Rise of Legends Heaven

An Epic Battle Between Magic and Technology!

Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Game Modifications
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Browse Categories
New Files

Download File

Removed

Author File Description
motter28218 This mod has been combined with my "Nations and Campaign" mod and is no longer available.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Deadworker WOW!!!!
i waited so long for this and now it finally came. Nice to see you coming back with this and thank you very much, is it compatible with your expansion mod? or the same?

Greetings,
Deadworker.
motter28218
File Author
No it won't work with the expansion mod because they both contain many of the same files with differences in each file. It has most of the units the expansion had plus many more.
alincarpetman
Staff
Hi Motter, thanks a lot for this mod!! I'm definitely gonna look into it soon when I get a chance.

[Edited on 10/24/13 @ 07:40 PM]

Deadworker something you could maybe add to the mod os the buildable fallen-home with the couatl and also all the fallen units in it buildable. would be awesome if you could add it

greetings,Deadworker
motter28218
File Author
I can do that. I will be busy with work the next 3 days, so maybe by Wednesday. Before I do let me make sure I get the units you want, here are the Fallen units:

Fallen Sentinels
Fallen Jaguar
Fallen Snake
Fallen Idol
Fallen Priest
Fallen Warriors

I can put them all in there, or if some you don't want, let me know.
Deadworker yeah i think those are all, would be just nice to play the fallen with their heroes ;)
HD_Spectrum How exactly does the mod alter the CTW campaign? This looks awesome and I will download it at some point, but if it seriously impacts the campaign, I would like to know, because I still enjoy playing the campaign, even all these years later.

Also, how does the AI in Quick Battles behave when this mod is installed? Do they behave the same as default, summoning one of the three normal heroes, and sometimes another of the first three? Or do they use the new CTW heroes? How does that work?
Devilloc I made an account just to comment on this mod, so that tells you how much it's appreciated, been waiting for something like this for quite a while.

I've played a couple skirmishes (mostly with the Cuotl) and the mod works perfectly with no freezes or crashes whatsoever.
Somethings I've noticed, however:
The AI doesn't seem to summon ANY of the new heroes, I'm not sure if it's a bug or just a coincidence so far.
Where's the cuotl Priest? I'm pretty sure I could create those at the Fane but they're not there anymore (sorry if I'm wrong, I hadn't played the game in like 3 years or so)

Like the above poster I too would like to know how this affects the campaign.

If anyone could make a list of the new units and features that'd be much appreciated because, honestly, most of the time I'm not sure if I'm seeing a previously unusable unit, or I just can't remember it since I hadn't played in so long.

Congratz on the great mod!
motter28218
File Author
To HD and Devil:

Thanks for the feedback. To answer your questions:

The AI currently will only primarily select the first hero in the array, then the 2nd and very rarely the 3rd, I have on my computer modded the AI to summon all the heroes in the array but having many heroes on the board all casting spells and such can slow the game down, so I decided not to script them for this mod.

Come back here tomorrow (11-7) and I will have an optional folder included in the download for people who want to try it out, if it slows down your game just go with the original mod.

For the Cuotl Priest - he was at a neutral site, the Fallen Refuge, if you see above I had a request to enable the Fallen Refuge with those units, so this to will be included in the update pack.

As for how it impacts the CTW campaign, well, don't want to bore everyone with my "nerd talk" but the hero powers level up through script files in the CTW, in regular skirmish they level up by you selecting and purchasing them which gives a certain amount of XP points which in turn levels up the hero, so I had to go in and mod each and every hero and their powers to play like the originals do in regular skirmish maps.

Because of this if you play the CTW campaign it's possible that you will be able to upgrade your heroes during the battle, I can adjust this in the .xml file but as I stated above it will be a lot of work. I honestly haven't played the entire campaign with this mod, only the first scenario and everything seemed OK, but I'm not sure.

[Edited on 11/06/13 @ 08:57 AM]

Devilloc I can see how having a lot of heroes at the same time could slow down the game.. We'll see. :)

As for the Cuotl Priest, the one at the Fallen Refuge is the Fallen Priest, I'm talking about the High Priest. I checked, he wasn't available in the original RoL, only in the 2.1 patch. See here:
http://www.wegame.com/games/rise-of-legends/rise-of-legends-patch/

* NEW UNIT! The High Priest has been added to the Cuotl Fane as a Large City Unit.

Could you add it back, if it's not too much trouble? If it is then don't bother, he's probably just a re-skin anyways. Heck, I can't even remember if it IS a re-skin, it might be the same unit with a different name.

As for the campaign, that doesn't sound like too much of a bad change, so I wouldn't bother adjusting it in the .xml file if I were you (others might disagree). I'll play a bit of the campaign tonight and see how it goes with the new changes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Artwork5.0
Playability4.0
Balance4.0