Moderated by Aurilux

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Instructions For Manually Patching Rise of Legends
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6  Next Page »
posted 07-23-08 09:38 AM EDT (US)   
Instructions For Manually Patching Rise of Legends

PLEASE NOTE: The re-released DVD version of the game from 2010 is already patched.
If you buy the single disc DVD version you do not need to patch the game.

It appears the Rise of Legends patch server has been shut down leaving a lot of people with a problem.
The patches for ROL have been uploaded on some online file storage services.

To check if your copy is fully patched, load up the game and check on the main menu to see what version number you have.
If the number is 0.0704.1001.0000 or 0.0704.1001.0000.13.0 then your game is updated.

USA Patches For Rise of Legends

Download at HG
Download at Moddb

European Patches For Rise of Legends

Download at HG
Download at Moddb

If you still have trouble installing the patches, you can also try the Rise of Legends 2.5 Patch auto-install exe at Game Pressure and let us know below if it works.

Modpack.exe and More Modding Tools for Rise of Legends

Modpack.exe comes with one of the patches and is needed if you want to modify the game.
The file is normally found in the Rise Of Legends main folder ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Rise Of Legends" if the game is installed using the default path on an English language computer).
If you are unable to locate the file on your computer, you can download it here:

Download at HG
Download at Moddb

Discuss modding ROL here
List of ROL Files and Programs For Modding here
ROL Modding history for interested programmers and modders here

Instructions and More Info About Patching Rise of Legends

Youtube video tutorial on manually patching the game here

USA Patch Instructions Readme:

After downloading the rar file, unzip it and follow these instructions:

1. Place the folder "patches" in the "Rise Of Legends" main folder.
2. Move the file "US_patch_manual.bat" to the "Rise of Legends" main folder.
3. Run the file "US_patch_manual.bat" by double clicking it.
4. Load up the game and check on the main menu to see what version number you have,
if the number is 0.0704.1001.0000 or 0.0704.1001.0000.13.0 then you have successfully installed the patches.

You might have to run the .bat file in Administrator mode.
You also might have to disable any antivirus programs before running the .bat file.

In Windows Vista you might have to make sure the "Rise Of Legends" folder including subfolders are not "read only".

To check this right click the "Rise of Legends" folder and select "Properties".
If necessary remove the check mark at "read only" and tell it to turn off "read only" for all subsequent folders.

European Patch Instructions Readme:

After downloading the rar file, unzip it and follow these instructions:

1. Place the folder "patches" in the "Rise Of Legends" main folder.
2. Move the file "patch_manual.bat" to the "Rise of Legends" main folder.
3. Run the file "patch_manual.bat" by double clicking it.
4. Load up the game and check on the main menu to see what version number you have,
if the number is 0.0704.1001.0000 or 0.0704.1001.0000.13.0 then you have successfully installed the patches.

You might have to run the .bat file in Administrator mode.
You also might have to disable any antivirus programs before running the .bat file.

In Windows Vista you might have to make sure the "Rise Of Legends" folder including subfolders are not "read only".

To check this right click the "Rise of Legends" folder and select "Properties".
If necessary remove the check mark at "read only" and tell it to turn off "read only" for all subsequent folders.

Read more patch info in section #9 Tech Support and Patch Instructions here

Read the patch history change log (list of changes in each patch) here.

User Patch Project

Rise of Legends needs a User Patch project, please read about the user patches for AOE1 and AOE2 to get an idea about this type of project.

If you are a programmer and/or modder interested in working on a ROL User Patch project, please read more and post in the Modding Forum here.

Hopefully the above is of help to you, please post any questions and comments below:

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 07-25-2019 @ 03:09 PM).]

Replies:
posted 09-17-13 10:20 AM EDT (US)     101 / 131  
I had to pitch in and add my thanks for keeping this thread going for so long. I recently revisited this game and found it better than some new RTS games. I just wish there was a no-cd patch for available for the latest version - it feels so archaic having to install a disc each time in this age of Steam et al.

I am running Win8 x64 and all I had to do is copy all the patches to the patches folder, open an elevated command prompt and run the .bat file (I have the euro version) and it all worked, no extra work at all.

Thanks again.

"Don't mention the war!"
posted 09-17-13 11:57 AM EDT (US)     102 / 131  
No-CD patches are illegal unless they are created by the copy-right holder of a game.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
posted 11-19-13 11:54 PM EDT (US)     103 / 131  
Hey all,

I have uploaded easier patch downloads to the Rise of Legends page at Mod Database here:

Download Usa patches @ Mod Database
Download European patches @ Mod Database

There is no need to download both, all needed files are for each specific version and include a readme file.

This should help instead of using filesharing links that may expire or take too long.

Also, these patches are for the original 2006 2xCD version of Rise of Legends. If you want to avoid any patch and maybe other problems, buy the 2010 DVD re-release on Amazon, Ebay, etc. The DVD version is Usa (English only), but if you search you may find more language versions if they have been made.

Hope this helps! and don't forget to check out Motter's expansion and mods in the downloads area.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 12-05-2013 @ 07:13 PM).]

posted 11-20-13 01:53 AM EDT (US)     104 / 131  
Is it okay if I copy those two links to the OP?

posted 11-20-13 01:26 PM EDT (US)     105 / 131  
Yeah PCDania! That's why I did it, to make things easier. I had a quick question though - I submitted a review for Motter's expansion yesterday and it looks like it needs approval as well. The skirmish mappack still hasn't shown up in the downloads area after more than a week. There's more stuff we'd like to upload so maybe if someone can look out for this site more frequently that would be appreciated.
posted 11-20-13 05:16 PM EDT (US)     106 / 131  
Thanks. I could have simply added your links but find it's nicer to ask first.

Elrich should contact you within not too long. He should be able to help you out with approving your uploads.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 11-20-2013 @ 05:16 PM).]

posted 11-25-13 09:16 PM EDT (US)     107 / 131  
thank you, thank you, thank you!
posted 12-12-13 12:40 PM EDT (US)     108 / 131  
Hi!

Nice work PcDania on the updates on how to fix these prblms...
Ive installed the patches and the modpack as u described it....but hen i try to launch the game i just get the mssg "RoL has stopped working etc".....theres no need to say that im stuck....any ideas?

ive updated my intel and nvidia graphic drivers and im running win 7 home premium.....all my other games works fine....

help would be greatly appreciated
posted 12-12-13 06:33 PM EDT (US)     109 / 131  
Hey Leifern - I don't know what would definitely work but maybe reinstalling? Sometimes it's good not to install and update everything at once - so installing first and then loading the game to set the settings and launch a few test games. After that close the game, restart the computer or put in the patch files and load the game again to test.

Sometimes other games and computer settings also interfere - I once installed a game that rearranged files on my computer after it was installed. I later looked online and this was a common problem for others. So setting a system restore point before installing anything is a good idea.

Play-testing the game without the modpack might be a good idea. Installing the modpack later is always an option. If none of this works another guess is to buy the 2010 dvd version because that includes the patches already so there's no patch problems. I play from the dvd version and things are smooth for the most part besides occasional skips.

This might not help so maybe others will have some ideas too.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 12-12-2013 @ 06:36 PM).]

posted 01-28-14 06:17 PM EDT (US)     110 / 131  
Hey so after year of inactivity i decided to try out rise of legends again, and followed the instructions regarding updating it to the current patch but im having trouble figuring out what im doing wrong. I copied all the files into a folder called patches and then ran the us patch bat in administrator after tunring of the UAC, but still my game is in the vanilla version. Any ideas on how i get get it up to speed? (that is, if there's anyone left on these forums)
posted 01-29-14 02:16 AM EDT (US)     111 / 131  
What operating system do you have?

Are you sure your version of the game needs to be patched? The DVD version from 2010 is pre-patched.

Have you tried disabling your antivirus program?

Have you checked that the Rise of Legends folder is not Read Only?

Did you place the "patches" folder in the Rise of Legends folder?

Did you place the .bat file in the Rise of Legends folder?

The US version of the game requires both the US and EU patches if you downloaded from Rapidshare or ZippyShare. The US patch at Mod Database should contain all patches.

The patches works correctly on my Win7 Ultimate 64-bit computer.

posted 01-29-14 01:23 PM EDT (US)     112 / 131  
I currently have win8 64 bit

Yes I'm sure, its the 4 CD version and at the bottom corner of the game menu it says 0.0604.1602.0000

I tried disabling the antivirus, but im not entirely sure how to do that with windows defender. As a poor subsitute i turned off my internet first and then disabled the firewall, so my problem might be there

I changed it so it's not read only

and i made sure to put the files in all the right places.

Should i uninstall and try again?
posted 01-29-14 05:04 PM EDT (US)     113 / 131  
You could try log onto Win8 using the Administrator account, disable UAC and your Antivirus and then try again running the .bat file. I think the basic problem is you are running Win8.

You can see here how to enable and disable the building Administrator account in Win8:
eightforums.com

posted 02-03-14 10:49 AM EDT (US)     114 / 131  
Thanks! Enabling the built-in administrator was really what did the trick for me, and i assume it would for other windows 8 users. Thanks for the quick response on such a neglected topic
posted 06-19-14 08:59 AM EDT (US)     115 / 131  
@MrFawlty

I would be able to assist, just a pity that one can't send PMs here on these forums
posted 06-19-14 09:18 AM EDT (US)     116 / 131  
@Ston3Cold

If you mean providing no-cd patches then it is a failsafe way of getting banned. It would be much easier for me if you just ask to get banned, much less paperwork for me.

posted 06-20-14 10:36 AM EDT (US)     117 / 131  
My apologies PCDania, I do not wish to transgress any rules, so I'll behave myself from here on further.
posted 06-20-14 11:37 AM EDT (US)     118 / 131  
If you ever need a refresher of the rules, then you can find the link under the logo to the upper left.

posted 10-08-16 11:08 PM EDT (US)     119 / 131  
Thread unarchived, ready for replies
posted 01-27-17 08:10 AM EDT (US)     120 / 131  
Hey,
after some time i wanted to play RoL again and installed it and had to patch. I downloaded the european patches and put them into the main directory and run the patch_batch in the main directory, but it somehow doesnt install all patches. the file starts and ask me then to install something about 11 times. ingame my version is at 0.06004.2001. I have Win 7.

Greetings
Deadworker

Edit: Solved it, found a youtube video showing how to manualy start the batch file with the cmd. youtube video name is "Updating Rise of Legends Manually - Updated".

[This message has been edited by Deadworker (edited 01-27-2017 @ 08:34 AM).]

posted 01-27-17 10:37 AM EDT (US)     121 / 131  
Thanks for sharing that tip, Deadworker!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
posted 01-28-17 04:18 PM EDT (US)     122 / 131  
I have updated the original patch post above, if you have any questions and comments post them below:
posted 04-17-17 08:06 PM EDT (US)     123 / 131  
I gave a try with the Rise of Nations 2.5 Patch auto-install exe from Game Pressure and it worked fine for me on Windows 10 If the other manual patches didn't worked for you, you can try with it

[This message has been edited by Palm777 (edited 04-17-2017 @ 08:08 PM).]

posted 11-23-17 09:30 PM EDT (US)     124 / 131  
Is there any other way of getting a copy of this game? I'm from Brazil and if I want to buy from Amazon it would cost me around $100... Is there any way of downloading the game? Thx =D
posted 11-24-17 02:37 AM EDT (US)     125 / 131  
@ lighto

There is no legal download for ROL yet, maybe in the future.

Are you looking for the English or Portuguese version?
I did a search online and ]here is a online store in Brazil that carries the Portuguese version.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 11-24-2017 @ 02:38 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6  Next Page »
Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » Tech Support » Instructions For Manually Patching Rise of Legends
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames