You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Beginners

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Best Strategy Ever.
posted 10-24-03 06:43 PM EDT (US)   
This is the best strategy ever, so good it can't possibly fail.

First, delete your library. All that technology means nothing, and you can use the resources you got from razing it.

Next, train lots of citizens. Build your 2 other farms, then send them over to attack your enemy's camp when you have a bunch of them. It might be easier to just use the infinite queue for this.

Your opponent may be laughing, but let him. You have the best strategy ever, so good it can't possibly fail. Recorded games are coming soon.

Replies:
posted 10-24-03 07:58 PM EDT (US)     1 / 26  
you're neither clever nor funny
posted 10-24-03 09:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 26  
Hey, don't laugh, I did it for fun one time and it worked, people just dont prepare for such blatant stupidity.
posted 10-24-03 10:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 26  
thats increbily stupid noobish, not funny

- - - - _Au_RaveN - - - -
posted 10-24-03 11:10 PM EDT (US)     4 / 26  
I hope you try it on me sometime. or better yet. try it on a mayan. i want to see all your citizens get slaughtered. all it takes is one guy to garrison to get the tc to fire.
posted 10-25-03 06:40 AM EDT (US)     5 / 26  
We'll have to see those recordings Knight.

I plan to live forever or die trying
-Unknown
posted 10-25-03 06:50 AM EDT (US)     6 / 26  
*reads post*

*screws up a peice of paper and throws it in the bin*

that's what I think of this post.

AU clan website: www.ronau.com!
posted 10-26-03 10:41 PM EDT (US)     7 / 26  
as stupid as the tower rush in ee!!!! of course, knight, u could pull it off on an ai on easiest maybe

"Battle does not determine who is better, only who is left."
posted 10-27-03 09:12 PM EDT (US)     8 / 26  
i have seen a team each player using korea do this rush. it completely pwned the 2 they did it on. I mean it freaking pwned.

lol

that was and is still the best REC i have ever seen.

TGE

posted 10-27-03 10:46 PM EDT (US)     9 / 26  
I have a feeling you are not making this up. So all of you know, I got this idea from someone who posted a similar (stupid) post back about 4-5 years ago in my days of Age of Kings, when someone posted a strategy which was delete your scout, build only 1-2 villagers, and go to the Feudal Age. I forgot how it went.

TGE, if you could, please put a link to that game or something, I would love to see this replay.

Well, with some civs, it might be a viable strategy, like Turks, Chinese, Koreans, any nation that gets help with Citizens.

Besides, this topic is the response for the guys who didn't exactly like my Civics First, Science Second topic.

posted 10-29-03 00:39 AM EDT (US)     10 / 26  
No, it is not a viable strat. They ring the bell, you lose.

If you lose to a villager rush in the first 40 seconds of the game, you deserve to drink a gallon of bleach.

Rat

posted 10-29-03 12:50 PM EDT (US)     11 / 26  
it is a viable strat and an effective one if used correctly

Korean Rush

TGE

posted 10-29-03 01:27 PM EDT (US)     12 / 26  
AHH, good to see TGE still harassing the natives.

I seek the means to fight injustice...
posted 10-29-03 05:33 PM EDT (US)     13 / 26  
Very funny game. I know how blue could of beat it though.

When he was attacked, he should of taken all of his villys to his capital, used them to build a tower, make militia, barracks, troops, hoplites only. That way, he'd be ready for when they came.

I plan to live forever or die trying
-Unknown
posted 10-29-03 11:51 PM EDT (US)     14 / 26  
It seems that the way to stop that is to go to your other city, get a tower and get attrition damage, since it did take the militia awhile to knock the city out.
posted 10-30-03 02:02 PM EDT (US)     15 / 26  
OMFG CoT !!!!!!!!!!!!

i was just talking about you

TGE

posted 10-30-03 06:02 PM EDT (US)     16 / 26  
I'm not talking about the militia rush not being viable. I'm referring to the original guy's post where he tried to bail out of his weak attempt at humour and tried to sound surprised his idea wasn't good. It wasn't good. And wasn't funny.

The militia rush is hilarious and brilliant, just not extremely practical.

Rat

posted 11-04-03 07:27 AM EDT (US)     17 / 26  
well there is no two ways about it, you would certainly have the element of surprise!!! :P
posted 11-04-03 02:26 PM EDT (US)     18 / 26  
The longer his villies are garrisoned the better! But I doubt I could build and eco at the same time. BTW I was always have trouble finding my opponent quickly for a mongol raiding game or a jap infantry rush!
posted 11-04-03 04:27 PM EDT (US)     19 / 26  

Quote:

it is a viable strat and an effective one if used correctly

A strategy is "viable" if it can possibly lead to a win depite best play by the opponent. Just because there's a recording of someone doing it and winning because their opponent was an idiot does not prove that it is viable.
posted 11-04-03 04:29 PM EDT (US)     20 / 26  
viable against idiots.
posted 11-07-03 01:14 PM EDT (US)     21 / 26  
How about both team use that strategy and villigers have a fighting competition instead of the army.

Who ever has the last villiger left win the game.

The game will finish less than 5 min. That will be fun.

They can have 1 vs 1 fight, or group fight.

posted 11-07-03 11:48 PM EDT (US)     22 / 26  
You know, many of you need to buy a sense of humor...

Official rich amertican uncle...
posted 11-08-03 01:12 AM EDT (US)     23 / 26  
I agree knight
i dont think researching civic one is a bad thing.Considering by spending a 100 gold and 120 timber you save 12 food on civic and war resreach and 6 timber and 6 food on comerce,and a little reserach time it isnt something thats gonna loose you the game.I say reasearch civic one and build the second city than research commerce and build a market and a caravan all that wood can be spent better on those 3 thingz .Than reserach science 3rd/4th depending in ancient by that time your eco should be wealty enough to handle such an expensive tech.
posted 11-08-03 09:28 AM EDT (US)     24 / 26  
If you build a coloseum you can have 1vs1 villagers fight. If you put inside 2 vill of diffrent nations winner will get 200 gold from bets

Ko nema para nemože ni da kara -Peko
Šumar is back!
posted 11-08-03 12:06 PM EDT (US)     25 / 26  
That would be a fun custom game to make.
posted 11-09-03 06:41 PM EDT (US)     26 / 26  
Yeah, I remember when I first got the game I think I started doing the civics first then commerce then science. I would use the 120 wood for getting farms up earlier. I am currently experimenting with this build: Civics, Commerce, wait awhile, then Science, although one game I recall being able to afford Commerce 2 real well for some reason with this build or a similar build in ancient age, so I went ahead and got that before Science 2.

Keep in mind I have been using this build in FFAs against 2 (Tough) computers, and I am also having to change strategy up a bit so I can avoid being attacked by both simulateneously. Because of the nature of FFAs, I have implemented a no rush 10 minute option so I can build up a bit. I haven't played this on multiplayer because I am running Patch 3 beta.

Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » The Best Strategy Ever.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames