Single Player Scenarios
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Browse Categories
New Files

Single Player Scenarios » Accurate Map of Europe (scenario resource)

Download File

Accurate Map of Europe (scenario resource)

Author File Description
jimmybda
File Details
Needs T&P?: Yes
Map I'm using for my Otter Contest Scenario, I figured it's pretty hard to find a good map of Europe with mountains and rivers, so hopefully this should save a few of you some work.

Includes - Rivers, Mountains, Cities

I opted out of trees because I find they look out of place most of the time and get in the way of troop movements.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
LordBJ It may be very useful for those who design scenarios based on various historical events that significantly changed Europe as a whole(like the Black Death, the unification of Germany etc.).

However, it does not include all of Europe, and it's not very accurate(for example, you've placed Prague closer to the Danube than Budapest, Ljubljana is wrongly placed too). Actually, I think it's very difficult to make a really accurate map of Europe using the RoN scenario editor(because of its obvious limitations). So thank you for submitting it, it will probably save many people's work.

[Edited on 05/20/10 @ 01:37 PM]

jimmybda
File Author
Yeah, it doesn't include the entire continent, the thinking behind this was that Italy, Spain, and Poland/ Russia, in the case of my scenario, will not need to have fully operating nations, and can just have troops added through scripting.

I'll fix the Budapest misplacement, thanks for that note.

And I agree you can't really make an very accurate map - I tried to get the key mountain coverage and rivers.

Anyway,

- Jimmy
SC_Dave This isnt full Europe,and its not so accurate.Berlin's maps are more accurate.I always use them.
You should make a full Europe map,then everyone will can use it.
For example,its useless for a ww2 scenario...
jimmybda
File Author
Berlin's maps are accurate because they are just imported TGA files... anyone can do that. I was mainly concerned with accurate rivers and mountains.
jimmybda
File Author
Also it is in no way useless for a ww2 scenario. One can easily script in the creation of troops so that the russians advance, the americans invade, etc.

If you know how to script, a smaller map is often better because you don't need to rely on the computer managing resources to stay powerful, you can add in their units as necessary.

This map is fine for specific functions. There are enough general "World War 2" scenarios anyway that I don't really see the point in making another one.

German Unification, World War 1 Western Front, etc. are very possible. And because it features the fringes of Italy, Spain, and Poland/ Russia, you can disable city defeat for those nations and have them stay alive even when their cities are all taken.

If either of you can make a more accurate map (with terrain, not just a blank imported TGA), please upload it.
Dark Rebel Very True there are enough WWII scenarios they are all about the same thing get some creativity out there!
Anyway i think this map can be usful in many ways all you gotta do is have a little knowledge of scripting and put it to work!
:D

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:2,151
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:658.17 KB
Added:05/19/10