Rise of Legends Heaven

An Epic Battle Between Magic and Technology!

Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Game Modifications
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Browse Categories
New Files

Game Modifications » Nations and Heroes Mod Combined. Update 3-10-19 Bug Fixes

Download File

Nations and Heroes Mod Combined. Update 3-10-19 Bug Fixes

Author File Description
motter28218 3-18-19

Fixed issues with Campaign maps, Pirata Map and the Alim Belisari map were not uploaded with my previous file and were causing conflicts with the script. ****Thanks to moki25 for reporting it.

3-10-19

Fixed a bug with Czin that was preventing 2 of his spells from being used. *Thanks to Door1234 for catching that.

2-15-16

For those of you who are new to this mod it adds many new nations to the game as well as new units/techs/spells/builds. It also makes changes to CTW campaign so if you loved the game but have played it through and through here is a chance to try something different.

For those who aren't new, I finally did it, merged both of my mods so people don't have to switch out between them. You can now play both Quick Battles and the Campaign with the new Nations and new features.

There are some minor changes that I had to make in order to get them to work together, plus I also found a few new builds/units so some new surprises.

I also went ahead and made some more of the CTW nations playable in Quick Battle. I recommend people download AlinCarpetMans guide on enabling nations if you aren't already familiar with how to do it.

Thanks for downloading and I hope you enjoy it. Report any bugs or problems here, I do check in from time to time or maybe others can help.

Otter

10-15-14 Update Lots of stuff

-Finally figured out all Hero Bonuses so now Battaglion will increase building speed, Venza will summon faster and reduce cost of neutral sites, Yontash will push your borders and reduce spell cooldown times and Petruzzo will speed up unit production

-Got Dark Terror to work, play any of the Dark Alin nations (Dark Alin, Dark Prince, or Dark Genie) and it will automatically come on and cycle, you must play as the purple color as it was in the CTW campaign.

-Alin will have Desert Courage to counter Dark Terror.

-Scavengers now have prototype lab

-Defensive spells for the Sand Citadel, Fire Citadel, and Pirata City: without having access to the graphics files I had no way to make them fire like other forts, so I created an area spell around them, each is unique for each fort, so now they won't be defenseless anymore.

-enabled Oasis for Alin

-enabled Salamander Nest for Desert Monsters

-New Units at Zeke's Lab

-Pirata have some new ships

-I made scripts for all sub nations

-Got rid of error message for Venuccians at Prototype Lab

-Distruzio now gives the timonium bonus per level, not sure why I missed that before, sorry.

probably a few more little surprises I can't remember off hand, I couldn't get Ix Iface to work, I may keep trying but for now unless someone can figure out how to extract the graphics files this seems to be as far as I can go. Hope you all like it and sorry for so many updates but I'm learning as I go.

-Things I'm working on:
Fixing Ix's IFace
Making the AI smarter

**********9-17-2014 UPDATE************
-Fixed Memphis I-Face so it won't just show a black screen when you select him in a group.

-Few other minor fixes: Imperial Observatory was giving out research points and was only supposed to be giving wealth, some other small stuff.

Hello. This is my new mod that enables a total of 13 new playable nations. There are 4 mainline nations:

Venuccians
Desert Monsters
Dark Alin
Fallen

There is also a bonus folder containing nine additional sub-nations, just a note on the sub-nations: These nations are fully playable for you as the player, however, I did not write up scripts for them, sorry guys, but as much as I love this game I've been buried in it since October and I really just didn't feel like writing them all up, if someone else wants to that'd be great, but for now if you play against these nations the AI will not be fully effecient, it will still work, but likely won't do much research or upgrades.

This also will be the last I'm going to do on the game for awhile, so unfortunately I won't be taking any request on this mod, I may check in from time to time to see if anyone reports any major bugs, but apart from that the mod will be as it stands now. Hope you all enjoy it and thanks for playing.

Otter

Update 8-19-14

-Fixed several bugs with the Marid unit, as well as the Dominances.

-Subnations "Dark Genie" and "Dark Prince" had bugs that were fixed

-Upgrades are now added to the Doge's Guards, they will be weaker overall than Musketeers but cheaper, and as they level up will create faster.

- Carrying capacity for the Destroyer Transport was increased, still lower than the final upgrade for the Air Destroyer but much higher than the previous 5 unit limit.

- Some other minor issues, nothing that impacted gameplay, just certain techs available for nations that shouldn't have them.

Update 12-20-2013

-Fixed a bug that was preventing the Trading Post from being built

-Bug fix with Calculator for Venuccians

-Enabled Zeke's range attack so he is no longer helpless against flying units, he will now use his "machine gun" arm attack

-Berserkers have a new suprise

-Fixed a bug that created Zeke even if Distruzio hadn't died or leveled up

-Enabled War Elephants for Alim to keep with the usual RTS Arabians having Elephants theme

Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Stashmaniac Is this the latest and greates version of this mod?

I saw alot of submissions by motter but they all sound similar but are named differently.

They all seem to be new nations but I'm not sure if they are the same mod.

Also does this work for multiplayer? I like to make LAN parties and my friends love this game so I would like to know if this works for multiplayer.

Is there anything else I should download with this? Any patches or fixes?
alincarpetman
Staff
Stashmaniac - It is the latest version, a combination of the New Nations and All CTW Heroes and Units Enabled.

Motter's Expansion is still a stand-alone mod, though some features are present across all 3 of these mods.

In total there are 3 mods by Motter as of 1/2017:
1 Motter's Expansion (2010)
2 All CTW Heroes and Units Enabled (2013)
3 New Nations (2013)
"All CTW Heroes" and "New Nations" were combined in 2016.

These are also posted on Moddb.com here: http://www.moddb.com/games/rise-of-legends/downloads

If you have the DVD version of ROL you don't need any patches.
If you have the 4xCD version you will need the patches, depending if you have the Usa or European version, you can find the patches on Moddb.com here: http://www.moddb.com/games/rise-of-legends/downloads

As for multiplayer, I don't know much about it myself but some people still play the game online so you will have to try to network with them for the moment until we get more people and info here.

If you manage to figure that out please post your experience in the MP thread here: http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,932,,365

With the release of ROL BIG Archiver (https://ryder25.itch.io/rol-big-archiver/purchase) more modding is possible, such as adding in whatever is available of the Kahan nation, so hopefully there will be more mods popping up, read more here: http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=t&fn=5
Stashmaniac I am aware of the patches and I've been playing this game ever since it came out. I kind of played it on and off. My game has been patched for a while now and I've seen a few servers on Game Ranger but I couldn't get in (password locked). As for LAN I know it works becouse I've introduced a few friends to the game and they loved it and we played together. What I wanted to know was if these MODS worked for LAN. Also another problem I've had was that some friends couldn't play LAN becouse there were some sync issues we couldn't fix(non modded version). He just times out after about a minute.

Even though I've played this game alot only recently I've started playing the campaign. I will install these mods after I've beaten the game becouse I want to have the original experience first.

So is it better to get the Combined Mods pack or install them seperately?

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the new nations mod already add new heroes from the campaign into the skirmish mode? Why would I need "All CTW Heroes and Units Enabled" mod?

Thank you for replying. Glad to see atleast 1 living person here. This site feels almost eerie on how ancient and dead it seems. Not just the site but the community.
motter28218
File Author
The "New Nations" is the only one I would recommend you download. It is everything combined. I'd delete the other two if I could.

The "All CTW Heroes" was a request from a user, but it does not have all the changes. I know it is confusing, as I learned more stuff I updated the mod.
Stashmaniac So you're saying that I should only download the file from this thread and nothing else? Or is there an another thread? Also is it multiplayer compatible?
motter28218
File Author
Yes, just download this one, it has everything the other 2 do plus more.

As for multiplayer I have never played it so I'm not sure.

I'd guess in theory if you all have the mod installed you should be able to, but I don't know.
alincarpetman
Staff
@ Stashmaniac - Yeah it does seem ancient and dead, like a dusty Alin library buried in desert sand somewhere... but things may change, the most discussion about ROL I see online is on Youtube, Steam, Reddit
I'd like to try multiplayer myself someday but don't have the time for it nowadays, for now I point to the threads so people can congregate there and discuss

@ Motter - Nice to see you again, did you get my email?
What's included in the "plus more" for the combo mod? I had assumed it was just both combined but haven't checked it out to find what's been added

Stashmaniac Welp thanks guys. It's nice to see living people here and especially you two. I will try to test the multiplayer as soon as I can get some people to do it.
motter28218
File Author
I only saw a little of your E-mail, I don't get online as much anymore, bought a new house so cable is not hooked up yet, had to look through my nephews phone.

Anyhow. I'm not really looking to mod on this much anymore. I did see that other modder who fixed the 8-player crash bug. Wish he had been around when I was really into it.

[Edited on 01/20/17 @ 08:11 PM]

papacito9999 Here's a stupid question, but I'm a novice when it comes to utilizing mods. After downloading, how to I get this mod to attach itself to the Rise of Legend game?
Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 » Last »

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Artwork5.0
Playability4.0
Balance4.0