You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Tech Support

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: what is Gatherring exception data ??
posted 12-14-04 03:12 PM EDT (US)   
i am playing the game and this is happen:

http://img23.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img23&image=untitled0jf.jpg

(screenshot)

what is it?

Replies:
posted 12-14-04 04:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11  
Did you install Nimo Codec Pack? If so disable "bicubic_resizer.ax" Just rename it.
posted 12-14-04 05:48 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
no i dont. but i have klite codec pack

anyway that is a very weird bug!!

posted 12-14-04 07:31 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
did you update your T&P to patch 1?
did you install Windows XP service pack 2?
also, what video card are you using?

[This message has been edited by Cataphracto (edited 12-14-2004 @ 07:38 PM).]

posted 12-14-04 09:44 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
i use WinXP SP2

thrones and patriots with patch 1.4

nforce2 (geforce 4) 64mb onboard video card

posted 12-14-04 10:01 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
It's most likely to be a driver issue. Make sure you install the latest manufacturer's driver for sound, graphics, and especially for motherboard. Don't just use the windows update drivers, go to the manufacturer's website.

However, for this error, most likely probably only means a small chance of success.

Other than that there could be some software conflict or a problem with system componants like RAM being pushed hard.

gl

posted 12-15-04 00:10 AM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
go to nvidia.com to download the latest driver
make sure you have T&P updated to patch 1, you don't need to care whether or not you have original RON updated to patch 4.
posted 12-15-04 10:04 AM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
anyway the game work well, i juste try to know what kind of bug is it.... i never see someting like that before..
posted 12-15-04 02:12 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11  
it never occured to me, it's not a bug, it only occurs in some systems, they are either too old, or the drivers are not updated.
posted 12-15-04 02:22 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11  
No it's a bug, well somthing RoN didn;t like about your system. RoN found an error and ina crappy attempt to do somthing about it it spends half an hour gathering data about your system. Error handling in RoN is extremely bad. Usually you get crash to desktop or crash requireing a reboot, but gathering exception data is another of the infantile programmed exception handlers the game has built in.
posted 12-17-04 10:13 AM EDT (US)     10 / 11  
I myself has been encountering this kind of problem. I'm using windows XP professional and no SP upgrades. I already ask this last month and somebody said it's the problem of microsoft. Hopefully there'll be a solution for this bug.
posted 12-17-04 12:02 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11  
There never will be. You just have to hope that it's some driver issue that will be resolved with an update. BHG will never fix it as they will claim it is somethig peculiar to your system.
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Tech Support » what is Gatherring exception data ??
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames