New Files

Game Modifications » Ron Advanced

Download File

Ron Advanced

Author File Description
DarthLeon
File Details
Needs T&P?: Yes
RoN Advanced. Requires Thrones and Patriots and latest patch.

Update 7/4/12

Thanks to the most recent comment, I finally know how to change the pop cap for the New World scenario. Here is the updated download with this limit changed to 325 for Europeans. Max population for all other modes is changed to 500, as requested. This will be the final version of this mod.

To install the changes in the New World scenario, copy and paste the file in the New World changes folder into C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Rise of Nations\Thrones and Patriots\scenario\scriptlibrary

Ive never done this before, so bear with me.

Alright. I have created a mod for RoN TaP, a mod taking the game to a whole new level. This mod does not add anything new, per se,
but It changes almost everything about the original game. While it would take far too long to list all of the changes, I'll give you the highlights.

Much larger scale economic system. Citizens now only gather 3 resources per gatherer, but the amount of workers you can support is approxamately tripled.

15 farms per city, with another 5 per city level. Tripled the number of miners that can be on a mountain. Many many more trees.

Woodcutters huts have a larger radius. Most techs now require Knowledge and are more expensive. Library techs are more expensive and take longer to research.

Airbases now can hold 20 aircraft, Aircraft carriers, 10. Each oil well gives less oil and refineries are less effective.

Population cap is now 400. Garrison sizes are increased and defensive building HP is increased. Defensive buildings are stronger.

All tech and troop train times slowed. Ramp up cost reduced for troops and eliminated for citizens.

Rare resources and Wonders are more powerful. Wonders are now more expensive and take longer to build.

Reaching the industrial age is more important than ever. All industrial age units and beyond receive large boosts to range and attack.
This includes naval and air forces. Final economic upgrades at the Granary, Lumber Mill, and Smelter are not availble until the industrial age.
Missles are more expensive but are also more powerful. Special forces units are more powerful. Splash attack given to certain units. Bazooka, tank, etc.
Artillery range increased in all ages, more powerful against troops. They are now very important to use in land battles. Splash damage increased.

Civilization bonuses are now more powerful. Citizen train time is increased.

Mod works well with all conquer the world modes, especially the cold war.

Aircraft is more powerful, and given more splash damage.

AND MORE!

Most of the mod changes take place in the industrial ages and beyond. Games tend to be longer and bigger, and ages advance slower.
Included is the help file that will give you the lowdown on all of the changes.

Installation.

Installation is simple. Simply extract all files.Copy and paste all files in folder into Thrones and Patriots Data folder. Overwrite all files when asked. Default path is C://Program Files/Microsoft Games/Rise of Nations/Thrones and Patriots/Data
Edit:Warning, installing will make the original game unplayable, so backing up your files is advised. Simply copy the files that the mod will replaces, and paste them somewhere safe.

Im not sure how to make this usable from the mod drop down menu, if someone knows how, please tell me.

Afterwards, simply start up the game and the mod will be fully installed.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
HuManBing This mod looks like it'll overwrite your Thrones and Patriots "Data" files. Before you do as the author suggests, I suggest you back up all your Thrones and Patriots "Data" directory into a separate location. Otherwise, if you want to play the standard game again, you will have to reinstall from scratch.

To the author: you really should include a warning to people to back up their files before making such sweeping changes to the data folder. I can imagine a lot of people following your suggestions without a second thought and then finding themselves stuck with a permanently modded game.

One way around this is to make a mod folder (in the Rise of Nations/ directory). This allows people to play your game mods without having to overwrite their core game files and risk having to reinstall.

I may give this mod a try - it sounds like you've done some really cool things - but I'm not going to overwrite core game files just to try out a new mod.

Ask on the modding forums about how to make this into a mod rather than a game overwrite. It's well worth it! And thanks for the creative work - this site needs more pioneers like you.
DarthLeon
File Author
Dear HuManBing, there is actually a reason for making the files a data overwrite. You cannot use the mod on the campaigns unless you do so.
However, I will look into making a version for use in the mod drop-down menu. Thanks. Also, feel free to make suggestions or comments as you see fit.

p.s. If anyone knows how I could change the pop limit of 125 for the europeans in the New World campaign, I would appreciate it if they would tell me how.
HuManBing Ah, yes, that's true. I recall that mods can't work with scenarios and CTWs :(

I just gave this game a quick runthrough after I converted it to a mod. It's a lot of fun, and it works perfectly as a mod. I'll try playing it through more thoroughly when I have time later.
DarthLeon
File Author
Great, im glad you like it. Anyone else have any comments, id love to know what you guys think.
Bloodskull I've made a mod that seems to be going in the same direction as this one, you should try it out DarthLeon, it might give you some ideas. =O

http://ron.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1571

[Edited on 04/21/09 @ 06:21 AM]

DarthLeon
File Author
I have looked at the details, and you are right, they are very similar. However, Ive been working on my mod for 3 years now, about half of that time balancing things. Also, taking out some of the craft abilities makes the campaigns unplayable.

Also, looking at your mod, it would appear that games take a very, very long time to finish. While thats great if youre playing by yourself and you enjoy that, it makes playing any multiplayer games difficult.

I am also interested in playing this mod online if anyone else would like to do so.
Bloodskull I'd play online with you. =]

[Edited on 05/03/09 @ 01:26 PM]

DarthLeon
File Author
nvm.

[Edited on 04/22/09 @ 01:01 AM]

DarthLeon
File Author
come on guys, someone give me a review. Let me know what you think. :)
Random32 It's pretty awesome.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:4,225
Favorites: [Who?]0