Map
A map will be selected randomly. There will be direct land connections to all of your allies and opponents.

Battle for the Core
Turrets manned by Fallen Cuotl ring this time-etched fragment of the legendary Mothership. Unlocking the Ship's remaining secrets will require control of the central Core.

Neutral Cities: 8
Other Sites: 9

Dark Chasm
Riven by a chasm of Dark Glass, this desert offers no connection to the domain of your enemies – you will have to transport yourself across. Dune Raiders guard the neutral sites strewn about the parched landscape.

Dark Crossings
Bridges stretch across a yawning chasm of Dark Glass and must be controlled to allow your armies passage. the Dune Raiders of this desert region may prove friendly... for a price.

Death Basin
Special Deathmatch Rules in Effect! Start with a huge amount of resources, including Research Points and Prototypes. The map itself is a modified version of the Lost Basin with more defenders on neutral sites.

Other Sites: 8-10

Glacial Divide
You have an island for yourself, as the for arctic landmasses are seperated by impassable ravines. Berserkers predominate among the native tribes, but Fallen Cuotl have been spotted from time to time.

Other Sites: 12

Kaba Swamplands
In an open swampland, Timonium can be hard to find. A ruined temple occupies the center, but only in certain seasons, and Fallen Cuotl defend the various neutral sites.

Neutral Cities: 12
Other Sites: 12-16

Mount Tola
Though an eruption leveled stately Mt. Tola, hostile Dark Glass creatures now pick easily over rich new Timonium deposits. Travel is difficult amid the rubble, but camps of Fallen Cuotl from waypoints in the outer reaches.

Other Sites: 10

Pillars of the Desert
Rich Timonium deposits atop these thirteen remote mesas have recently spawned a thriving clifftop economy. the central pillar may contain a City, a Timonium deposit, or a neutral site.

Neutral Cities: 8-9
Other Sites: 12-13

Pillars of Thuran
Rich Timonium deposits atop these thirteen remote mesas have recently spawned a thriving clifftop economy. A sand citadel upon the central pillar is home to Thuran the Sky Inferno; capture the site to control him.

Neutral Cities: 8-9
Other Sites: 12-13

Silea Forest
Your enemies begin close by, and your starting city lies dangerously exposed near the center of the map, so you start with an extra defensive building. Scavenger sites and expansion cities can be found to the outside of this Timonium-rich area.

The Doge's Hammer
Special Rules: one player is the "defender" and fights alone against all the others. The defender starts with more buildings, units and resources; also, he has easier access to the Doge's Hammer, a devastatingly powerful cannon.

Neutral Cities: 5
Other Sites: 5

The Lost Basin
In this remote jungle basin you may find yourself near an ally... or an enemy. Vinci Miners, Fallen Cuotl, and outland Berserkers have each been spotted in the region from time to time. you have limited expansion cities available, but you start with extra resources.

Other Sites: 8-10

The Northern Reach
Your starting mountaintop connects to several others through a network of bridges. the Condottieri and Berserkers you encounter on your way to the enemy may sometimes prove hostile.

Neutral Cities: 9

The Storm Marshes
The sliver of land on which you start will not prove self-sufficient for long. In order to expand and encounter other players, you will need to fly across the impenetrable swamps to the large central landmass.

Neutral Cities: 10
Other Sites: 10-12

Wasteland
Berserkers, Dark Alin, and Condottieri have all converged upon this open steppe. Expansion cities ring the fringes, but with most of the Timonium near the center your borders will need to be extended inwards.

Valley of Lost Souls
Home to bands of Vallen Cuotl, this wide open valley features three expansion cities per player as well as three additional neutral sites.

Number of Players: 5
Neutral Cities: 15
Other Sites: 15

Wonder Valley
Home to bands of Vallen Cuotl, this wide open valley features three expansion cities per player as well as three additional neutral sites. Most importantly, there is a Cuotl Wonder in the middle of the map. It will be the Eye of the Gods, the Soul Reaper, or the Moon Temple: each has a different power.

Number of Players: 5
Neutral Cities: 15
Other Sites: 15

Random Map

Number of Players: 6

Blossoming Dark
Only a few thin outcroppings of Dark Glass protect you from nearby enemies. Dune Raiders vie with Dark Alin for control of the valuable central cities and sites.

Neutral Cities: 18
Other Sites: 14

Condottieri Outlands
Recent discoveries of rich Timonium deposits have attracted multitudes of Condottieri to the area. Your allies will start near you, and your enemies far away. look for three expansion cities per player, plus a wealth of neutral sites waiting to be conquered.

Other Sites: 18-24

Sayna Mortem
The demigod Sayna is said to have perished in the volcanic chasm which divides the two halves of this map. Fallen Cuotl defend most sites, but watch for hostile Salamanders. expect two expansion Cities per player plus one additional expansion city on each side of the chasm.

Neutral Cities: 14
Other Sites: 20

Desert Peril
Team members will find themselves starting close together on this map, and the central player from each team is protected behind a cliff. Alin factions guard several neutral sites as well as two expansion Cities per player, but in the central valley lurk hostile Salamanders.

Lunar Scars
This troubled land will soon be scarred further as a titanic struggle unfolds for the inner ring of expansion cities. Your starting City begins with a free district.

Other Sites: 18

Quetzal's Plume
Impassable cliffs seperate the starting plateaus, leaving each player with his own "island". Fallen Cuotl guard various sites around the map.

Other Sites: 18-21

Random Map

Number of Players: 8

Nomad
On this map you begin with only a small scouting force and no starting City. You will need to establish a base quickly -- and carefully, for hostile Dark Alin and Salamanders roam the desert.

Neutral Cities: 24
Other Sites: 54-56

Northland Flurry
In the craggy mountains of the north dwell many hostile barbarians. On this map chokepoints insulate players from one another. Most of the neutral sites and Timonium will be found in the center.

Neutral Cities: 16

Elder's Rise
A glass wall separates the teams on this map. Dark Alin guard all the sites here and have already plundered much of the Relics, leaving fewer to be discovered.

Neutral Cities: 16
Other Sites: 18

Maldini Heights
Rugged valleys scarring the countryside have kept the Vinci Mining Companies reliant on air power. Players begin on isolated plateaus with two expansion Cities and two neutral sites nearby. An unknown number of central plateaus may conceal additional useful locations.

Neutral Cities: 16-18
Other Sites: 25-29

"One day, my quotes will stand in signatures"
Sjonnie

Quod licet Iovi non licet bovi

[This message has been edited by Sjonnie (edited 07-25-2006 @ 08:42 AM).]

posted 07-26-06 03:24 AM EDT (US)     11 / 14  
nobody interested in those maps?

Sjonnie

posted 07-26-06 10:52 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14  
I am very interested! Thank you! What you posted is exactly what I needed!

posted 07-26-06 10:53 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14  
Very Well done Sjonnie.

That must have taken you a long time, and thanks.

posted 07-26-06 12:45 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14  
It sure did. I couldn't find anything in the files to copy it from, so I had to retype it all from the game (lots of Alt-Tab usage).

Sjonnie

Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » ~The Lands of Aio (Maps)~
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames