You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Throne & Patriots Expansion Pack

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A stupid question but;
posted 05-09-04 10:15 PM EDT (US)   
I couldn't find it anywhere - how do I change where I want my capital to be?

Thanks,
Bischof

Replies:
posted 05-09-04 10:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10  
If you already have a senate, raze it and build a new one in your desired city.

If you don't already have a senate, build it in your desired city and that will become the capital.

I'm pretty sure that's the way.

posted 05-09-04 10:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
If you don't have Thrones and Patriots, your capital is your first city, no mater what.

However, if you do have T&P.... What he said

-Rogan

TOC Clan - The Obliteration Committee
tocclan@hotmail.com
posted 05-09-04 10:38 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
And the Capital they are referring to is only in the conquest or combat maps. You cannot move your Capital on the world map if playing a campaign.

Much to my dismay now that I've placed my Red Fort wonder waaaaaaay too far from the front lines of my global conquest to matter diddly squat.

Dangit to heck!

posted 05-10-04 10:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
I see - thank you gentlemen!
posted 05-11-04 10:53 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10  
are a lot of players changing caps?
just curious.
posted 05-11-04 12:39 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
Sounds like it will be the base of many strategies to come. Build your chosen city in a well defended (natural defence always helps) area, beef up your own defence and economy, and make it your cap. Another bonus could be to move your capital if your original is under siege. I like the sound of this feature.
posted 05-11-04 02:19 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10  
Yes, I usually wait unitl I have a second or third city to find the perfect capital spot. If I am Lakota this is particularly cool.

Moving one's capital though, is slow and tedious, for balancing sake. First you have to raze the senate....which takes FOREVER...sometimes you can help it by firing rocket artillery or missiles at the ground, if you're to that age...then you have to rebuild the senate in your new capital...so its not something you can usually do with the wolves at the door...I usually only move my capital if I am NOT under attack and spot a much better place, or if I think my enemy has scouted it out and is planning a capital push...once the rush on the capital starts it is often too late to move it...also, if you do not currently control your capital, you cannot move it.

posted 05-13-04 00:50 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10  
I ran into this playing out the Lakota the other day. I took advantage of their ability to build anywhere in uncontrolled territory very early in the game. For those of you that have played around with this civ, you know you end up with a few extra citizens with little to do, so you send them out exploring. I foolhardily build my second city right near my enemy, on his side of the map. In an even bolder move, I put my senate there, moving my capital to said front-line city.

Well, my disadvantages became apparant much quicker than any advantage I did ever have. The main one, I kept losing my military (comprised mostly of those food-providing stable units), so my economy was as spikey as the skirmishes in my capital city. At one point he ended up overwhelming me. I tried to raze the senate so I could move it, but it didn't take before he took the city, and the timer to my inevitable doom began. At some point I knew I was screwed when I sent in my armed citizens to try and turn the tide.

It didn't work. My food supply only dropped more, and I was finally bested.

Which gets me to thinking, are there any ways to speed up the process of razing? And if there aren't, perhaps adding a research or something into the governments that allow this?

Just kicking around an idea, but what about in the more military-minded governments, adding one that allows the quick razing of economic or military buildings, (I'm no History buff, but surely there is some instance of military stragety involving the hurried de-campment of a military base to avoid demolition?) Come to think of it, this might actually be a nice addition to the Lakota civ itself, seeing as they have the power of the plains. the ability to pack up and leave in a hurry. Something to talk about.

"Ernest Hemmingway once wrote, 'the world is a fine place, and worth fighting for.'...I agree with the second part."

[This message has been edited by cultvignette (edited 05-13-2004 @ 00:51 AM).]

posted 05-13-04 05:18 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
Most buildings raze fast enough....instant razing or really fast razing would be sort of unbalanced. If the Senate could be razed quickly what's to stop someone from changing their capital every few seconds, making capital elmination all but impossible? Same with Wonders...Wonders don't raze quickly for two reasons: one, in a wonder victory game they can often be essential to capture, so razing them quickly would be a cheap tactic, and two, if you saw a player was going to conquer it you would just raze it to rob them of the bonuses, another cheap tactic. Most other buildings raze fairly quickly, so you can still deny an invader some structures if you plan it right. You can also attack an enemy city and hold it just long enough to raze some buildings beofre they take it back...but you won't have time to raze their wonders or senate...nor should you want to.

If you really want to raze something quickly, the only way is to fire on the ground near it with explosive weaponry, like rocket artillery, cruise missiles, or best of all, a nuke. Just be aware that these weapons damage EVERYTHING in their splash area, so really only nuke yourself if you NEED to move that capital ASAP.

posted 05-13-04 09:21 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
Did anyone notice that if you're attacking someone's capitol and you destroy the senate, they can easily rebuild it in another city and move their capitol?? I hate when my artillery just go ahead and start rocketing away on their senate just when I'm about to take their capital! That is a lesson I will remember for as long as I play T&P. Don't kill the senate !
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Throne & Patriots Expansion Pack » A stupid question but;
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames