loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Mod Nation: The Byzantines
posted 11-28-09 10:33 PM EDT (US)   
The Byzantines
Capitol: Constantinople
Other Cities: Antioch, Ancyra, Ephesus, Adana, Tarsus, Edessa
The Byzantines have the power of Bureaucracy
-Commerce Limits are increased by 5% per Commerce Technology and Age, with a maximum limit of 20% extra
-Unit Ramping costs are quartered
-Wealth income from Taxation is increased by 50%
-Cities and Forts have +2 Border Push

Unique Units:

Kataphraktoi:
Kataphraktoi are the Byzantine heavy cavalry branch, available in varying forms from the Medieval to the Enlightenment ages. They have extra hitpoints and armor over the normal heavy cavalry, but are slightly slower.
Age III- Cataphract
Age IV-Kataphraktoi
Age V- Clibanarii

Heavy Ships:
Byzantine Heavy Ships are available through the Enlightenment Age and are slower but stronger and tougher than normal heavy ships. Starting in Age Three the ships can shoot Greek Fire in close range, in addition to the standard armaments. Instead of Arrows pre-Gunpowder Age ships use catapults that fire stones and/or Greek Fire pots (Merely a visual difference).
II- Ousiakon
III- Pamphylon
IV- Dromon
V- De Ceremoniis

Strategy:
The Byzantines are a very mixed nation, with bonuses all over the place. The extra Wealth and Commerce Limit will aid your economy greatly, and the lower ramping costs will put less stress on it when training an army. Byzantine Heavy Cavalry and Heavy Ships are both tougher and stronger, albeit slower, than their competitors which will help you gain control of the seas early, as well as the land battles. Just keep in mind that the Byzantines don't excel in any one area, you'll need to mix it up to win!
Replies:
posted 11-29-09 02:01 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2  
yay! the gamer helps make the balanced nation!

mewp: a word to describe awesomeness in its supreme form.

EoB Heraclies gets a hard-on from noobs.

Damn, you got me. I just wish I knew how to make quality threads like you do. -Blatant7
posted 12-01-09 03:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2  
Good. I just wanted to post a reply with byzantines. I imagined similar unique units.
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Game Modifications » Mod Nation: The Byzantines
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames