You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Beginners

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Napolean campaign
posted 05-01-04 06:07 PM EDT (US)   
Alexander's campaign was easy to play on the big map...How should I approach the Napolean campaign and win? There is a lot of diplomacy involved.
Replies:
posted 05-01-04 10:41 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13  
The Napoleon campaign can be one of the toughest out there. The first 6 turns are linear as you are the pre-emperor Napoleon. The first 3 turns you can either suppress the royalists, then Belgium and Brittany, or take Northern Italy. Then you get to choose to either take North Africa, or Spain.

I reccomend Royalist/Spain to become emperor. Why? Because you get colonies from Spain, which give you extra wonders and rare resources. Also, it puts you in striking distance of the Dutch and the Portuguese, both of which have tons of colonies. Thus armed with these, you will have tons of resources right off the bat in many scenarios.

Next? It's your choice. Never attack Britian unless you have lowered her territory strength. (Or you want a VERY challenging battle). Also you are required to do dimplomacy to win the Napoleon campaign. There are too many nations and not enough turns to win strictly by conquest. Turn nations into your vassals to make them yours. HINT: Don't make nations who own colonies your vassal, you won't get to use those colonies.

Hope this helps!

posted 05-02-04 05:08 AM EDT (US)     2 / 13  
I did almost everything the opposite of what you said, Britain gone early made it easy. I did use diplomacy on the small states with the tribute I won conquering big empires.

I love the scenario in which the French were given a huge army, Blue had 2 big cities and orange had a huge army. Biggest RoN battle I have ever seen. I think it was in the province NE of Austria's capital and it had the crossing swords.

[This message has been edited by HOMMisdead (edited 05-02-2004 @ 05:10 AM).]

posted 05-02-04 01:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13  
Hey,

I believe that battle that you are referring too is the Historical Battle of Austerlitz.

In my opinion a fantastic scenario as well.

However, one thing that I did find weird , eventhough, it was an historical battle. It said the prussians came in as reinforcements for the Austrians, however, the funny thing is , a turn before I knocked out the Prussian capitial, so they really shouldn't have been involved in that battle, hehe, ohh well.

Still a great scenario.

MP...

posted 05-03-04 00:51 AM EDT (US)     4 / 13  
I love this campaign, I've slowly been doing it lately.

It's really awakened my love for France's great bonuses (especially the lumber one, which can give you a huge head start, and the supply wagon healing one).

posted 05-03-04 04:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13  
Whatever works for you! It's all about whether or not you have fun with it. Taking Brit early on is helpful, because Brit also has a ton of colonies. It's also one of the funnest scenarios, a real meat grinder at Tougher.
posted 05-05-04 02:38 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13  
lol the funny thing is, that i as austrian, will conquer the world as napoleon
posted 05-06-04 08:18 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13  
I've started the Napoleon campaign, but I tooke the Britany path. I hope it will still work out fine.

I'm trying to finish the Alexander one first.

I play on "Easy" setting, which one do you guys play on?

posted 05-06-04 09:19 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13  
i usally play ron campaigns on tough, sometimes moderate. i save the higher diffictulties for quick battles.
posted 05-10-04 01:03 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13  
Canadian, you really completely mess yourself up on any of these campaigns. THe Brittany path is perfectly valid and has its own advantages. The game is designed to be fun no matter what route you take!
posted 05-11-04 01:03 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13  
I generally prefer to play the CTW campaigns on easy, as you spend more time comtemplating your next move and less doing the actual fighting. I think it's more fun that way. Otherwise, I'd just play a standard match.

Moderate is also fine, but I try to avoid anything higher than that, as it gives the enemy bonus resources, which just slows things up for you.

posted 05-11-04 02:15 AM EDT (US)     11 / 13  
enemy doesn't get bonus resources till "tougher" difficulty. I play my campaigns on Tough, or it's just no match at all.

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
posted 05-13-04 00:31 AM EDT (US)     12 / 13  
ahh...Bridger...we will always love your lushness for a good, tough beating.. ^_^
posted 05-16-04 06:53 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13  
same, I always play my campaigns on tough. Even there, I find that in a lot of battles a quick, decisive attack can get rid of most enemies, or at least can make you capture a city, which will give you enough of a head start to beat him no prob.
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » Napolean campaign
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames