You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modifications

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Larger Maps
posted 07-08-05 07:44 PM EDT (US)   
I changed the map sizes so that bighuge is actually 250 in size and I played on the himalayas, and when it got in game and I tryed to select my guys it made a huge selection box and it wasn't working right, and then I tryed to build a building and in the minimap the little red box appeared in the middle of the map. I think that there is a problem with the game so that the lowest one part of the selection box can be is 100x100 or something. I hope this makes sence... and I wonder if there is somthing that can be dont about this. I wondered if there is a certain map type that doesn't have this problem or if there is a cure...
Replies:
posted 07-08-05 09:50 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
i find that on some map types making the map bigger crashes it. So in my mod i had to remove all the map size modifications
posted 07-08-05 09:50 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
yea, it just doesnt work... ODA and I both tried it, and it only results in crashes or glitches, there's no way to it

*cries from memories of it not working*

EDIT: dammit! ODA beat me to this post by 12 seconds!

Xfire r0x0rZ

"When you want to fool the world, tell the truth."
-Otto von Bismarck

[This message has been edited by KingRoy1 (edited 07-08-2005 @ 09:52 PM).]

posted 07-09-05 00:52 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
well I got it to get to 150 on Austrailias outback, and it worked well even in the corner... but when I put it to 200 it didn't work to well, I dont think it was because of my computer, the game ran well when I had atleaast 411/500 pop and teh map size was 150... I wish there was a way to get it to work, I tryed it on the atlantic one and it froze up. So that sucked. maybe there is just a file that says where the corner of the selection box is, because it shouldn't be a huge deal, it will run at 250 for me just the selection box is screwed up. It would be super awesom to have such a large map because it would be like such a huge world, and you wwould have huge wars and stuff.
posted 07-09-05 06:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
I figured this out maps that wont load at 150

east meets west
nile delta

Maps that will work at 150 well (without any edge selection problems) note if you try to select after the edge it makes a big box showing that 150 is the max:

british isles
austrailian outback
east indies
warring states

Maps that automaticly resize themselves to work at any size:

new world

I think the rest of the maps work on 150 but with selection problems also one or two might not work but I didnt start to write it down until british isles.

NOTE I have the vannila version

Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Game Modifications » Larger Maps
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames