Single Player Scenarios
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Browse Categories
New Files

Single Player Scenarios » Seige of Serirangapatna (Otter's Challenge)

Download File

Seige of Serirangapatna (Otter's Challenge)

Author File Description
issamistheking
File Details
Needs T&P?: Yes
The Fourth Anglo-Mysore War.

Tipu Sultan and his army are trapped inside the walls of the Serirangapatna city. The Cauvery river that flows around the city is almost dried up. With the help of traitors you have knowledge about the weakspots in the city's walls. You must act fast. To bring this war to an end would mean wiping out Tipu Sultan - The last threat to British East India Company's dreams of ruling the whole of the country. Your trusted ally Nizam of Hyderabad has promised reinforcements but if you don't destroy the fort just before the city then his army will be defeated. Tipu's long time rivals 'The Marathas' have also pledged to send reinforcements in the battle.

Relive this historic battle which changed the course of history allowing the British to establish a strong hold on the Indian Subcontinent. Capture the city of Serirangapatna to win this scenario. This is going to be a very tough scenario but beatable.

This is my first scenario and i am working on my second one. I would love some constructive feedback and a review would be just wonderful.

Regards,
Issam.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
LordBJ
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 4
It was a nice scenario. It was very short, but I had enough fun playing it nonetheless.

Balance: 5
Really tough, but certainly not impossible. I completed it the third time I tried.

Creativity: 3
I have never seen a scenario concerning the Anglo-Mysore war before. However, the starting position and the goal aren't really creative. I would have liked it if I could really use the stable and the barracks. But I couldn't, since I had no resources and no way to obtain them(other than plundering some enemy buildings).

Map Design: 4
Good enough for a short scenario. I especially liked the "walls" surrounding your enemy's cities. Unfortunately, the are no ruins or rare resources.

Story/Instructions: 3
Instructions, but no story.

Additional Comments:
Overall, this scenario was enjoyable enough. I'm looking forward to playing your next one.
issamistheking
File Author
Hi every1,

Just wanted to know what did u think abt the scenario?

Issam
naazissweet
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
(Insert Playability analysis here)
I liked the simple gameplay. No complications as such the reinforcements arrived just when i needed them.
Balance: 5
(Insert Balance analysis here)
You tried to make it historical. So, in that sense yes it was difficult to capture Sultan's capital so the balance here was good the battle went back n forth for a while.
Creativity: 3
(Insert Creativity analysis here)
Since this is a historic event i wouldn't give too much credit to your creativity here
Map Design: 4
(Insert Map Design analysis here)
You tried to emulate the Serirangapatnam city. Which has cauvery river flowing around it. So, i liked the idea but i think it could've been better.
Story/Instructions: 5
(Insert Story/Instructions analysis here)
If you are an indian you will know the story the instructions were pretty clear only 1 objective - Capture Serirangapatnam.
Additional Comments:
Since this is your first scenario I rated you that way but you need to work on your map design and also try to create something that hasn't been done before. Will look forward to more work from you.
naazissweet Nice short scenario. Just finished it. good fun to play...
issamistheking
File Author
thnx for the comment
issamistheking
File Author
This is for the moderators,

I have a review coming from Lord BJ and its due for the past three days i don't know why is it taking so long for it show up here. Is this normal ? or are you guys delaying it for some reason? Please i wanna know if my work was good and i want to improve in my next scenario need your help in this....

Issam
jimmybda i'll download and review it later today relax
SC_Dave Good map.;)
SC_Dave Anyways its not so hard,i did it pretty easily.
Just make groups:
heavy and light cavalry:group1
gunpowder infantry,pikemen,dragoons:group2
cannons:group3
First move group2 and set them defensive.When enemy comes,let em get close to ur infantry,then attack their flank with your cavalry.
Bomb the towers with the cannons.
issamistheking
File Author
@SC_Dave

Thanks for the valuable inputs i'll make it really tough next time around when i submit a scenario and then let's see what you have to say about that till then thnks for playin and keep an eye out for my nxt scn

Issam
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.3
Balance4.3