RoN Strategy for Beginners

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How do i counter a Cav Rush
posted 11-04-03 07:24 AM EDT (US)   
Hi all,
My first post so be gentle!

Any one know of any easy ways to counter early cav rushes?

Also is there any where i can down load some pre-recorded games of some good players?

Ta

Replies:
posted 11-04-03 08:24 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12  
You probably know that infantry is the best unit to fight cav when they stay still. The only other useful support unit is horse archers that run away when cav tries to close on them. Though many people disagree, I like early Attrition especially if you have them running around.

But mostly infantry is what you want to use.

posted 11-04-03 09:28 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12  
About your second question. Just click my signature and go to the downloads section up in the upper right corner. Then pick the "Recorded game hall of fame" category. There'll be a lot of good games there. Try and download any with HeavenMyst (The best player in RoN) in them.

I plan to live forever or die trying
-Unknown
posted 11-04-03 01:36 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12  
nonsens, myst isnt and wasnt the best ron player. there is not one really good 1vs1 record of myst. if you dont agree show me the rec. dont show me a rec where myst booms to enlightment untouched or other stupid things.

mossar_grunt was the best, right now i would say twc_shadowz (he lost vs newty that was fun but i dont think that puts him much down).

posted 11-04-03 03:22 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12  
Myst sucked, he played in games where he boomed alot and he got ahead of everyone, granted he was the best at first (the very very very beginning) but now either mossar_grunt and TWC_SHadowz with _REdrum close behind desire to be in the spotlight as #1

- - - - _Au_RaveN - - - -
posted 11-04-03 04:26 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12  
myst was good, saying he sucked is wrong, but he was never on a really top level.
top level for me: able to play aggressive, able to attack from several points at the same, able to raid decent and so on.
saw nothing of these from myst. just booming and defending one age ahead. hes booming was good so.
as trash talker he IS best for sure, better than me ^^
posted 11-04-03 05:22 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12  
Noooooo.............. You must be joking!

O.K. Maybe he isn't THE best, but he's the best boomer. I havn't seen a mossar_grunt recording or a shawdowz.

I plan to live forever or die trying
-Unknown
posted 11-04-03 05:28 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12  
The calvary rush is hard to stop, If possible rush the guy before he hits classical but this will not work against mayans. You can force him to stay at home with those horses(archers raids). Or you can try to prepare for him at home by getting to classical faster than him and have light calvary and mixed infantry around, but then your hopeing he runs into you. Or you can counter raid.
posted 11-04-03 05:43 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12  
Myst was the best boomer 4 months ago maybe. And the two articles he wrote at MFO (defending the rush and efficient economy) are dated and misleading in several ways. He's off making tons of money in AoM tourneys (huk) so I guess its a moot point.

Jedi you should watch the Clash of the Titans games between mossar and shadowz. They are quite good.

posted 11-04-03 07:35 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12  
the biggest and best place for recorded games is MFO...http://www.mrfixitonline.com/Library.asp?Action=LISTLIBRARY&hdr=&VolumeId=5506

[This message has been edited by TWC_TannenBaum (edited 11-04-2003 @ 07:36 PM).]

posted 11-05-03 03:29 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12  
well its youre job to say that^^
posted 11-05-03 09:19 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12  
To stop cav archers, use regular foot archers, instead of heavy infantry since they will die against arrows.
posted 11-05-03 03:34 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12  
to stop cav archers use light cav

- - - - _Au_RaveN - - - -
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » How do i counter a Cav Rush
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames