Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: New Landsknecht Unit Graphic
posted 11-16-18 06:17 AM EDT (US)   
Updated 2018/12/13

Screenshot:

Download:
Google Drive:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TClmbnowMe1x4Fu7fieAyDA7yXGivjVq/view?usp=sharing

RoNH Download: http://ron.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2172

------------

Introduction:

Big Huge studio made Landsknecht as a German Gunpowder Age unique unit, but unfortunately, they didn't make it graphically correct. The Landsknecht unit(actually all 4 German early infantry UUs) model in game, from its body to its weapon, is heavly inspired by the Barbarians in "Conan the Barbarian" series, rather than based on real landsknecht in history.

I'm not statisfied with this. Some modders made more proper textures for this unit later, but I don't think purely retexture is good enough. Fortunately, with the new Blender .bh3 model in/export plugin, we can now easily modify the model itself. Thus, I make the model looks more like a real Landsknecht.

------------

What did I change on the model:

-new, historical accurate zweihander sword model with ricasso and parrying hooks. For more variety, I made two slightly different sword models.
-adjust the unit body model, including:
(1)adjust the width of its shoulders and waist;
(2)change the angle of the flat on top of its head, to make it looks more like a plume;
(3)remove the plate between the legs;
(4)adjust the shape of legs, make them look like Landsknecht with stockings, rather than super thick boots which are bigger at the bottom.
-use "Doppelsoldner" textures from the "Rise of Kings" mod.

The .zip file also includes a sample code and two icons.

------------

Credits:
-Ivenend, for making this unit graphic
-Big Huge Games, for making the original unit model
-Rise of Kings mod team, for the "Doppelsoldner" textures
-Ryder25, for the RoN Blender Addon

[This message has been edited by Ivenend (edited 12-13-2018 @ 08:50 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-17-18 10:05 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2  
Thanks for making this, and thanks for sharing it with us.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
posted 11-19-18 07:31 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2  
Ivenend - Your file has been uploaded.

It's good to hear Ryder's Blender Addon works and is aiding continued modding with the game.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 11-19-2018 @ 07:32 AM).]

Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Game Modifications » New Landsknecht Unit Graphic
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames