posted 05-26-06 11:17 PM EDT (US)   
ok i've wanted to try to have something that could fit in with the story, yet still give me space to manuvre, so i decided on the siege of Miana, i know from what i've read it gets destroyed by the doge, yet the player is not actually there to protect it... soooo....

that's the new fanfic theme for me just now, as for the *ahem* movie you might be looking for from the title, it's here:

The Siege of Miana

but erm... oh what the heck rofl i think it's hilarious xD

it's meant to be serious but it's just funny seeing that first guy (the top one) being shot in the head right at the start lol)

so here's the fanficcy:

The Siege of Miana
by storm-legion

Not two days ago Alessadri had devised his “cunning” plan, the old bait trick which I’m surprised worked against someone as famous for his intellect and ingenuity as Giocomo himself, but no matter happened in the past, the present is what’s bugging me now.

“Juliun! What the heck were you thinking?! Pavlos! Get over here and hurry!”

I felt an odd sensation, as though I was watching something from nearby, a play in the halls of Venucci perhaps? No… no, because I was never an actor, and yet I was here playing the lead role, of the fallen hero? Or was it the brave comrade?

“Julian you are the damnedest crazed soldier in this platoon I swear! What on Aio possessed you to take a gander outta our bunker!? PAVLOS!”

I looked around, this was the best play I’d seen yet in a long while, the man holding me was showing real emotions, the scenery was so real, buildings and houses made out of brick and mortar, half-blown apart some of ‘em, but even in them you could see staircases, charred paintings and even a corpse or two, I even could hear the deafening booming of gunfire in the background. It was only then that I noticed that the guns were making holes in the walls, actual holes, and the people being hit were actually being hurled back by the force, and bleeding and screaming. This was definitely the best play I’d seen in a while.

“Pavlos!”
“Aye sir ah’m here! What kin ah do fer yeh?”
“Julian’s got himself shot in the helmet! I don’t think it got through but it’s knocked him out! You got anything for him?”

By now the distant booming and roar of battle were so loud it was hard to believe it wasn’t real. By now my vision was starting to blur though, I made out the three people on the stage sitting down behind a half-torn brick wall, with me lying on the floor with my head in one of their hands. The new one called Pavlos got out a small amber bottle.

“Now watch out Julie, this’ll sting yer throat like the Doge’s Pain gun!”

My throat felt raw suddenly, I grabbed it and found I was choking, though I was just standing beside these people, it felt as though I was part of them instead, maybe I was the lead actor?

“Tha’s right, take a good long sip now…”

I was now coughing and wheezing beside them, trying to shot for help but no sound came out, I felt like I was drowning underneath miles of water, until finally I croaked.

“He’s coming to! G’wan Pavlos! I think the others need you more now! I’ll bring Julian back!”
“Aye Aye Cap’n”

It was like I was being thrown into a great chasm, only to find that when I landed it didn’t hurt. I coughed and spluttered out blood as my vision came to, and saw standing above me a man I knew well, yet couldn’t quite remember.

“Ca…Captain?”

“Oh thank the inventor you’re alive corporal, you almost got yourself killed running into the line of fire back there”

The line of fire… This jolted my memory, images flashed past my eyes, a great marching, a magnificent city, the siege, jumping out of a flying machine, gunfire, and then an idea…

“oooh… my head is spinning….”
“Keep it together corporal, we need every man we’ve got just now…”
“…no, wait! I remember! I remember why I ran!”
“huh?”

I struggled up, it felt as though this was the first time I was walking, the captain helped me up but kept a firm grip on my shoulder to stop me doing anything.

“We don’t have time to go to the sweet shop Julian! Back there the rest of squad Argonaus, the rest of your squad is being pinned down!”
“I know! But listen! They had no cover on their right flank! I saw an alley leading out from it! We just need to get into that alley and we can end this a lot faster than being pinned down! You have to believe me!”

I knew before he said it that he was not going to accept, he increased his grip on my shoulder and pushed me back towards the rest of the squad, “Don’t be a fool Julien! You’re lucky you’re still a corporal and not a corpse!” Despite the gas mask he was wearing it was easy enough to tell his expression, whereas I hoped mine would be kept hidden behind the mask as I mouthed unfriendly words.

The fighting was tough at our bunker, Pavlos was tending to the wounded as they came and the rest of the twenty or so men were hiding behind crates and barrels and walls as they fought against an enemy using similar tactics.

“Pavlos! How much time do we have left before the bombardment starts?”
“oh… two or three hours yet Cap’n.”
“wait, what! You said that more than an hour…” The reply was cut short by the sounds of artillery fire from afar, and for a brief moment of grace and total understanding, both sides looked to the sky as the black birds of death dived to meet their prey. “RUN! Get yourselves out of here! Someone give me a hand here with Jaquob!” The captain rushed to lift the only living person he could find in the wounded soldier’s line.

The sound of the shell was not unlike thunder, not distant but all too close, despite running for how long we did, the shell still sent shattering debris and force of the blow against us. Three were knocked against solid walls and died, another two were hit heavily by the debris and were too badly wounded or dead to go on, out of original squad of the Doge’s Elite Guard that came to the heart of Miana, only eight more were left alive.

There was no time to lie down and await the carnage’s inevitable stop, it had only just begun, and we still had the mission to do.

“Julien! Do you still have your charges intact?”
I snuck a look at my belt to see one small leather satchel with a string coming out of it, “I’ve got one left Captain!”
“Anyone else got any?”
“Aye Cap’n ah have me two left”

The northerner’s voice was usually a tiring sound, but right now it felt as good as any, to have any comrades left in this hell hole was a miracle in its own right.

“Well come on then lads! We still have an entrance to make!”

With that we hastily got up, groaning like children, but the captain soon had us on the move again, though now we were running as fast as we could in our heavy encumbering armor. The artillery barrage was still going strong in the background and rubble met us at every turn, along with corpses, men woman and children, I didn’t realize at the time, and was glad later that my goggles could not show me the true horrors of that siege.

“Julien! Get your satchel charge set against this pillar! Pavlos put one by each of the next two pillars! Jason take Jaquob’s charges and set ‘em up by the wall, same for everyone else with charges left! Up against the wall!”

We were standing by a sewage exit in the city, right at the edge of its walls, it led into a small stream which then led into a river and eventually the sea, but currently outside it, on the other side of the iron grates were several tens of the Doge’s Elite, patiently awaiting the opening in the wall.

“Stand back! Jason, light the main fuse,” The captain looked around for any signs of movement, finding the musketeers of Miana trundling down the rubble heaps towards them, “Take cover!”

Jason managed to light the fuse in time but not much more, he was shot dead before he could find cover, Jaquob who had been left leaning against a wall had his leather face-guard pierced by iron pellets several times and Two others had been badly injured, that just left me, the captain and Pavlos to keep the fuse going. The iron bands of the sewer were too tight to allow a pellet through, and too thick, so there was no way of our fellow squads to aid us, we just had to fight a ground keeping action for a while.

I stood behind a small pile of bricks, about half my height were I standing, I couldn’t see the captain, though his shouting gave me a good idea, and Pavlos was trembling inside a large crater left by artillery nearby the sewer grate, muttering in his native tongue.

“Julien! Now!”

I jumped, I had no idea what the Captain was talking about so I took a look round the corner. The captain was running towards Pavlos out in the open, four musketeers were chasing after him, swords drawn while another four or five were trying to gun him down.

“Pavlos! Give the Captain some cover!”

Pavlos finished muttering something and switched to shouting obscenities at the Miana soldiers as they came.

The Captain managed to outrun the metal armored musketeers, but one of the gunners shot him in the leg. I kept firing as fast as I could at the attackers while the Captain limped his way towards the crater. I saw one with a sword running too close to the captain, then I saw him jump slightly and run towards the sewer tunnel.

“Captain! They know about the satchels!” The fuse was barely half-way through yet and the Mianen was already rushing to put it out.
“Pavlov! Shoot him down! I’ll get those buggers with the guns.”

I was stumped as to what to do, help the captain or shoot the runner, I decided to help the captain since Pavlos was a good shot.

“Aha! Ripped yer leg string there didn’t ah ye M’yanan!”
“Just shoot th*argh!*”
“Captain!”

I rushed up from my hiding place towards the crater, the captain was lying on his back, blood seeping from his tunic.

“Julien, get that dirty son of…right … there for me will you?” With that he passed out, not so much as a pleading of a painless death, or screaming like there’s no tomorrow, just a small favour.

“Julie! I got that M’yanan but he’s taken oot the fyuse, and its so low that whoever lights it ain’t gonna be makin’ it to the party if you knows what I mean?”
“Nevermind that, just help me take out those guys on top of the rubble there, then we can worry about the fuse.”

The fighting was short but furious, but what I didn’t notice however was the captain sneaking away from the crater, I only realized when a boom sent me flying head first over the crater’s edge.

“Uhn… Pavlos? Captain? Are you okay?” It was becoming increasingly hard to hear much as the Doge’s Elite charged through the gap, and drew in the Miana militia with their noise.
“Julie, I think the cap’n, he went boom”
I gazed in wonderment at the hole in the wall, “You sure Pavlos?”
“Yes I find ‘is body on top of me.”
I rolled over to see Pavlos with a misshapen carcass lying over him, unmoving, so that’s what the price of victory is, defeat in many more places.

We never found the bodies of the others from when the artillery barrage started, but the ones who were with us at the grate we buried inside, in an old graveyard we found, there was no time to carve out gravestones, so we had to settle for sticking each’s rapier into the ground above their resting place and the strip of orange around their elbow which carried their name on it.

Me an Pavlos received medals of bravery and the odd pat on the back, but nothing could pay for what we lost that day.

hope you guys like it, though i was quite tired and it was long so i apolagise in advance for spelling mistakes/spelling names wrong or something @_@

...|\/\////<_/\==/\====/\==/\_>\\\\/\/|...
.../<Storm]]>Storm-legion<[[Winds>\...
...\__/\\\\<_\/==\/====\/==\/_>////\__/...
...\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////...

[This message has been edited by storm legion (edited 05-26-2006 @ 11:18 PM).]