Please login or register

Throne & Patriots Expansion Pack

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Bug List v1.5
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 05-29-04 05:30 PM EDT (US)   
I'm bored because I didn't sign up for the MFO tourny and there's no games so lets put all of the bugs in one nice tidy place.

If you find a bug not listed here(make sure it's a real bug), post here and I will update as time goes on.

Bug list so far:

• Building the Hanging Gardens incorrectly displays knowledge earned in Universities.
  • Nubian merchants still get +50% base resources from rares in allies territory. This was *supposed* to be changed in patch 1.03 as it is listed in the change list. It was never changed. Need clarification from BHG.
  • Gathered rare resources display at the left corner of the screen always shows the same value (for example, even if you have getting +100 Food from Buffalo Merchant, it will show +20 if you put the mouse down the icon)
  • If the Republic Government is researched, new government's patriots will not have the supply wagon effect when they are supposed to.
  • Granaries and Granary techs improve the food bonus that Iroquios woodcutters receive.
  • Artillery someimtes incorrectly show that they are taking attrition when they aren't. Usually happens when they are firing in enemy territory under the supply of a patriot.
  • A single merchant can take up the 'merchant space' for two rare resources that are close together. I believe it happens in scenarios/CTW missions where some rare resources are placed close together.
  • Numbered armies when loading a saved game are sometimes not named correctly (e.g. "20" instead of 1st army, "21" instead of 2nd army)
  • I have never seen this capital border bonus, capital cities seem to push(at least with small cities) as much as normal cities.
  • Dutch merchants deployed on a rare resources do not gather resources while attacking.
  • Despot patriot gives +15 resources instead of +50 wealth when killing a caravan.
  • Aztecs get +15/30/45/60 resources instead of +50 wealth when killing a caravan.
  • CTW: Can pick a nation in a scenario, then hit the arrow keys to change scenarios, thus being able to select any nation in a campaign ie playing Lakota in Cold War in which case you have no country or anything.
  • Warring states little picture is the same as British Isles. Those maps are very different, and the picture doesn't look like any of them.
  • Persian UU says Ancient age I, Classical age II, Classical age III, and Classical age IV.
  • The Roman Unique Unit's upgrade description is incorrectly displayed. When placing the cursor above a Roman Hoplite's Icon, it will display "Greek Mercenary" rather then Legionares. This happens with the Phalanx and Spanish Scutari too.
  • Dutch military patriots get +7 armor and a little more hp. 327 Aztec Comrade with 2 general upgrades: 327hp. Dutch Comrade with 2 general upgrades: 537hp. Gigi has found that the Dutch supply patriots get an hp bonus as the dutch supply wagons get an hp bonus.
  • Single Player: Lakota AI builds farms and granaries and does not know he can build anywhere. AI plays properly if you set the map to 'reveal all'.
  • Main battle tank bug: Main battle tank is researched, units are upgraded, but the upgrade is still available for research and can be researched infinitely with no real effect.
  • MP: Number of games played and record is displaying wrong information.
  • Quick library research panel only displays the prices for technologies when you have a friendly unit or structure selected. We would like it to always display the prices.
  • Taking a Russian capital with the Despot patriot gives both players +500 all. Bug or not?
  • If you capture a wonder as America, your first wonder built is not built instantly
  • American temples, from Industrial Age on, loses its unique architecture and gets the European one
  • No way to cancel razing of an assimilating city
  • Descriptions of enemy units display the wrong upgrades (shows YOUR civ upgrades, not ITS civ ones). For example, if you're Egyptian and click an enemy Mongol Horde, its description will show like it was able to upgrade to a Royal mameluke
  • Most Egyptian and Turkish units are European-styled (i think that Muslim style should be the most compatible with them)
  • Nubian and Bantu Information age tanks have the wrong artwork set.
  • Alternate names for non-Library (see data/alternatenames.bhs) techs don't function (at least here)
  • Indians/Persians merchant huts don't have the proper architecture (huts are Latin-styled instead)
  • An annoying path (C:\Scenario) appears at root directory every time I save a scenario at Scenario Editor.
  • Japanese archers: Research heavy archer for the japanese in medieval, then you can upgrade to crossbowmen in gunpowder/medieval
  • Buildings don't always upgrade their architecture with age advances. Mostly happens in Medieval->Gunpwder and Enlightenment->Industrial
  • XML error notifications causes the RON window to block the screen even with many Alt-tabs (only the cursor appears normally). At these situation, only forcing standby mode, logoff, Windows user change, shutdown or restart the pc
  • Help text of Roman cities don't display that they provide wealth income
  • Infinite resources setting should say that it starts with many more citizens than normal
  • Weird Stuff(Possible bugs, hard to reproduce):

• Technology stopping. Mostly happens with ages and future techs. I think it has something to do with libraries being damaged. Maybe has something to do with capital and/or the senate

• With the Forbidden City built and my capital taken I cannot rebuild the senate, theus never getting future governments. I think I should be able to rebuild the senate in the forbidden city.

Post any new bugs or mistakes. Don't post stuff like mp keeps crashing or out of sync errors.

[This message has been edited by xxFlukexx (edited 10-27-2004 @ 00:18 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 05-29-04 06:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 80  

Quote:

Dutch merchants deployed on a rare resources do not gather resources while attacking.

is this really considered a bug? i mean if they are fighting why should they be collecting the benefits of the resources? its like if a citizen is fighting and not working on collecting resource, they shouldnt having resources collected.

posted 05-30-04 03:14 AM EDT (US)     2 / 80  
    I haven't really looked into it, but I've had times where I wouldn't be able to get to Modern Age. I'd end up going to my Library to stop the research, but nothing would happen, and I wouldn't be able to delete that particular Library, either. If I had multiple Libraries, I would be able to research other Library Techs, but the Modern Age research would still be frozen. The only way to get it going again was to Bombard Ground the Library with Siege units and research to Modern Age in another Library.

[This message has been edited by El_Capitan_ (edited 05-30-2004 @ 03:15 AM).]

posted 05-30-04 08:46 AM EDT (US)     3 / 80  
    I have noticed that when I reload a saved game all of my control groups have corrupt new names. For example, "3rd army" will still be selected by my pressing "3" but the name displayed will not be "3rd army" it will be simply "3" or "48" or some other strange number.

Also, sometimes if I click on an empty piece of map none of the building hotkeys will work ("N" for market for example) until I manually select a building by left clicking it. After I select any building, all of the hotkeys magically work again.

"Nevertheless, it is vital to remember that information - in the sense of raw data - is not knowledge; that knowledge is not wisdom; and that wisdom is not foresight. But information is the first essential step to all of these."
    Arthur C. Clarke
    posted 05-30-04 04:05 PM EDT (US)     4 / 80  
    Again, I am getting horribly lagged performance in quick battles or CtW, and after about a minute of play, the toolbars and map turn white, making the game unplayable. The original RoN worked perfectly on the exact same graphical settings.

Yes, I have tried changing color depth. Yes, I have tried setting the graphic detail to low. Yes, I have tried the "soundfix" and also tried disabling music. Yes, I have tried running without NAV and using a "clean boot."

I'm guessing this is probably a video card-specific bug (I have an All In Wonder 32 mb radeon), but it's not listed in the "known issues" section.

posted 05-30-04 05:44 PM EDT (US)     5 / 80  
    My non-military units do not change in appearance when I advance through the ages. Even when I reach the modern age, my civilians are still wearing loincloths.
    posted 05-30-04 06:23 PM EDT (US)     6 / 80  
    Vaergoth: You have to turn up your graphic detail settings. Just set them all to high and the civil units will change throughout the ages. If only my laptop had an actual graphics card, then I could see it... none of this "integrated video" crap...
    posted 05-30-04 11:59 PM EDT (US)     7 / 80  
    ODA: Yeah, I guess it isn't 100% a bug. I think it is. I mean, if it takes 30-45 seconds for your dutch merchany to kill an enemy merchant, I might rather have the rare than not have it for 30-45 seconds. It seems like the dutch merchant unpacks, fires, then packs again when done firing but does not show the pack/unpack animation.

Teravius: Sounds like a machine specific problem. Make sure you have DirectX9.0b and the latest drivers. Although it sounds like that graphics card is just too old and can't handle RoN. Spend $40-60 for a decent video card(got my GeForce FX5200 for $60), it's a very good investment. Tech support would probably be able to help ya out better.

posted 05-31-04 11:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 80  
    Bantu classical stable units (HC,CA's) don't upgrade without military research, contrary to their what their bonus states. (Even though this may have been changed on purpose, there was no official word of it, so I think it would be better to include it.)

Lakota territory line can be revealed by attempting to build a building in their territory.

posted 06-01-04 00:52 AM EDT (US)     9 / 80  
    Please don't leave out the bug with the new library quick access panel.

It only displays the prices for technologies when you have a friendly unit or structure selected -- as a "chronic deselector" this makes the new panel about useless for me.

posted 06-01-04 09:21 AM EDT (US)     10 / 80  
    -Bug, when we use Alt+Tab hot key.

I seen it in CTW but I don't know if it always bug...

-When amercan take a city with wonder, they lost them bonus of instant buiding of them first builded wonder.
    (don't know If they win this bonnus after lost the city)

[img]http://membres.lycos.fr/ne0phenixxx/neor.JPG[/img]

[This message has been edited by Ne0PHeniXXX (edited 06-02-2004 @ 03:32 AM).]

posted 06-01-04 11:50 AM EDT (US)     11 / 80  
    - Ages of creation of Persian Immortals, Anusiya, Athanatoi and Arquebus Immortals are displayed wrongly in the screen before the game starts
    - Japanese may research Crossbowmen and Heavy Archers at the same age. Crossbowmen don't become Heavy archers, however.
    posted 06-02-04 00:35 AM EDT (US)     12 / 80  
    Ne0: What alt-tab bug? I use alt-tab frequently with no problems. I will test the america wonder thing.

Hrr: In my game the Persian UUs are shown correctly in the screen you see when the game is building. I don't understand your cooment about the japanese and archers. Japanese get heavy archers(I think) instead of crossbowmen, but they are the same thing as crossbowmen stat-wise.

Nut: Will list it but it might not be easily changed depending on how the code was written. It might not be worth fixing that to the programmers.

Jazzman: Not a bug, but a fix. I don't know why people are getting all upset about the fix to Bantu, doesn't nerf them at all. And the try to build a barracks anywhere to find lakota isn't really a bug. If you want to spend the time to do so, go ahead, but your econ and mil will suffer. It doesn't really change much unless I'm missing something.

posted 06-02-04 03:32 AM EDT (US)     13 / 80  
    In CTW , I edit was an mistakes

[img]http://membres.lycos.fr/ne0phenixxx/neor.JPG[/img]
    posted 06-03-04 06:45 AM EDT (US)     14 / 80  
    When I get to the Information Age in T&P, My library won't let me research the four final technologies. ie(It won't let me research artificial intelligence or any other of the final technologies). Is this a bug or do I have setting incorrect. If this is a bug, I hope that Microsoft is working on this stuff. You would have thought that they would have found these bugs in Beta testing.
    posted 06-03-04 10:17 AM EDT (US)     15 / 80  
    Yeah, I probably should buy a better card... but the thing I'm confused about is the fact that the original RoN worked fine, as do other games (Morrowind, KOTOR, etc)--the performance problem is only in TnP.

I have DirectX 9.0b and the latest drivers, too.

posted 06-03-04 10:23 AM EDT (US)     16 / 80  
    And as for the bug list, don't forget "invalid patch file error" and "Retcode positive 32769".
    posted 06-03-04 12:49 PM EDT (US)     17 / 80  
    Hey Teravius, did you get those errors when you installed the T&P expansion? I got 2 weird errors when I installed it (installed twice to make sure) & those are very similar to what I got.

"Nevertheless, it is vital to remember that information - in the sense of raw data - is not knowledge; that knowledge is not wisdom; and that wisdom is not foresight. But information is the first essential step to all of these."
    Arthur C. Clarke
    posted 06-04-04 09:39 AM EDT (US)     18 / 80  
    The cpu can declare war on u even if the teams r locked
    posted 06-05-04 00:05 AM EDT (US)     19 / 80  
    I don't know if its already been said, but, when playing egyptians, the 7 farms per city rule isn't reflected in the number of used farms over total farms (pull out menu from the rescources menu

Mountians

Join RoC! Spearhead faction leader.

posted 06-05-04 06:57 PM EDT (US)     20 / 80  
    Yeah, to clarify, those errors are from installation.
    posted 06-06-04 05:53 PM EDT (US)     21 / 80  

Quote:

Hrr: In my game the Persian UUs are shown correctly in the screen you see when the game is building. I don't understand your cooment about the japanese and archers. Japanese get heavy archers(I think) instead of crossbowmen, but they are the same thing as crossbowmen stat-wise.

persian bug:

http://www.gwnch.blogger.com.br/persian1.jpg

http://www.gwnch.blogger.com.br/persian2.jpg

japa bug:

http://www.gwnch.blogger.com.br/japabug.jpg

posted 06-06-04 07:10 PM EDT (US)     22 / 80  
    - Sometimes Senate doesn't change its architecture after Gunpowder Age researched
    - Descriptions of enemy units display the wrong upgrades (shows YOUR civ upgrades, not ITS civ ones). for example, if you're Egyptian and click an enemy Mongol Horde, its description will show like it was able to upgrade to a Royal mameluke
    - Since you have conquered cities, Universities will display a very higher Knowledge gather rate
    - Once you pressed DEL key with a city at assimilation process selected, there won't be any way to revert the razing process. The city will be lost at assimilation complete.
    - There are only four names for computer American rulers (George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt)
    - gathered rare resources displayed at the left corner of the screen shows always the same value (for example, even if you have getting +100 Food from Bison Merchant, it will show +20 if you put the mouse down the icon)

i don't know if these are bugs:

- Most Egyptian units are European-styled (i think that Muslim style should be the most compatible with them)
    - ICBM Missiles upgrade isn't researched instantly with Supercollider built
    - American Temple, from Industrial Age on, lose its unique architecture and gets the European one

[This message has been edited by Hrrr (edited 06-07-2004 @ 08:22 PM).]

posted 06-07-04 01:33 PM EDT (US)     23 / 80  
    In the scenerio editor, unique units do not show up in the info age even if the check box to show unique units is ticked.

For example, if you are british and tick the checkbox, no unique units from other nations appear.
    if you are germans and tick the checkbox, the leopard tank icon disappears. If you untick again, the leopard appears. Same with all other nations which have unique info age units.

posted 06-07-04 01:55 PM EDT (US)     24 / 80  
    i think the japan bug is for real...i think i saw an error with the XML that is doing that
    posted 06-07-04 08:19 PM EDT (US)     25 / 80  
    Ahhh, ok I see what you mean Hrrr, the little I, II, III, IV pictures are right, but it says classical, hehe.

I also had the japanese heavy archer/crossbowmen thing like in your picture happen to me once over the weekend.

ICBMs dont upgrade because the Supercollider doesn't affect unit upgrades as of T&P. Rest lok good.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
    Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Throne & Patriots Expansion Pack » Bug List v1.5
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames