You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN General Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: This is a Bug!!
posted 07-09-04 08:20 PM EDT (US)   
I edited a scenario and this dialog box shows when I click edit button and select supercomputer.

this is the default setting, notice this tech requires modern age! BHG scenario designers know that!! It does require modern age theoretically.

But when I tested this scenario, i could still research supercomputers just like in quick battle even with classical age end.

I mean this is really a bug, I want this tech to have modern age requirement and default setting is this, but this requirement just doesn't apply in the game!

Replies:
posted 07-09-04 09:23 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
I'm glad it doesn't, having then un-tied adds strategic choice for the player. If you are going to tie the techs to the ages,then there really is no point in having any of them at all, just add the costs of all and call it an age with a single button!
posted 07-09-04 09:28 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
the way the 4 mainline techs work separately from the ages is brilliant and one of the most innovative things in RoN. It makes restricted and different age starts/end games much more balanced then if it didnt have this system.

Also the prequisits works differently depending on if they are preq1 2 or 3. Some are fixed, some scale to the starting age etc.

[This message has been edited by One_Dead_Angel (edited 07-09-2004 @ 09:29 PM).]

posted 07-10-04 10:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
I forgot to say the scenario I used to test this end in enlighnment age, so there is no age requirement for supercomputers because the latest age of the scenario is before the required age for this tech so RON automatically omits this requirement.
This requirement still works as it says in standard setting.
posted 07-11-04 00:47 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
You can always change the tech name. Instead of Supercomputers, name it... printing press, philisofical research, educational sistem (sp?, whatever.

"Greeks get nothing, hahahaha they all laugh."
posted 07-11-04 10:00 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
As One_Dead_Angel said "the way the 4 mainline techs work separately from the ages is brilliant and one of the most innovative things in RoN. It makes restricted and different age starts/end games much more balanced then if it didnt have this system."

I agree with that, and I actually checked default requirement of eah of the 4 mainline techs and I found out that the other three mainline techs: agriculture, food industry, carpentry... those economics upgrade actually don't require ages, only science level and previous upgrades of its own, BHG designed them to work that way.

But it's absolutely true the university upgrades' default requirement include the age, and it only applies in standard game setting.

It is annoying that if I want to design a scenario that prevents player to upgrade to higher univeristy techs, it's not possible unless I disable the tech, but the tech requirement actually says it requires that specific age but in the game it doesn't require.

If I add the age requirement of industrial age to food industry, it works when end age is classical, it will be not upgradable when end age is before industrial age.

But the age prerequisites for university upgrades are there but they don't work!!

so It's indeed a bug.

posted 07-18-04 02:38 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
just want to bring this topic back to the top
posted 07-18-04 05:43 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
there should be a way to change the prerequisites for the techs to whatever u want so that u dont get any wierdness like that. its just a matter of either modding or knowing how to do it in scripting
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN General Discussion » This is a Bug!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames