You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Tech Support

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Problem at running RoN T&P in Windows 7 -- FIXED
posted 05-14-11 03:59 PM EDT (US)   
Every time that I play a game in RoN in windows 7, the buildings look like this:

Does someone knows how do I fix that ?
Replies:
posted 05-15-11 03:01 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
it's a graphics error - you could try running it in compatibility mode, but on Windows 7 RoN is problematic - in my game, the buildings have grey detailing instead of the nation colour detail they should have

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst (and use this phrase to justify your actions when it goes wrong)
posted 05-15-11 10:44 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
it's a graphics error - you could try running it in compatibility mode, but on Windows 7 RoN is problematic - in my game, the buildings have grey detailing instead of the nation colour detail they should have
I tried this, but this didn't solve the problem
posted 05-18-11 08:39 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
I'm using RoN on a Windows 7 x64 version (no compatibility mode activated) without any bug at all. Even graphical ones.

Try to update your graphic card driver, and make sure your game is up to date (use the ingame "Update" feature, the 1.04 version is to be downloaded ingame).

[This message has been edited by Berbe (edited 05-18-2011 @ 08:40 AM).]

posted 05-19-11 11:35 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
I'm using RoN on a Windows 7 x64 version (no compatibility mode activated) without any bug at all. Even graphical ones.

Try to update your graphic card driver, and make sure your game is up to date (use the ingame "Update" feature, the 1.04 version is to be downloaded ingame).
Thanks. I'll try that
posted 06-13-11 12:21 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
I found the problem: My videocard is not a good quality videocard .
Thank you all

[This message has been edited by danielpereira (edited 06-13-2011 @ 12:22 PM).]

posted 08-20-11 05:58 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
What video card do you have? I use an intel i5-2500k which has integrated video chipset intel HD 3000, windows 7 64. My problem is kind of similar to yours and couldn't find a solution. It is strange and frustrating since my system can play much more demanding games: Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, Elements of War, Mount&Blade.

The problem in RON: tooltip boxes are displayed only if they overlap with buildings, forests or mountains, otherwise they are invisible. So it's like clicking blindly on buttons without knowing what they do (or the requirements for upgrades, etc).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Update:
Hey guys, I've found a solution: a program called SwiftShader which emulates a video card.
It introduces a few bugs like some textures are flickering, but tooltip boxes are finally visible and this is more important.

[This message has been edited by atreyyu (edited 08-21-2011 @ 10:57 AM).]

posted 08-30-11 01:02 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
Update:
Hey guys, I've found a solution: a program called SwiftShader which emulates a video card.
It introduces a few bugs like some textures are flickering, but tooltip boxes are finally visible and this is more important.
Thanks! But are you sure that this is safe ?
Btw I also use an Intel videocard, but I don't know which one...
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Tech Support » Problem at running RoN T&P in Windows 7 -- FIXED
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames