You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Experts

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Don't rule out the Indians
posted 11-22-09 04:21 PM EDT (US)   
I don't see many people putting in Indians as one of their top choices for nation picks, but if you understand their benefits, they can actually be a gerat nation to play with.

The main benefit for playing as the Indians is that buildings never rise in cost, except for towers and forts do only half as fast, and cities rise normally. Why is this important?. In the ancient age, if you have already researched a science tech, it may be frusturating getting all 5 farms in quick while trying to get another city or mabye a market or temple... whatever. With the indians, the farm prices never go above 40 timber...EVER. This is also important when statring another city. As farm prices will stay 40 timber, Wood camps will always be 50 food and mines 50 wood. Do the math. In your second city to get all 5 farms , it'll take a total of 340 wood, but only 200 with the Indians, saving you 140 wood for another Temple, mine, or whatever. If you use this right, you can mass produce resource buildings and create a market and temple for all cities at a low low price.

Ever hate how a mountain is just about 1 inch away from a city, but you can't get it in the city radius, so building a smelter seems like a waste of time (especially before medieval age), With the Indians increased economic radius, you have more resources under your control for you're Granaries, Lumber Camps and Smelters to function from. An increased caravan income is great for building a few more scholars, too.

Although the Indians may seem a poor choice in the ladder ages, remember how building never rise in cost. Well, remember how refineries create the bulk of your oil income, even if you only have 2 wells. Guess whats gonna be cheap as hell... REFINERIES. Putting one in each city will be cheap and quick with the Indains, getting you a boost in the oil wars.

Elephants...well, im not a fan of elephants, but since you get those elephant researches for free...

If you want good rare resources for the Indians, I would suggest Spices for an even more enhanced caravan Income, and Tobbaco to create building faster to build your nation's infunstructure faster. Obviously, you should not use this nation to rush (unless you really...REALLY want to), but if you're using the Indians as a boom nation, you should be in good hands

Pimp approved, master class!

[This message has been edited by Pimp Masterflex (edited 11-22-2009 @ 04:25 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-22-09 05:08 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15  
I agree completely, a lot of people tend to not realize what a huge bonus not paying building ramp ups can be! It saves you a huge amount of resources in the long run, which can be put towards speeding up your teching, you army, anything you want.
posted 11-22-09 05:23 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
OMG need to install the xpack

mewp: a word to describe awesomeness in its supreme form.

EoB Heraclies gets a hard-on from noobs.

Damn, you got me. I just wish I knew how to make quality threads like you do. -Blatant7
posted 11-25-09 11:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
Does what nation you pick really matter that much? I like to think that what matters most is the player's skill.
posted 11-26-09 00:07 AM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
Every nation has it's pros, even the Spanish.
posted 11-26-09 00:51 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
This I know, but how much do they matter?
posted 11-26-09 06:47 AM EDT (US)     6 / 15  
yesterday i was playing border oush, seing as how forts were costing nearly 5000 metal a piece, that bonus is very nice.

mewp: a word to describe awesomeness in its supreme form.

EoB Heraclies gets a hard-on from noobs.

Damn, you got me. I just wish I knew how to make quality threads like you do. -Blatant7
posted 11-26-09 10:48 AM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
Does what nation you pick really matter that much? I like to think that what matters most is the player's skill.
Well the idea is to pick a nation that compliments your playstyle. Each nation is good at different things, for example if you like a highly aggressive game pick the Aztecs, if you like Booming pick the Indians or Germans, etc.

It takes some trial and error but when it clicks.... you'll know, trust me.
posted 12-12-09 06:49 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
I must agree with this. As a boomer and a quick researcher, the Greeks are best suited for me.
posted 12-18-09 08:32 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15  
Indians are pretty good. I think they might be one of the best nation.
posted 12-27-09 08:35 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15  
I think it's just psychological. People tend to pick the more famous and more advanced nation. In other words, simply the best. The very first nation I played was England.
posted 12-27-09 09:12 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15  
Agreed, I always ignored all the nations I didn't know much about when I first started playing.
posted 12-28-09 09:40 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15  
Grweat example : Bantu. Lets fce it, in modern history, they've pretty much lost. But their pop bonus can make/break the info age wars

Pimp approved, master class!
posted 06-18-10 07:21 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
Bantu, the first nation I ever liked. Cheap cites! It's also good for a small, quick boom and you get those three cities in a flash!
posted 09-07-10 05:24 AM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
Indians are really strong after you have played the game for a long time .Then you have booming very easy and border push is very easy.Indians also gather huge amount of resources per city,2 cities are enough for +350 resource instead of 2 in most maps.
posted 09-19-10 03:05 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
I would say that the Indians are good Classical or Medieval Rushers in terms of building them being able to build slightly larger armies than other nations that may rush. I could see how they could be very strong as a nation of one knew how to use them, but to me, they seem moderately useless. Nonetheless, it's worth exploring.
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Experts » Don't rule out the Indians
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames