Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by Aurilux

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: All Heroes, Buildings, Units, Spells & Techs List
posted 11-22-13 08:03 PM EDT (US)   
Here's a list of all the Vinci, Alin, Cuotl and Kahan buildings, units and heroes that I could find in the game (skirmish and campaign) and the scenario editor. There are probably some more hidden things that Motter uncovered (such as the Pirata Base) which I couldn't find in the editor so anything missing can be updated here.

Missing is a list of all the spells, techs and upgrades as I'm working on it.

Some of the units upgrade from Improved to Super and so on, so I listed them as Improved/Super/Pirata Flyer for example to cover all 3 versions in that example. Others have 2 different names but are the same building or unit.

So this list can be used as reference when playing the game and for any projects. If anyone has any questions, additions, etc then feel free to post them below.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 11-24-2013 @ 08:46 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-22-13 08:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11  
All Heroes, Buildings, Units, Spells & Techs List

1 Vinci
2 Alin
3 Cuotl
4 Kahan
5 Unknown

1 Vinci

Heroes
Giacomo (Inventor of Miana)
Petruzzo (Lord of Miana)*
Carlini (General/Sergeant of Miana)
Marco (Captain of Miana/Captain of the Guards)*
Marco (Merchant of Silea)
Battaglion (The Siege General)
Lenora (Pirata Captain/Princess of Pirata)
Leopoldo (Prince of Pirata)*
Martini (Pirata Warlord)*
Venza (Commander/Lieutenant of Pirata)
Distruzio (The Wayward Prodigy/Clockwork Captain) with Zeke (The Robot)
Alessadri (The Doge/Ruler of Venucci)
Pulitore (The Chicken Rider/Vinci Alchemist)
Mauricio (Prison Warden of Dirsi)
Sclario (Don of Feligno)
Rocco (Lord of the Wasteland/Piavasso)
Dante (Rogue Viscount of Tarona)
Giancarlo (Baron of Umberto)

Dirsi prisoners:
Paolo (Praetor of Venucci)
Isaia (Censor of Venucci)
Marco (Quaestor of Venucci)
Giovanni (Tribune of Venucci)
Poli (Master of Munitions)

*=not available in campaign/skirmish game

Buildings
Skirmish Buildings
City
Large City
Great City
Military District
Merchant District
Industrial District
Palace District 1
Palace District 2
Improved/Mine
Prototype Factory
Improved/Barracks
Aerodrome
Improved/Defense Tower
Super/Steam Fortress
Research Lab:
Borehole
Telescope
Nullifier
Calculator
Bunker Fort
Glorious Statue
Doomcannon
Timonium Smelter

Scenario Editor/Other Buildings
Clockwork Scrapyard
Miana Palace
Imperial Observatory
Zeke's Laboratory
Mining Complex
3 Timonium Mines
Housing District
4 Small Houses
Alchemy Lab/Workshop
Engraver/Mint
Mining Company/Operation
Inn/Meeting House
Power Plant
Ammo Depot
Condottieri Outpost
Desert Outrigger Camp
Padonia Smelter
Pulse Cannon
Doge's Hammer
Doge Square
Condottieri Castle
Pirata City
Sky Crusher
Small Neutral City
Condottieri Barracks/Heretic Outpost

Units
Skirmish Units
Vinci Walker
Armed/Caravan
Armed/Miner
Clockwork Miner
Clockwork Foreman
Improved/Heavy/Cargo Dirigible
Imperial Musketeers/Grenadiers/Fusiliers
Renegade Musketeers
Super/Clockwork Man
Clockwork Sniper
Heavy/Clockwork Spider
Burrowing Spider
Super/Steam Cannon
Ultra/Juggernaut
Land/King Leviathan
Scout/Improved/Super/Ultra Flyer
Spy Scout
Gun Flyer
Improved/Super/Pirata Flyer
Air Destroyer/Cruiser
Siege Zeppelin

Scenario Editor/Other Units
Vinci Scientist
Prototype/Laser Tank
Elite/Doge Guards
Doge Walker
Super/Doge Cannon or Rocket Launcher
Demolition Truck
Venucci Guards
Vinci Lord
Chicken Rider
Heavy/Demolition Clockwork Man
Gun/Bomb/Air Mine Drone
Condottieri Soldiers
Condottieri Knight
Condottieri Dragoon
Condottieri Cannon
Scavenger Grunt/Clockwork Man
Scavenger Clockwork Miner
Scavenger Spider
Scavenger Flyer
Scavenger Boss
Pirata Base
Heavy/Supply Truck

2 Alin

Heroes
Giacomo (Desert Warrior)
Dahkla (The Sand Warden)
Belisari (Queen of the Desert)
Damanhur (The Desert Flame)
Arri (The Glass Hunter)
Andromolek (The Dark Prince)
Avaris (The Alin Genie)
Acerbus (The Mystic, with The Relic)
Sawu (The Dark Alin/Lord of Mezekesh)
Marwan (The Dark Alin)
Theben (The Dark Alin)
Memphis (The Dark Alin)
Kharga (The Dark Alin)
Mendes (The Dark Alin)
Baharya (The Dark Alin)
Buto (The Dark Alin)

Buildings
Skirmish Buildings
City
Large City
Great City
Military District
Merchant District
Magus District
Palace District 1
Palace District 2
Mystic/Enchanted/Spirit/Mine
Sand Spire
Eternal Flame
Glass Citadel
Circle of Sand
Circle of Fire
Circle of Glass

Sand Citadel
Fire Citadel
Dark Spire
Glass Lair
Juvenile/Adult/Elder Salamander Nest
Lush/Oasis
Trading Post
Trading Center
Greater Vault
Treasure Hoard/Stash
4 Small Houses
Small Neutral City
Lesser/Greater/Idol

Units
Skirmish Units
Puzzlebox/Magic Wind/Whirlwind
Alin Walker
Alin Single Walker
Base Cloak/Shield Unit
Spirit Miner
Caravan
Desert Walkers
Heartseeker
Scorpion
Rukh
Afreet
Fire Elemental
Fire Scout
Juvenile/Adult/Elder Salamander
Marid
Glass Spider
Glass Heartseeker
Adult/Elder/Glass Golem
Glass Cannon
Elder/Glass Dragon

Narr Saghir
Armored Manta
Magi
Sand Manta
Sand Horror
Dune Manta
Dune Seekers
Dune Scorpion
Thuran (The Sky Inferno)
Lava Shrike
Fire Golem
Master Fire Golem
Lava Spider
Molten Afreet
Queen Salamander
Wild Juvenile/Adult/Elder Salamander
Dark Genie
Dark Walkers
Glass Scorpion
Glass Horror
Bazek (The Spider Queen)
Elder/Giant Spider

3 Cuotl

Heroes
Czin (God of Death)
Shok (Goddess of Storm)
Xil (The Sun God)
Ix (The Moon God)
Yontash (The Spiritchief)
Kakoolha (King of the Cuotl)
Giacomo (The Moon God)

Buildings
Skirmish Buildings
City
Large City
Great City
Military District
Reactor District
Holy District
Palace District 1
Palace District 2
Improved/Improved Energy/Mine
Fane
Temple
Sanctuary
Obelisk

Great Temple
False Idol
Fallen Refuge
Dish Center
Moon Core
Moon Temple
Death Temple
Rain Temple
Dish Entrance/Pantheon
Dish Gate
Dish Power Node
Dish Hatch/Dish Turret/Turret
Crypt of Knowledge
Eye of the Gods
Great/Sepulcher
Great/Shrine
Great/Transmuter
Mausoleum/Reliquary
Stolen Artifact
Matter Converter
Small Neutral City

Units
Skirmish Units
Cuotl Walker
Miner
Blazing/Scout Eye
Holy Ark
High Priest
Guardians/Defenders/Sentinels
Death Sphere
Elite/Death Snake
Eagle Bomber
Veteran/Elite/Quetzal Fighter
Elite/Storm Disk
Veteran/Elite/Sun Jaguar
Elite/Sun Cannon
Elite/Sun Idol
Great/City of Vengeance

Caravan
Moon Gorilla
Moon Sentinel
Fallen Idol
Fallen Sentinels
Fallen Warriors
Fallen Snake
Fallen Priest
Fallen Jaguar
Unholy Ark
Siege Elephant
Kuk Fighter Bomber

4 Kahan

Heroes
Kaighra*
Belg (The Ogre King?)*

*=not available in skirmish/game

Buildings
Camp/Stockade
Cave
Shaman/Spirit Stones

Units
Kahan Walker
Barbarians
Berserkers
Berserker Rider
Spiritchief
Cave Bat/Cave Drake

5 Unknown

Typename Buildingrules
BaseTower
BaseFort
BaseGate = looks like there may have been walls and gates?

Farm ver A
Farm ver B
Farm ver C
Farm ver D = these may be the "farms" in the scenario editor which are just tiny houses

Typename Craftrules
Fire Gate = ?
Short Circuit / Short Circuit MP = ?
Thunder Clap = a Cuotl spell?

|~15686586~| Land = ?

Poof a Sun Jaguar
Poof a Death Snake
Poof a Sun Idol = poof meaning kill or something else?

Battery
Execrate
Convert = maybe Cuotl spells?

Repairs / Arctic Wind2
Bracing Wind / Arctic Wind = maybe a Skald or Kahan power?

Forest Buff = ?

Buy / Buy Materials
Sell / Sell Materials
Buy / Buy Materials2
Sell / Sell Materials2 = maybe there was a market idea, as only the Vinci calculator can buy/sell in the game

Rise from Minefield = ?
Harpoon = ?
Grow Strip Mine = a Vinci spell ?
Suicide = ?
Anti-Magic Shell = ?
War Flag = ?
Overkill / Focus Fire = ?
Split Tribe = ?
Air Strike = ?
Hail Storm = ?
Wall of Ice = a Skald spell?
Smoke Form = ?
Steam Bombardment = a Vinci spell?
Steam Cloud = a Vinci spell?
Resist Magic = ?
Time Twister = a Cuotl spell?
Oil Slick / Oil Slick Knockdown = a Vinci spell?

Crow Form
Wolf Form
Frost Giant Form
Unmorph = sounds like a Skald unit's spells

Close Gate
Open Gate = again maybe there were walls and gates planned

Minefield = maybe there were mines and minefields planned for the game
Summon Wildlife = a summoning spell to attract or call upon wildlife?

Typename Techrules
Great City / Stimdust Bonus = ?

Typename Unitrules
Pirata Base = a Vinci unit as seen in Motter's mods

Magi / Magus Grunt
Magi / Magus Burn
Magi / Magus Stun = Alin units as seen in Motter's mods

Lava Spider = an Alin unit as seen in Motter's mods
Chicken Rider / Chicken Rider Summoned = a Vinci unit as seen in Motter's mods
OLD_The Doge, Alessadri of Venucci / old_The Doge, Alessadri of Venucci = maybe an older version of the Doge?
Berserker High = another unseen Kahan unit?
Frankenstein = horror unit for Skald/Kahan/Vinci/unknown?
Log = lol, a wooden log?
Wolfman = horror unit for Skald/Kahan/Vinci/unknown?
Dracula = horror unit for Skald/Kahan/Vinci/unknown?
Condottieri Swordsman = Condottieri knights
Mikes Spell / RIDER_big_spell = ?

Snow Owl = ?
Tern = ?
Wild Bird = ?
Flock Bird = ?
Gull Bird = ?
Farm Pig = ?
Farm Chicken = a lot of unseen animals/wildlife/fauna
Herd Horse
Herd Sheep
Herd Bison
Herd Bear
Herd Fish
Herd Whales
Herd Peacock = herds of wildlife? (this looks related to a Rise of Nations thing)

Other
Fireswarm = ?
Magic Bottle = Alin Magic Wind?
Terracota Clockwork Man = just a usual clockworkman says Motter
Skybox = maybe Alin Puzzlebox in the air?
Town Hall = Vinci Meeting House?
Heretic Hideaway = Cuotl Fallen Refuge

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 06-21-2019 @ 08:33 AM).]

posted 11-23-13 06:29 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
"Scenario Editor/Other Units
Armored Manta
Sand Manta"

This is probably gonna sound very very stupid but... I swear to god I've never come across either of those o.O

"Moon Sentinel"

I think there's "Moon *everything" in there, pretty sure I've seen Moon Jaguars. They're all the same, just renamed.

"4 Kahan

Shaman/Spirit Stones"

I had never thought about it, but now that you mention it, it does make sense that Yontash and the stones are Kahan.
Btw, has anyone ever noticed that the Kahan Cave says it spawns a 'Cave Drake' but it's actually a 'Cave Bat'? What's up with that? Last-minute change or just something they overlooked?

"Terracota Clockwork Man"

Oh, this I gotta see. Where in the editor can I find it?

"Heretic Hideaway = Fallen Refuge?"

Yes, Heretic Hideaway is the Fallen Refuge's "ID", I noticed going through one of the files (when I was trying to learn how to "mod", gave up on that lol).
posted 11-23-13 01:57 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
Hey Devilloc,

Not stupid at all - look in the scenario editor and you'll find these 2 in Units - Tribe: Alin

Armored Manta = looks like Belisari/Sand Manta but without a rider on it
Sand Manta = looks exactly like Belisari

Yeah I could tell there was something about Yontash and the Berserkers that didn't quite fit when I played the game. Also in the campaign menu Yontash's description is "Yontash is a mystic from beyond the Cuotl jungle." So beyond the jungle up north are the Beastlands, possibly the Kahan's territory. It could be that the developers ran out of time and content or you could also say that Yontash, like Giacomo, made a journey himself and ended up in the Cuotl jungle too.

Terracota Clockwork Man = this is not in the editor but is in Data/Tribes/condottieri. You can find it in many other files, it's in the main "Armies - Neutrals" list which appears in a lot of files. I don't know if this unit actually exists to be seen and used though.

All of the "unknown" list is intriguing, not sure how the first 3 "horror" units would have fit into the game for example and I wonder how much of the unknown stuff is actually in the game and can be seen in game? I'm looking through the files and am interested in learning modding but I can see how it becomes a headache looking through all that black and white text.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 11-23-2013 @ 02:08 PM).]

posted 11-23-13 04:15 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
Armored Manta is a background animal, you can see it on Alin maps.
posted 11-24-13 05:21 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
Many of the units like Dracula, Wolfman, are just high-poly models and are not ever used in the game. Some of those units I made up myself, this is something done quite a bit in the CTW, several units are really not unique units, they are just existing units that are given some modifications, sometimes not even that, sometimes all they do is give them a new name.

I ignored most of them, I only try to stick with units/builds/spells that had unique graphics, stats, etc as most of the copies are pretty lame since they are just the same thing with a different name. The Mantas are enabled for every nation but most of them are not used either except as background nature or as base models for Heartseekers and Belisari.

TerraCotta Clockworkman is the Clockwork Man who spawns at the Timonium Smelter, they took the "TerraCotta" from the wonder in RON that spawns infinite units.

[This message has been edited by motter28218 (edited 11-24-2013 @ 05:24 PM).]

posted 11-24-13 07:22 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
And here I was, hoping to see a clockwork version of this: http://www.decogallery.biz/images/TerraCottaSoldier.png xD
posted 11-24-13 09:04 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
Thanks for the info Motter. I've wondered which of all the rts games have the best editors for making new maps, units, heroes, buildings, campaigns, etc? It seems some games are easier to mod than others. I haven't tried StarCraft 2 yet but read about its editor. It would be easier if the editor itself was a program that had features such as "Create Your Own Hero", unit, etc.

I've started looking through the xml and other files and would like to learn how to mod this game but I'm unsure how far I'll get - any recommendations besides reading all the mod guides around? I know you also did modding for RON so that probably helps having that background. Besides making lists I like to create maps which is another art to itself - but without knowledge of scripting even a good map at the best can just be used for a skirmish if you don't know how to do more and the game itself is a hindrance instead of a vehicle for more.

Not to "give you more work" but with your insiders perspective it would be helpful to know what exactly in ROL is a problem, what can be fixed if only somebody would, what's doable, and how to do some things - basically a review of how moddable the game is. I'd be interested in learning and would post that around so any other prospective modders could get a better idea. Just another thought!

I'm waiting for my 2 reviews to get approved and working on a spells/techs/upgrades list so the more info we have organized then maybe it'll be easier to try new things.
posted 11-25-13 04:30 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11  
Well, I've given pointers here and there but I'm not certain how exactly to teach someone to mod, I've been doing it for so long between this game, RON, and all the Age of Empires games that I just kinda have a "feel" for it, obviously every game is unique, but mostly all I can say is I just dive in and believe me I make tons of mistakes, have tons of failures, but when one thing fails I try another way and another till I eventually get it.

Many things just become routine since you will do them so many times. I would guess the best way would be if you have something specific in mind I could get you started on it, and I know that looking at the .xml files it seems overwhelming, but like I say, after you've done a few things it gets to be memorization and those files "shrink" quite a bit.

The mod guides are an OK place to start however unlike RON there is not a full list of script commands and even the one's they do give have very poor descriptions of what they do, so I really had to do a lot of guess work to figure them out, and some I still don't know which is why it would be great to talk to some of the games designers. I tried contacting the names you listed, so far no replies.

As for mapmaking, sadly that is a pain in ROL, not sure why they didn't have a random generator like they did in RON but if you want to make a map you literally have to build it from scratch, which is likely why there are so few fan made maps out there for this game.

If you want to get started I would say try to enable Venza, she is one of the easier heroes to enable, or maybe if you want to start even smaller you could just try to enable a unit or building.
posted 11-25-13 08:03 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11  
Hey Motter I'm not sure exactly what I might be able to get good at (again just thinking out loud), but for example enabling the units that aren't in the scenario editor such as the Pirata Base - how was that done? It seems like enabling units already there would probably be easier than trying to create a new unit, re-skinning the graphics, etc.

I saw the unused Vinci heroes in the files too such as Leopoldo and Martini - would these be possible to "enable" or is there not enough data in the game to do so? Things like this I was thinking about would be a good thing to have a list of - the various unused features that are there in some form but not enabled.

I should probably post those kind of questions in the request thread if that's ok - not requests as in "somebody please do this in the game" but random questions and ideas just to see what the game could do/could have done, asking somebody more in the know such as yourself. Even a list of the script commands you managed to figure out might help or interest somebody - if you have the time and think it's worth it of course.

For example another random idea is how rts game editors can be used to create rpg-like scenarios and worlds within the main rts game, so there's the ability to make a unique hybrid game within the original game - sort of like playing a Diablo II style game but within an rts which can give you more options such as some occasional base building besides constant level grinding. Some rts games that have better modding support have conversion mods which almost seem like a new game.

That's the thing about Rol, it had a lot of potential if only there were more options and full modding. Even the people who instead wanted a RON2 would have then been able to do a total conversion mod for Rol if they wanted to. As of now the only way that may still happen is whoever buys the game rights next month so we'll have some sort of news in the coming months maybe. It might never happen but maybe I'll post up a thread for "what the remaining small group of fans would like to see in a possible Rol re-release" just for fun.

By the way I found 6 emails from the programmer list I posted, were you able to find all of these? If not let me know and I'll post them, but I'll try and contact them (again) myself soon.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 11-25-2013 @ 08:07 PM).]

posted 11-26-13 12:39 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11  
"but for example enabling the units that aren't in the scenario editor such as the Pirata Base - how was that done?"

I can show you how to do this, it's pretty easy, would be a good place to start.

"I saw the unused Vinci heroes in the files too such as Leopoldo and Martini - would these be possible to "enable" or is there not enough data in the game to do so?"

Are you referring to the Vinci tribe file? Those are just some of the leader names, there is no unit data in any of the files, but certainly yes you could create them.

"Even a list of the script commands you managed to figure out might help or interest somebody - if you have the time and think it's worth it of course."

When I get done with my nations mod I could likely do this, we'll see, would be a lot of work, but I could do more a basics type thing, just some of the commands that are most used/useful.

"For example another random idea is how rts game editors can be used to create rpg-like scenarios and worlds within the main rts game, so there's the ability to make a unique hybrid game within the original game - sort of like playing a Diablo II style game but within an rts which can give you more options such as some occasional base building besides constant level grinding. Some rts games that have better modding support have conversion mods which almost seem like a new game."

This I have no idea, I know there these types of crossovers out there but it's not something I was ever to interested in doing, since there is so little interest in this game it will likely be hard to find anyone who would want to take this on.

I think I already spoke on this before so if I'm repeating myself sorry, but in RON they had the graphics xml file available as well as all the .tga files, I have found those files but they are compressed in the .big files I don't know how to extract them. I really never messed with graphics much anyway, there are several people who modded graphics for RON tho who might be able to help you out, however as I say they'd first have to find someone to extract the files.

"By the way I found 6 emails from the programmer list I posted, were you able to find all of these? If not let me know and I'll post them, but I'll try and contact them (again) myself soon."

Tried all the one's you listed, some of them the E-mail is not longer valid, I know Doug's is not. I imagine most of them have moved on to other things, but I'll keep trying as well.
posted 11-26-13 08:25 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11  
Don't worry about showing how to enable the units yet as I know you're busy working on the subnations mod. I'm just putting out any ideas even though there's low activity on Rol sites.

Leopoldo I see in tribes/ctw/pirata and Martini in tribes/ctw/unallied pirata and wondered if they could be enabled as was Petruzzo, or not because there's not enough data to do so.

The rpg idea - I think it would be too complicated to do something like Diablo II, that was more of a reference. So an example scenario would be a big map with multiple locations as a single hero you could explore. (In skirmish mode you can communicate with the ai and give the ai resources or a unit/site, so maybe this system could be used in the rpg.) Also some scripting would be needed for each map area's triggers, and to receive resources after you eliminate an enemy for example. There would be a main goal such as a city to conquer/enemy boss to destroy but for the most part you could explore and do side quests. I think it could be doable in Rol currently but it would be a lot of work. I've seen similar concepts in other rts games like AOE 2 and Age of Mythology but those are easier to mod and more popular.

I downloaded Dragon Unpacker and FinalBig but can't seem to get them to extract anything from a random selection of big files. This reminds me of when I tried to extract the cutscene videos a while back from the .bik files which didn't work. I gave up and a few years later someone uploaded them on youtube, maybe they figured it out or captured the video some other way. Maybe I'm not using the programs correctly so I'll try again, or maybe posting a question somewhere might help.

I see my review got posted, it has some errors I'll fix soon.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 11-26-2013 @ 08:33 PM).]

Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » All Heroes, Buildings, Units, Spells & Techs List
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames